Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lindylim

Post by lindylim » Tue, 18 Jul 2006 12:28 pm

i have 3 friends whom went to the SIA interview. and 3 of em got in. 2 girls, 1 boy.

but 2girls gave em out. because they decided to further study.

seem so easy for em. but not me. sad.

Greenbikini

Post by Greenbikini » Tue, 18 Jul 2006 12:44 pm

Waiting to sign bond, I think we've met. On the management interview day (7July) and the water-confidence (5July).

I think I went home with you after the tea party right?

kekeai_82

Post by kekeai_82 » Wed, 19 Jul 2006 2:41 pm

silvercat wrote:
kekeai_82 wrote:Hi ladies,

I am really upset that I missed the recent SIA interviews.Does anyone know when is the next intake? I am 24 this year and turning 25 years old next year. Will I be too old for the application then? :(
Dont worry girl,
the next intake will be up pretty fast, considering a lot of people resigned after taking the lump sum bonus this month. 25 is not old at all. I have seen people that are much older joining. Some people look younger than their age.

For those worrying over the complexion problem..,
you dont need to have a clear flawless complex... not everyone is that fortunate. SIA would need to hire people that looks ok.. that is, no major serious flaws like tatoo, acne... if it boost ur confidence to put no thick makeup to cover, go for it. But do it right. If not, go natural.

For those worrying about the min height issues..,
the main reason behind the min height is that u must be able to close the overhead compartment on the aircarft.

To waiting to sign bond,
cleaning toilet is for the safety/security, and for the cleanliness sake. Its part of the job scope and its also a parcel of our daily household chores. Nowsadays, newbies dont get bullied as like prev. So dont worry about that, but rather focusing on doing your work right. Married ppl.. definitely. many are even couple-coded to fly. no problem in this issue at all.
Thanks Slivercat! Feel so much better now..Heehee

ValerieChu

hi ...

Post by ValerieChu » Fri, 21 Jul 2006 6:07 pm

hi girls.. i've have missed te pervious interview too.. sob sob... i have been wanted to be air stewardess...can travel around and get paid..
wonder when is the next... i quite worry and feel inferior :cry: cos i am quite plump... cos my figure is flat and my hips looks wide.. so look fat la...

any idea.. if SIA really goes for figure and prettiness>>>???
and i am 25 yrs old... am i too old??
what is the thing that SIA look for as air crew???
what is the bond like???

sorry i really quite curious about it... that's why so many questions...

ssemaj

Post by ssemaj » Fri, 21 Jul 2006 8:16 pm

SIA doesn't select people based on looks only. Even the very pretty ones also can be eliminated too. No one really knows what the selection criteria are -- if you're interested in being a FA, suggest you look through the messages posted in this thread and throughout the forum....it'll give you more insights and answers that you need. Anyway, the bond is 3yrs and they do take in candidates at 25 years old (because i know of some selected at 25).

They just had a recent interview so perhaps 2 or 3 mths later (can't be sure too) will have another one.

ValerieChu

Post by ValerieChu » Sat, 22 Jul 2006 3:08 am

hi ssemaj
thanks alot for feeding me with the info... yap.. heard that they dun just select by looks... just curious abt the "X"factor they looking for... cos i see the SIA girls are all slim...

are u in this line??? what is the feeling like when u fly oversea?? what kinda of life being a singapore girl??

rgds
val

shaky

Motivation

Post by shaky » Sun, 23 Jul 2006 2:07 pm

hmm looking forward to the next interview anyone has any insider's info when it will be. one thing gd abt these interviews are u can try as many times as u like. as for the results well we can only hope for the best. taking into consideration that being an air steward is definitely not just a fun and glamourous job but somehow it juz appeals a hell lot to me. perhaps it's the potential of having a whole new experience in life but also i hope it can be something i an do well at and also enjoy the whole process. anyhow, good luck to all and dun give up.
the grass is greener on the other side.

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sun, 23 Jul 2006 9:06 pm

Now that Singapore will be hosting the International Monetory Fund and World Bank Meeting on September, I heard that SIA cabin crew will have training on service and so does other people working in the tourism and service industry. :D

gliny
Regular
Regular

Post by gliny » Mon, 24 Jul 2006 3:49 am

I think we should not keep trying and trying even though we can't get in. Like one of the trainer in sia stated, he said that it is better to give yourself a window period like 6 mths before coming for the interview again. Meanwhile go think about where you went wrong, and what you could have done better. Even the trainer recongnise the person coming for the 1nd or 3rd time. Its not going to give a lasting impression of yourself isn't it? No offense in my post. Just giving a thought on what the trainer said.

gliny
Regular
Regular

Re: hi ...

Post by gliny » Mon, 24 Jul 2006 3:51 am

ValerieChu wrote:hi girls.. i've have missed te pervious interview too.. sob sob... i have been wanted to be air stewardess...can travel around and get paid..
wonder when is the next... i quite worry and feel inferior :cry: cos i am quite plump... cos my figure is flat and my hips looks wide.. so look fat la...

what is the bond like???

I guess it's just displaying the right attitude. Not just about looks and stuffs.

milky

Post by milky » Mon, 24 Jul 2006 4:37 pm

gliny wrote:
ValerieChu wrote:hi girls.. i've have missed te pervious interview too.. sob sob... i have been wanted to be air stewardess...can travel around and get paid..

what is the bond like???

I guess it's just displaying the right attitude. Not just about looks and stuffs.
if SIA is really looking for the right kinda attitude then whats up with all the qualifications stuffs?
if they gt the right attitude staffs then why are there a high rate of crews quiting?

lamia

curious

Post by lamia » Mon, 24 Jul 2006 9:11 pm

Actually,i've heard some news which i'm not sure if its true at all cos it's been told by my friend's friend who is in SQ ...or this topic had already been answered.i'm just wondering if its true that those who got selected had to purchase their own luggage, sets or a set of ofc suits,bag n shoes? n what they provide is only the kabaya?..so anyone to enlighten my mind?.. :???:
Sea of vermins*

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Mon, 24 Jul 2006 9:41 pm

milky wrote:
gliny wrote:

what is the bond like???

if SIA is really looking for the right kinda attitude then whats up with all the qualifications stuffs?
if they gt the right attitude staffs then why are there a high rate of crews quiting?
most people view FA as a job not a lifetime career. As for the girls, beauty probably does not last forever. Qualifications are to make sure that cabin crews have the RIGHT criterias for the job. Having a degree would PROBABLY mean a candidate posesses proficiency in english and have a wider scope of knowledge. Of course, in order to test if a candidate posses these criterias, an interview is conducted. These are probably just some of the reasons why FAs have a high turnover rate.
"City of Ang3Ls"

lamia

hi...

Post by lamia » Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:24 pm

thx u blancD..

i agree :D n cant wait for the next recruit...
Sea of vermins*

ahben6

Mangement Interview and Tea Party

Post by ahben6 » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 3:11 am

Hi everyone,

How is the management interview like? any idea?