Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
kekeai_82

Post by kekeai_82 » Sat, 15 Jul 2006 1:19 am

dilemma_nic wrote:
kekeai_82 wrote:
dilemma_nic wrote: hmm..roughly sep? anyway..ur age shld be fine..
not 30 can le... =)
Really? Honestly, I am pretty afraid that I would have to wait for a long long time(I am thinking maybe a year or so...) for their next intake as now they are recruiting massively. Sob sob..... :cry:
hey...i think the next intake will be pretty fast..
they really in need of ppl now..i doubt they will close off the recruitment so soon..
there shld be one more recruitment to go this yr...
don sob! :wink:
Thanks dilemma_nic! That's makes me feel better. Crossing my finger now. Btw, all the best to you and those who are still undergoing the test or the interview. Hope you guys will sail thru smoothly. Good luck !

dilemma_nic
Regular
Regular

Post by dilemma_nic » Sat, 15 Jul 2006 1:39 am

hehe ure welcome kekeai_82! :lol:

Waiting to sign bond

thks dilemma_nic

Post by Waiting to sign bond » Sat, 15 Jul 2006 9:33 am

thank u fer ur reassurance,

Theres no chances of me being pregnant at all.

i'll breathe in and wait it out.

dilemma_nic
Regular
Regular

Post by dilemma_nic » Sat, 15 Jul 2006 12:03 pm

aight...update us when u sign bond k! =)

Waiting to sign bond

My swim test experience

Post by Waiting to sign bond » Sat, 15 Jul 2006 1:06 pm

Hi

I wore formal attire for the swim test. (heels, water-proof makeup and all). There were girls who were wearing v formal as well but i was surprised to note tht several (approx 15/40) were wearing smart casual. Like pedal pushers... pants (those u2 kind) and even flowy skirts.

Found out later on, tht waht u wear dosent matter, coz amongst those tht got in, There were a handful who were wearing casual clothes.

We were shown the changing room and asked to change and assemble in the swimming area. I wore a tankini, bottom was a skirt...(Coz im bottom heavy mah)

In our swim wear, our ht & wt were taken again. my ht is 1.67 wt is 54kg. It was diff fr the one taken during the kebaya round. The person also dropped a bombshell, saying tht we will also haf to go thru a skin checkup after the swim test.

Thk goodness i concealed my scars with water-proof makeup (i recommend this brand called "covermark", can buy a small container of concealor fr seiyu bugis at $40)

We were divided into 2 grps and had to wait for our turn. i was in the 2nd grp. So i got to see the girls jump in and swim (backstroke) across. Immediately after tht they had to queue up and be subject scrutiny by a women. She made notes on a pad.

I noticed tht as long as you swam across. you;ll pass. In fact, as i was observing the instructors, they were not even looking at the girls while they were swimming across. Only the life guard/swimming instructor was observing the girls...

When it was my turn...the lifeguard uncle gave us clear instructions on how to swim across (back stroke) he also asked who do not know how to swim. And he said...only 1 in 1000 will fail swim test. (got life vest)

So basically, the point is...the swim test is not the most impt. its just the prerequisite. Whats impt, is making sure ur face is clear, and if there r scars, conceal them well. and maybe test n see how the makeup will look when its wet. what i did was to try it out at home first (i applied the makeyp and then ran water on my face to see which parts to put more make up.)

A tip. Do not touch ur face after coming out of the water. just push back ur hair if u need to. coz the makeup (cover mark) smears easily. so just leave it.

For those with long hair pls bring a rubber band to tye ur hair back neatly. coz when u jump in. (Its shocking ok! suddenly ur in the water!) ur hair goes evry where...

After the whole thing, we changed and sat down awaiting results.

Some girls were called aside first. Turned out, they were asked if they would mind cutting their hair. (uneven ears)

Apart fr these... nothing much happened. 14/39 gals were selected.

We then proceeded to to the psychometric test (20 min). using computers.

After which, we were given application forms to fill up and bring for our final interview/ tea party....

:) thts all folks.

Hope my experience will give u a better idea of wat to expect.

Regards.

dilemma_nic
Regular
Regular

Re: My swim test experience

Post by dilemma_nic » Sat, 15 Jul 2006 1:38 pm

Waiting to sign bond wrote:Hi

I wore formal attire for the swim test. (heels, water-proof makeup and all). There were girls who were wearing v formal as well but i was surprised to note tht several (approx 15/40) were wearing smart casual. Like pedal pushers... pants (those u2 kind) and even flowy skirts.

Found out later on, tht waht u wear dosent matter, coz amongst those tht got in, There were a handful who were wearing casual clothes.

We were shown the changing room and asked to change and assemble in the swimming area. I wore a tankini, bottom was a skirt...(Coz im bottom heavy mah)

In our swim wear, our ht & wt were taken again. my ht is 1.67 wt is 54kg. It was diff fr the one taken during the kebaya round. The person also dropped a bombshell, saying tht we will also haf to go thru a skin checkup after the swim test.

Thk goodness i concealed my scars with water-proof makeup (i recommend this brand called "covermark", can buy a small container of concealor fr seiyu bugis at $40)

We were divided into 2 grps and had to wait for our turn. i was in the 2nd grp. So i got to see the girls jump in and swim (backstroke) across. Immediately after tht they had to queue up and be subject scrutiny by a women. She made notes on a pad.

I noticed tht as long as you swam across. you;ll pass. In fact, as i was observing the instructors, they were not even looking at the girls while they were swimming across. Only the life guard/swimming instructor was observing the girls...

When it was my turn...the lifeguard uncle gave us clear instructions on how to swim across (back stroke) he also asked who do not know how to swim. And he said...only 1 in 1000 will fail swim test. (got life vest)

So basically, the point is...the swim test is not the most impt. its just the prerequisite. Whats impt, is making sure ur face is clear, and if there r scars, conceal them well. and maybe test n see how the makeup will look when its wet. what i did was to try it out at home first (i applied the makeyp and then ran water on my face to see which parts to put more make up.)

A tip. Do not touch ur face after coming out of the water. just push back ur hair if u need to. coz the makeup (cover mark) smears easily. so just leave it.

For those with long hair pls bring a rubber band to tye ur hair back neatly. coz when u jump in. (Its shocking ok! suddenly ur in the water!) ur hair goes evry where...

After the whole thing, we changed and sat down awaiting results.

Some girls were called aside first. Turned out, they were asked if they would mind cutting their hair. (uneven ears)

Apart fr these... nothing much happened. 14/39 gals were selected.

We then proceeded to to the psychometric test (20 min). using computers.

After which, we were given application forms to fill up and bring for our final interview/ tea party....

:) thts all folks.

Hope my experience will give u a better idea of wat to expect.

Regards.
hey, thats a really detailed experience..
thank u..i needed this sorta feedback actually, and why would u have heavy bottom when ure so tall and light!!

anyway, are the girls really tht bad? or is it they are jus merely being very strict?
do u know of any shorter ones like botherline height girls who manage to get thru?
are most girls who got in have beautiful complexion?

rgds

charchar

Post by charchar » Sat, 15 Jul 2006 3:10 pm

dilemma_nic are you excited we are going on MOnday... Gosh... i think we had heard alot of the experience that people share around here...

Height, weight, complexion, etc... I think most importantly we need to stay calm and confidence at all times.

Well, will check out some waterproof makeup too esp the one that waiting to sign bond recommend....

Dear waitiing to sign bond do you have a shorter nick that we can address you?? :D

dilemma_nic
Regular
Regular

Post by dilemma_nic » Sat, 15 Jul 2006 4:39 pm

charchar wrote:dilemma_nic are you excited we are going on MOnday... Gosh... i think we had heard alot of the experience that people share around here...

Height, weight, complexion, etc... I think most importantly we need to stay calm and confidence at all times.

Well, will check out some waterproof makeup too esp the one that waiting to sign bond recommend....

Dear waitiing to sign bond do you have a shorter nick that we can address you?? :D
yeah! im so excited...but it seems like both 17th and 18th classs are combined? so there will be alot of ppl i think?

check out loreal airwear or maybelline one..their concealer is cheap and pretty waterproof too..not bad..

in any ways..all the best to everyone..! :wink:
for those who are unfortunate, we shall try again next rd k :oops:

and oh yah.....waiting to sign bond..is there a shorter name to adddress U? haha :mad:

Baby_Jr14

Post by Baby_Jr14 » Sun, 16 Jul 2006 12:24 pm

hi waiting to sign bond,

which day did you went for the water confidence test? prolly we went on the same day? :)

silvercat

Post by silvercat » Mon, 17 Jul 2006 1:42 am

kekeai_82 wrote:Hi ladies,

I am really upset that I missed the recent SIA interviews.Does anyone know when is the next intake? I am 24 this year and turning 25 years old next year. Will I be too old for the application then? :(
Dont worry girl,
the next intake will be up pretty fast, considering a lot of people resigned after taking the lump sum bonus this month. 25 is not old at all. I have seen people that are much older joining. Some people look younger than their age.

For those worrying over the complexion problem..,
you dont need to have a clear flawless complex... not everyone is that fortunate. SIA would need to hire people that looks ok.. that is, no major serious flaws like tatoo, acne... if it boost ur confidence to put no thick makeup to cover, go for it. But do it right. If not, go natural.

For those worrying about the min height issues..,
the main reason behind the min height is that u must be able to close the overhead compartment on the aircarft.

To waiting to sign bond,
cleaning toilet is for the safety/security, and for the cleanliness sake. Its part of the job scope and its also a parcel of our daily household chores. Nowsadays, newbies dont get bullied as like prev. So dont worry about that, but rather focusing on doing your work right. Married ppl.. definitely. many are even couple-coded to fly. no problem in this issue at all.

Waiting to sign bond

swim test

Post by Waiting to sign bond » Mon, 17 Jul 2006 9:38 am

There were girls of different hts. and you know what.
Some girls with perfect complexions did not get in.

But some with quite bad skin (blemishes)
Managed to get in.

So its quite unpredictable actually

Waiting to sign bond

swim test

Post by Waiting to sign bond » Mon, 17 Jul 2006 9:38 am

There were girls of different hts. and you know what.
Some girls with perfect complexions did not get in.

But some with quite bad skin (blemishes)
Managed to get in.

So its quite unpredictable actually

Waiting to sign bond

Water confidence test date

Post by Waiting to sign bond » Mon, 17 Jul 2006 9:48 am

I went for the water confidence on the 5th July... in the morning...

What do u mean by couple coded to fly?

Dillemma_nic and whoever has swim test on 18th:
All the best for the swim test!

Waiting to sign bond

ALL THE BEST

Post by Waiting to sign bond » Mon, 17 Jul 2006 9:52 am

good luck to all.

In future you guys can address me as "May"

:)

silvercat

Re: Water confidence test date

Post by silvercat » Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:36 am

Waiting to sign bond wrote:I went for the water confidence on the 5th July... in the morning...

What do u mean by couple coded to fly?

Dillemma_nic and whoever has swim test on 18th:
All the best for the swim test!
Alot of the couples are flying together. So they have a choice to be couple coded, ie. fly together.