Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
charchar

Post by charchar » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 2:54 pm

voxvox wrote:
charchar wrote:Voxvox,

so most of the girls wear one piece swim wear or bikinis? And you? And wat attire to wear for this round 2? Do we still need to wear like office attire like the first round at swissotel?

Hi charchar,

i think it really depends. If you think that you have a good figure, you can choose to wear 2 piece bikini. If not, you can stick to one piece or tankini.

As for dresscode, you do not need to wear formal as its only for swim test and psychometric test. The management interview will be on another day.
thank you voxvox for your advices!!

White_Belle
Regular
Regular

Post by White_Belle » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 2:56 pm

koko77 wrote:Hi to all. I've been reading for the posts for some time. And its really nice knowing people are looking for career in SQ, and of cos' many doubts. I just in to SIA recently and I am pretty sure that they don't have quota. So keep trying... show them how much you want this job, let your personality SHINE, be natural, and show your enthusiasm. Good luck... =)
Hey koko, so r u a FA from SIA? Since u mention "they don't have quota", do u have any idea when will they hold the next recruitment intake? Thanks! :)

voxvox

Post by voxvox » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 4:00 pm

dilemma_nic wrote:
voxvox wrote:
charchar wrote:Voxvox,

hey girl..
thank u so much for ur response...
mgmt interview so fast?
doesnt that mean once they meet their quota of recruiting..they will be eliminating even more when it come to the last grp? =(

im losing my confidence...=( my forehead popping out so many pimples!
btw....the well lit room is right after u got up from ur swimming and ure still in ur wet suit?
Hi Dilemma_nic,

I don't think they have any quota. If they think you are good, they will defintely take you. My friend who went to the management round and tea party this morning told me that 6 out of 9 candidates got through. She was one of them.

After you jump off from the mock plane, you are required to swim (with lifevest) to the other side of the pool. And you (still in wet suit) queue up to go into the well lit room for skin check. After that, you may go to the bathroom to wash up and wait for results.

Hope this helps to clear your doubts. :)

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 4:08 pm

White Belle.

Sorry, I have no idea when is their next intake. But according to the lady who assist us thruout the whole interviews, she said that there are classes starting every month. Which means that they do have a whole group of people waiting to be scheduled to a class.

With the trend that I see for this yr and all of . They probably would need more crews in about 4 months time bcos' new crews will be flying the 777 and so on, most of the seniors will be scheduled for the A380.

So, if you're keen to be in this field. Be prepared and go prepared. Make it or break it.

White_Belle
Regular
Regular

Post by White_Belle » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 4:26 pm

koko77 wrote:White Belle.

Sorry, I have no idea when is their next intake. But according to the lady who assist us thruout the whole interviews, she said that there are classes starting every month. Which means that they do have a whole group of people waiting to be scheduled to a class.

With the trend that I see for this yr and all of . They probably would need more crews in about 4 months time bcos' new crews will be flying the 777 and so on, most of the seniors will be scheduled for the A380.

So, if you're keen to be in this field. Be prepared and go prepared. Make it or break it.

That's indeed a great news to every FA wanna-besSsssss over here. :)

So i assume the classes u referring to are training classes?

8-)

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 4:37 pm

White Belle

Yeah!! Don't worry. SIA have enough revenues but insufficient human resources to fill in their vacancies. Anyway, It's a fact that they need many crews. Normal boeing and airbus operates about 11 crews, imagine there's are 50 flights per day, they need more than 500 crews. There are abt 5000+ 6000 crews in SIA now... So you can imagine how many crews they need in order to operates more flights. Make sense? ha.

dilemma_nic
Regular
Regular

Post by dilemma_nic » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 4:57 pm

voxvox wrote:
dilemma_nic wrote:
voxvox wrote: Hi Dilemma_nic,

I don't think they have any quota. If they think you are good, they will defintely take you. My friend who went to the management round and tea party this morning told me that 6 out of 9 candidates got through. She was one of them.

After you jump off from the mock plane, you are required to swim (with lifevest) to the other side of the pool. And you (still in wet suit) queue up to go into the well lit room for skin check. After that, you may go to the bathroom to wash up and wait for results.

Hope this helps to clear your doubts. :)
ooh voxvox
thank you so muchh..
jus hope my skin test will get thru :oops:
update us if anything..congrats to u =)

nana07
Regular
Regular

Post by nana07 » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 6:16 pm

hi all..
i forgot how many ppl were there yesterday but around 30 plus.
anyway, do remember to put on concealor or full make up still for the water confidence test.
from what i see, they eliminate most of the gals with no make up or sthg. a few of them do not have very gd complexion but the make up covers it all n they got in.

Baby_Jr14

Curiousity kills

Post by Baby_Jr14 » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 8:40 pm

hi guys..

just need some confirmation..
i've been accepted for the cabin crew post and have undergo medical checkup. i declared i had mild asthma, i was wondering if this would affect my application. the doctor was mumbling through and i couldn't really hear what she was talking. she said somthing like "you will hear from SIA". Is that a bad sign? gosh. i went through alot to get till where i am, it will be a great loss if i couldn't get in because of it. help?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 9:27 pm

Baby_Jr14,

I would not like to get your hopes up but I think that if they the doctor was of the opinion you were unsuitable due to your asthma she would have told you there and then. Having said that there is no way I can be sure but many people who have asthma work in a variety of different jobs and since you would not be alone as a member of cabin crew hopefully it should not pose a problem. I think and again I cannot be certain it may depend on it's severity as some people get worse attacks than others.

However you are quite correct to declare it only a fool would not as you could be taken ill (I most certainly hope not) and those around you would need to know what is wrong. I once worked with a man who suffered from seizures and did not tell anyone and the inevitable happened while he was working with a colleague who not knowing anything of this got the worst shock of his life.

Just wait and hope and don't be too disappointed if you get bad news these are just things that happen which we can't control.

Best Wishes,

Plavt.

dottie

Post by dottie » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 9:46 pm

Hi all,

actually the height doesn't really matters. I'm 159 and i'm in already! so dont be despair if ur height is just nice. Anyway, their cut off height is 158.

As for pimples on the forehead, some of my colleagues doesnt have perfect skin also. As long as u able to conceal and it will recover, it shouldnt be a problem.

Good luck to all the people who is going for the 3rd round interview.

dottie

Re: Curiousity kills

Post by dottie » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 9:50 pm

Baby_Jr14 wrote:hi guys..

just need some confirmation..
i've been accepted for the cabin crew post and have undergo medical checkup. i declared i had mild asthma, i was wondering if this would affect my application. the doctor was mumbling through and i couldn't really hear what she was talking. she said somthing like "you will hear from SIA". Is that a bad sign? gosh. i went through alot to get till where i am, it will be a great loss if i couldn't get in because of it. help?
Hi Baby_Jr14,

if i'm not wrong, u will definately hear from them. Just wait paitiently. :) people who got into the medical checkup more or less will be offer the job.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 9:56 pm

dottie wrote:Hi all,

, their cut off height is 158. #-o ](*,)

Welcome to the board dottie, what is going on here? This requirement is clearly stated on the website but several posters claimed that you can be accepted under this height (.i.e. if you could reach a mark on the wall stading on tip-toe).

I would like to hear your view though.

Plavt.

dottie

Post by dottie » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 9:57 pm

oh... sorry. what i meant is if u are ABOVE 158.

thanks plavt

dottie

Post by dottie » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:06 pm

Plavt wrote:
dottie wrote:Hi all,

, their cut off height is 158. #-o ](*,)

Welcome to the board dottie, what is going on here? This requirement is clearly stated on the website but several posters claimed that you can be accepted under this height (.i.e. if you could reach a mark on the wall stading on tip-toe).

I would like to hear your view though.

Plavt.
Actually i feel that they are quite strict with the height requirement. As long as u are Above 158cm and have all the characteristic they are looking for, they will definately take u. However, sometimes the height machine may not be that accurate so border line height may be risky too.
I went for the interview with one of my friend. This was her sec attempt ( She managed to go till the kebaya round but she got eliminated during her first attempt). However, during the sec attempt the person failed her height and turn her down immediately. IF she could get in the first attempt, why would she failed her height during the sec attempt ??

Thats why i always feel luck is very important. x)