Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pinkpeace7

Post by pinkpeace7 » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 10:05 pm

Really?! Half?! How many were u? My frd went today too, and she was eliminated. Do you know the reason though??

dottie

Post by dottie » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:00 pm

hi all, actually i have been following this forum since last december. i have always been very keen in cabin crew as a career. However, i did not post my reply or my questions out as i was too lazy. :p

Just register and manage to post reply. Wanted to reply to Nana and some other people out there which is keen in knowing the stages.

Just wanna share... The water confidence and kebaya round was actually the very crucial round. They eliminated alot of people in this stage. What i feel is make sure u put on the most body hugging" kebaya and it has to flattered ur figure. The rest i guess is kinda luck...

ps: i wanted to post the reply yst but i couldnt post on time as my account hav not been activated.

charchar

Post by charchar » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 1:24 am

I guess the water confidence is a killer round. Just hope we can get thru. Heard and read from some previous post that we must wear the kebaya to jump off the plane....

dilemma_nic
Regular
Regular

Post by dilemma_nic » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 2:29 am

oh my god..
the trend here seems to be eliminating those who measured 157-158? ...=/

its really demoralising.....
argh

by the way charchar...i think its swim suit that we wear, not kebaya..
those who jus went..care to share more in details?

and...u can always try again! =)

voxvox

Post by voxvox » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:21 am

dilemma_nic wrote:oh my god..

argh

Hi Dilemma_nic,

There were abt 35 gals (i forgot the actual number) who went for the water confidence test and 20 got through.

I am not really sure if there is a trend of eliminating candidates measuring 157 to 158cm. As there was a skin check after the swim, we were asked to go into a well lit room one by one. There were 2 examiners. One of them was a Lancome beautician. She would scrutinize our faces thoroughly. No checks were done on our hands and legs. Only the face and neck area.

After everyone was examined, the successful candidates' names would be called out to proceed on for the psychometric test. Final management rounds will be on 13 and 14 July.

Hope the information above is useful. Good luck!~ :D

Best Regards
voxvox

charchar

Post by charchar » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:14 am

argh

Dilemma_nic, I heard from a current SQ FA that we will be wearing kebaya to jump.... I dont know how true but that's what the FA said.

Perhaps we wear our swim suit inside the kebaya... my god how to paddle in that long skirt.... :???:

silvercat

SIA interview.. what are they looking for

Post by silvercat » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:22 am

Hi to all the wannabes.. some summary from me just to help u all out..

Group interviews: to assess ur stress/nerve control level, ur group presence, ur ability to stir up conversations, how presentable are u, and how u project ur image in the crowd, the way u speak and ur english fluency

kebaya fitting/skin examination: to assess ur body figure(not too under/over weight), posture(standing/walking), how u hold urself, ur skin conditions

psychometric test: to help the interviewer assess ur personality (whether u r a leader or follower etc..)

water confidence test: to make sure u can survive in water in the presence of a lifevest.

management/tea party interview: knowing about u and ur background, how u handle stress, ur seriousness, can u strike up a conversation, customer service, group presence.

medical: to assess ur health/medical history.

Finally, the training: how fast u learn ur work, how determine are u, how u work as a team

SIA is really in need of new recruits this time round, reason being there are lots of new aircrafts A380/773ER/778 and the turnover rate.
So do give it another go and who knows, u may get ur dream job.

All the best!

charchar

Post by charchar » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:33 am

hello silvercat are you a FA?

voxvox

Post by voxvox » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:43 am

charchar wrote:

argh

Dilemma_nic, I heard from a current SQ FA that we will be wearing kebaya to jump.... I dont know how true but that's what the FA said.

Perhaps we wear our swim suit inside the kebaya... my god how to paddle in that long skirt.... :???:

Hi Charchar,

Don't worry too much. I don't think you will be wearing swimsuit inside your kebaya for the water confidence test. I just had mine yesterday and we only wear swim suit and life vest.

Best Regards
voxvox

charchar

Post by charchar » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:56 am

voxvox wrote:
charchar wrote:

argh

Hi Charchar,

Don't worry too much. I don't think you will be wearing swimsuit inside your kebaya for the water confidence test. I just had mine yesterday and we only wear swim suit and life vest.

Best Regards
voxvox

Hello voxvox,
The lancome beautician really scrutinise our face? I have no scars but few pimles on my forehead.

charchar

Post by charchar » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:01 pm

Voxvox,

so most of the girls wear one piece swim wear or bikinis? And you? And wat attire to wear for this round 2? Do we still need to wear like office attire like the first round at swissotel?

voxvox

Post by voxvox » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 1:52 pm

charchar wrote:Voxvox,

so most of the girls wear one piece swim wear or bikinis? And you? And wat attire to wear for this round 2? Do we still need to wear like office attire like the first round at swissotel?

Hi charchar,

i think it really depends. If you think that you have a good figure, you can choose to wear 2 piece bikini. If not, you can stick to one piece or tankini.

As for dresscode, you do not need to wear formal as its only for swim test and psychometric test. The management interview will be on another day.

dilemma_nic
Regular
Regular

Post by dilemma_nic » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 2:24 pm

voxvox wrote:
charchar wrote:Voxvox,

Hi charchar,

i think it really depends. If you think that you have a good figure, you can choose to wear 2 piece bikini. If not, you can stick to one piece or tankini.

As for dresscode, you do not need to wear formal as its only for swim test and psychometric test. The management interview will be on another day.
hey girl..
thank u so much for ur response...
mgmt interview so fast?
doesnt that mean once they meet their quota of recruiting..they will be eliminating even more when it come to the last grp? =(

im losing my confidence...=( my forehead popping out so many pimples!
btw....the well lit room is right after u got up from ur swimming and ure still in ur wet suit?

dilemma_nic
Regular
Regular

Re: SIA interview.. what are they looking for

Post by dilemma_nic » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 2:27 pm

silvercat wrote:Hi to all the wannabes.. some summary from me just to help u all out..

Group interviews: to assess ur stress/nerve control level, ur group presence, ur ability to stir up conversations, how presentable are u, and how u project ur image in the crowd, the way u speak and ur english fluency

kebaya fitting/skin examination: to assess ur body figure(not too under/over weight), posture(standing/walking), how u hold urself, ur skin conditions

psychometric test: to help the interviewer assess ur personality (whether u r a leader or follower etc..)

water confidence test: to make sure u can survive in water in the presence of a lifevest.

management/tea party interview: knowing about u and ur background, how u handle stress, ur seriousness, can u strike up a conversation, customer service, group presence.

medical: to assess ur health/medical history.

Finally, the training: how fast u learn ur work, how determine are u, how u work as a team

SIA is really in need of new recruits this time round, reason being there are lots of new aircrafts A380/773ER/778 and the turnover rate.
So do give it another go and who knows, u may get ur dream job.

All the best!
thanks silvercat! ur infomation is very much appreciated and useful!
so ure a FA ?

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 2:39 pm

Hi to all. I've been reading for the posts for some time. And its really nice knowing people are looking for career in SQ, and of cos' many doubts. I just in to SIA recently and I am pretty sure that they don't have quota. So keep trying... show them how much you want this job, let your personality SHINE, be natural, and show your enthusiasm. Good luck... =)