Singapore Expats

JOB IN A BANK

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Shazers
Regular
Regular

JOB IN A BANK

Post by Shazers » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 3:13 pm

Hey,

Was on a prowl looking for a job in the Banks....anyone know how to of a good job? (already tried their websites)

Bonbon
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Bonbon » Thu, 16 Feb 2006 6:22 pm

depends on whether you want to work in an investment bank or retail bank.

What type of jobs are you looking for?

You can try the recruitment agencies. Robert Walters, Michael Pages, Hudson etc...

Bonnie

Shazers
Regular
Regular

Post by Shazers » Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:45 am

well,

am seekng entry level positions....not much experiece only about 3 months...........................

:)

dango

Post by dango » Fri, 17 Feb 2006 1:51 pm

even then, you need to be more specific. Which area of banking are you aiming for?
Beagan agus a ra go maith

sharkie8480
Regular
Regular

Post by sharkie8480 » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 7:15 pm

what kind of bank positions are open to non banking grads? What is the starting pay for those?

Miss Swan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Miss Swan » Mon, 15 May 2006 1:33 pm

Sorry for this late post! Just came across it...

Quite a number of positions available...depending on what kind you want. Bank officers, bank tellers, customer service officers, telemarketers...
And if you have a degree, Personal Financial Officer selling bank services and loans.

For the 1st line, salary range is about $1.5-1.8K
For the latter, $2.2K onwards. But it's a tough tough world out there. My friends are in that area. Not easy unless you're good in sales.

Hope this helps!

ngvita

Investment Related Job

Post by ngvita » Tue, 27 Jun 2006 3:55 pm

Am on the lookout for investment related management or research job in Sg.
No prior experience and from non-finance/accounting related disipline, ie. with degree, Msc in Engineering. But found deep deep interest and intelectually stimulating not known before going thru' CFA progamme. (at level 2 but already keen to read on level 3). Already researching on CAIA and financial modelling. Very analytical and enjoy dissecting/ digesting/ convincing.

For ppl in early 30s like me ready fr a switch/plunge , will any related door open up?

keith425
Regular
Regular

Post by keith425 » Sun, 09 Jul 2006 6:25 pm

hi Ngvita,

Im planning to move into investment banking/finance as well. When did you take the CFA? Im planning to take Level 1 in december. But my background is in IT, so need to get experience to get chartered.

anyway: heres a site that might be helpful: http://www.efinancialcareers.sg

ngvita

Post by ngvita » Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:12 pm

Hi,

I took it in 2005. Hope you can do well in ur coming exam.

[quote="keith425"]hi Ngvita,

Im planning to move into investment banking/finance as well. When did you take the CFA? Im planning to take Level 1 in december. But my background is in IT, so need to get experience to get chartered.

anyway: heres a site that might be helpful: http://www.efinancialcareers.sg[/quote]

Bonbon
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Bonbon » Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:38 pm

I don't think y ou need experience for taking CFA, you need equivalent 3 years banking experience, but that is irrelevant to when you take your exams.

Shazer, try the GA (Graduate Associate) positions offered by most of the banks, they look for graduates to train them up. You need to take up exams , IQ tests etc...

Why dont you go to the career websites of the major banks, and just try your luck chuck your CVs in!

ar_lim

Post by ar_lim » Thu, 30 Nov 2006 1:02 am

i'm interested in those top tier bank ( M & A)... I have tried to apply for their graduate associate..however, I was rejected..wat could I do then? is that possible for me to work as an auditor for 3 years..and then try to apply again? is the probablity to get in will be higher for auditor?

Bonbon
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Bonbon » Thu, 30 Nov 2006 9:42 am

just replied your PM, thought you said you've got a GA job with Maybank??? or was I not reading properly due tojetlag :shock:

3 years audit in the banking sector in the big 4 would be able to get yourself landed in IB later on in your career path. However just like I said in the PM I replied to you, depends on what job in the IB you would want to be landed upon, also whether you would mind to start as a junior in an IB after 3 years audit experience or not....