Singapore Expats

Anyone went for the 1 july interview?

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ms cheerful

Anyone went for the 1 july interview?

Post by ms cheerful » Sat, 01 Jul 2006 4:39 pm

hey, anybody went for today's interview?
Was it crowded?

mickccm

Re: Anyone went for the 1 july interview?

Post by mickccm » Sat, 01 Jul 2006 6:02 pm

ms cheerful wrote:hey, anybody went for today's interview?
Was it crowded?
hi.. i went for the interview today.. if u going tml.. remember to go early.. i reached at abt 9.15 today and the queue is already very long.. i heard that some ppl went as early as 7 plus or 8 just to queue... :shock:

ms cheerful

Post by ms cheerful » Sat, 01 Jul 2006 6:08 pm

So how long have u waited for the 1st interview? Did u get urself to the 2nd round? Hope so u did.

mickccm

Post by mickccm » Sat, 01 Jul 2006 6:14 pm

ms cheerful wrote:So how long have u waited for the 1st interview? Did u get urself to the 2nd round? Hope so u did.
i reached at 9 plus.. by the time i got the registration form was abt 10.45 i think.. or nearly 11.. then i was told to go back at abt 11.45 for the interview..

by the time my group was in for the interview and finished the interview, it was nearly one... when we were told who made it to the second round.. it was 1pm..

for mi.. i was lucky.. i made it to the second round... which i was told to go back at abt 1.15.. gave mi abt fifteen mins break...

then go back.. waited quite long again.. after that went in for the second interview.. by the time i was done... it was already abt 2.45...

ms cheerful

Post by ms cheerful » Sat, 01 Jul 2006 6:25 pm

mickccm wrote:
ms cheerful wrote:So how long have u waited for the 1st interview? Did u get urself to the 2nd round? Hope so u did.
i reached at 9 plus.. by the time i got the registration form was abt 10.45 i think.. or nearly 11.. then i was told to go back at abt 11.45 for the interview..

by the time my group was in for the interview and finished the interview, it was nearly one... when we were told who made it to the second round.. it was 1pm..

for mi.. i was lucky.. i made it to the second round... which i was told to go back at abt 1.15.. gave mi abt fifteen mins break...

then go back.. waited quite long again.. after that went in for the second interview.. by the time i was done... it was already abt 2.45...
So wad abt the 3rd round? Are u in?

Would u might to share the qns they ask for the 1st and 2nd round?
And did u wear formal? sorry for many qns asked....

wendy_11

Post by wendy_11 » Sat, 01 Jul 2006 6:28 pm

mickccm wrote:

hihi, hah its so exciting since i cant go, so i hope i can find out more. Congrats on getting thru to e 2nd round. so when will u know e results to e one-to-one interview? *pray* im sure u did great, gave ur best! :) neway, how was e 1st round, did e interviewers ask alot of qns? what did u have to do & how was e experience?

mickccm

Post by mickccm » Sat, 01 Jul 2006 6:36 pm

hey... yup i got thru to the 3rd round.. but i am quite stress.. scared later cannot pass..

btw.. just in case u might think that i am a girl... i have to clarify that i am a guy..

during the first round.. the grp interview... ther were 3 interviewers... after u have gone in and sat down... one of them will intro and tell u wat you have to do in the interview... the other 2 is mainly there to observe coz i din hear them speak..

all we were required to do was stand up when our name is called... self-intro... then say why we want to be a cabin crew...

after everyone has done... wait for result outside lor..

as for the second interview(1 on 1)... mainly u are to sell urself to the interviewer lor... and read abt the articles in the news abt SIA.. know wat is going on in SIA wat is happening.. then at the end of it.. we are to read a passage out loud.. after that, he will ask u to flip passage over and ask u wat the passage is trying to tell u... be calm don read blindly..

i was really nervous during the grp interview... i think it was because the others who presented themselves were very good with their 'presentation' and the points they said were also what i was going to say... and since i was the last to present..i felt as if i was repeating wat the others had said.. but the main thing is, know what u wan to say.. even if others say the same things... it doesn't matter.. be natural..

ms cheerful

Post by ms cheerful » Sat, 01 Jul 2006 6:48 pm

[quote="mickccm"]hey... yup i got thru to the 3rd round.. but i am quite stress.. scared later cannot pass..

btw.. just in case u might think that i am a girl... i have to clarify that i am a guy..

during the first round.. the grp interview... ther were 3 interviewers... after u have gone in and sat down... one of them will intro and tell u wat you have to do in the interview... the other 2 is mainly there to observe coz i din hear them speak..

all we were required to do was stand up when our name is called... self-intro... then say why we want to be a cabin crew...

after everyone has done... wait for result outside lor..

as for the second interview(1 on 1)... mainly u are to sell urself to the interviewer lor... and read abt the articles in the news abt SIA.. know wat is going on in SIA wat is happening.. then at the end of it.. we are to read a passage out loud.. after that, he will ask u to flip passage over and ask u wat the passage is trying to tell u... be calm don read blindly..

i was really nervous during the grp interview... i think it was because the others who presented themselves were very good with their 'presentation' and the points they said were also what i was going to say... and since i was the last to present..i felt as if i was repeating wat the others had said.. but the main thing is, know what u wan to say.. even if others say the same things... it doesn't matter.. be natural..[/quote

First, i'll like to say a BIG congrats to u!!

Wow... it's seems that the 2nd round is kind of difficult.
It's like having an oral exam. So when u have to report for the 3rd round? Is it at another location?

sana
Regular
Regular

Post by sana » Sat, 01 Jul 2006 6:48 pm

thx mickccm for your info and congrats!

mickccm

Post by mickccm » Sat, 01 Jul 2006 6:59 pm

First, i'll like to say a BIG congrats to u!!

Wow... it's seems that the 2nd round is kind of difficult.
It's like having an oral exam. So when u have to report for the 3rd round? Is it at another location?[/quote]

hey.. thanks for the congrats.. but i think abit early ahhaha.. coz i still have a long way to go...

actually for the second round, personally, i feel that u just have to be confident and tell him wat u know and think lor.. let him/her know that u are the one for the company.. give it some thought.. think of ur good point and wat would the company benefit from employing u... don worry too much... YOU CAN DO IT!!

and for the 3rd round.. it's the water confidence test.. it's at SIA training centre... in the east.. my date is on the 13th july...

mickccm

Post by mickccm » Sat, 01 Jul 2006 7:02 pm

sana wrote:thx mickccm for your info and congrats!
no prob.. i understand how u feel.. coz when i came here last time.. i was also at a lost and asked a few qns...

ms cheerful

Post by ms cheerful » Sat, 01 Jul 2006 7:14 pm

Haha.... thx for the " YOU CAN DO IT!!" Anyway from the way u write, i'm sure u gonna make it to an air-steward! hee.....

All the best to u and thank you so much for all the info u've given! Really appreciated it.

sass&bide

Post by sass&bide » Sun, 02 Jul 2006 12:05 am

Any1 else went today? How's the process like? Fill up application form, submit ur certs & documents? Do they check your papers before u fill up the form or?
I read somewhere a gal with 3 O's & ITE passed all rounds including medical checkup but still didn't get selected. If they had screened through beforehand, it would have saved her hanging on false hope.. :-|
I walk this empty street
On the boulevard of broken dreams
When the city sleeps and I’m the only one
And I walk alone..

nornatalia08

Post by nornatalia08 » Mon, 03 Jul 2006 3:23 pm

hello everyone,

i went on 1st july , my next one is on thurs 6th july ... anyone got the same date? i believe some of you got the 13th july ...so lucky... got time to prepare..

nornatalia08

Post by nornatalia08 » Mon, 03 Jul 2006 3:34 pm

ouh yah anybody knows what they are looking out for in the water confidence test round?
on the paper in states that only if we get thru the water confidence test then can proceed to the next round.
h e l p!