Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
wendy_11

Post by wendy_11 » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 8:10 pm

Matt10 wrote:I think the minimum age for SIA is 18. Remember Farzana, the SQ006 stewardess who survived? She joined at the age of 18. And you wendy, you will be 19 year-old next year. But if you apply this weekend, i dont think SIA will accept you and i suggest you concentrate on your A levels first although you have no plans for University.

After you are done with your A levels(in the process of waiting for results), you can apply for SIA. SIA take in applicants who are waiting for their A level results or soon receiving their polytechnic diplomas.

I wish you the best Wendy! :D
opps :lol: hehe. what abt e SQ006 stewardess? icic, thx for ur advice. was rather enthusiastic abt gng for e interview, but been getting a no. of negative feedback e last few days, so ya, pondering.. btw u know of ppl who got into SIA while waiting for their results? den w/o e certs how do they judge if u fit their criteria in terms of qualifications? will they turn u away ltr if they find out u dont? =| hee do u think they'll hold another interview end of this year in dec or beginning of nxt? oh & how do u know all these, do u wk in e airline? :)

bachelorette

Post by bachelorette » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:14 pm

[quote="gliny"]Thank you Plavt. For you kind advice. Very much appreciated. Thank you bachelorette too, u've been a great help too.

*cheers*[/quote]

Heh girl, no problem. I ll be of any help u need. :wink:

bachelorette

Re: dilemma

Post by bachelorette » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:20 pm

[quote="wendy_11"][quote="bachelorette"][quote="wendy_11"][quote="bachelorette"][quote="twinkk"]Hi, i'm into my final year of studies this coming academic year, means i'll only graduate next year...
Would like to ask anyone who might know, that whether i can go for the interview??

And also, for girls, how shud we dress for the interview? :-|

thanX! :D[/quote]

Most likely i think u shd forget abt gg for the interview. They would not want u to disrupt ur studies, anyway u have one more year to go.. why the rush..they would not consider u cos they want ppl who can start their training immediately.

You can try gg for the interview for experience but be prepared if they reject u. :-|[/quote]

hi, im new here too & have been readin a no. of posts :) have a no. of qns though, thx in advance to those who can help! i've wanted to be a FA for rather long but im only finishing my JC this year, only 18 :cry: does SIA have a min. age limit? i've read tt this is e 3rd time SIA is conductin interviews for FA in e last 6mths is this true? are all e 3times conducted here in SG? Im not sure abt gng to uni, but think my qualifications will put me at a disadvantage compared to others who're older. Does anyone know when's e nxt interview or how long it'll normally take b4 they conduct e nxt, usually ard which mths? :? hee tt muz have been alot! i sent in an enquiry to SIA 2days ago but they have yet to reply :( really need ans to decide, thx![/quote]

Well no harm givin a try wendy. Just gain an experience how u fare in the interview. Usually it takes more than 1 try to get in SIA.

Its hard to gauge when their next recruitment will be because they are gona have already 3 recruitments in 6 mths.

I think i have mentioned before in the forum, SIA wont be too keen to recruit students. Especially when they sort of in need of ppl for the new planes.

Concentrate on ur A levels first i would advice. :wink:[/quote]

oic :-| hmmm it seriously takes more than a try to get into SIA? wow >< but im afraid tt having gone for e interview b4 will put me at a disadvantage nxt time, like when they asked if u've been to interviews b4; also e probability of being rejected is high- nt tt im particularly worried abt tt- & im still studying so alot of restrictions i guess. sighs. ic, so ard wads e longest waiting time anybody heard of b4 SIA holds their nxt interview? like 6mths? btw does anyone know if SIA offers like 2year programmes where ure like trained as an FA & studying at e same time? hee thx! btw bachelorette, are u wking in SIA by any chance? thx for ur help![/quote]

Hi gal i just pm u :wink:

smilez

Re: Who Will be Going for the Walk In???

Post by smilez » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:47 am

nana07 wrote:
smilez wrote:Any gAls going for the walk In? Shld go on Sat or Sun? I bet the no. of ppl there will be lots... :D Anyone wanna go together???
hey.. wanna go together? im going on sunday as i;ve got work on sat.!
any other gals going on sunday?
I thinking of going on Saturday leh...

sana
Regular
Regular

Post by sana » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:39 am

ANyone knows usually how long does the whole process (interviews, 2nd interviews till all the tests are done) takes ? 1 mth ?

Smilez
I still tinking want to go or not....
and Saturday i cant, my collegue got wedding..

gliny
Regular
Regular

Post by gliny » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:48 am

bachelorette wrote:
gliny wrote:Thank you Plavt. For you kind advice. Very much appreciated. Thank you bachelorette too, u've been a great help too.

*cheers*
Heh girl, no problem. I ll be of any help u need. :wink:

haha, i'm a man my dear. gliny is just my full name linked into one.lin is my surname.

Greenlife
Regular
Regular

calling SIA cabin crew wanna be

Post by Greenlife » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 1:30 pm

Dear guys,

anyone going tomorrow SIA cabin crew walk in interview and I'm looking guys go together...

Greenlife

bachelorette

Post by bachelorette » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 2:24 pm

[quote="gliny"][quote="bachelorette"][quote="gliny"]Thank you Plavt. For you kind advice. Very much appreciated. Thank you bachelorette too, u've been a great help too.

*cheers*[/quote]

Heh girl, no problem. I ll be of any help u need. :wink:[/quote]

haha, i'm a man my dear. gliny is just my full name linked into one.lin is my surname.[/quote]

oppsy, very sorry abt it. :oops:

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 2:44 pm

wendy_11 wrote:
Matt10 wrote:I think the minimum age for SIA is 18. Remember Farzana, the SQ006 stewardess who survived? She joined at the age of 18. And you wendy, you will be 19 year-old next year. But if you apply this weekend, i dont think SIA will accept you and i suggest you concentrate on your A levels first although you have no plans for University.

After you are done with your A levels(in the process of waiting for results), you can apply for SIA. SIA take in applicants who are waiting for their A level results or soon receiving their polytechnic diplomas.

opps :lol: hehe. what abt e SQ006 stewardess? icic, thx for ur advice. was rather enthusiastic abt gng for e interview, but been getting a no. of negative feedback e last few days, so ya, pondering.. btw u know of ppl who got into SIA while waiting for their results? den w/o e certs how do they judge if u fit their criteria in terms of qualifications? will they turn u away ltr if they find out u dont? =| hee do u think they'll hold another interview end of this year in dec or beginning of nxt? oh & how do u know all these, do u wk in e airline? :)
No, i am not a cabin crew yet. :D I know this some from people i know and i remember last year, SIA was looking for cabin crew and it mentioned that those who are waiting for the A level results and receiving Poly diploma can apply. But you definitely have to prove it by showing your report book or something.

Regarding the SQ006 girl, i only want to tell you that she joined SIA at the age of 18. Means 18 year-old applicants are accepted.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 3:26 pm

Hi,

Do you know SIA contact number which i can call them up and ask them some queries? Cuz i have question need to ask them. Its better to ask them and clear my doubts also. Thank you!
Matt10 wrote:
wendy_11 wrote:

No, i am not a cabin crew yet. :D I know this some from people i know and i remember last year, SIA was looking for cabin crew and it mentioned that those who are waiting for the A level results and receiving Poly diploma can apply. But you definitely have to prove it by showing your report book or something.

Regarding the SQ006 girl, i only want to tell you that she joined SIA at the age of 18. Means 18 year-old applicants are accepted.

smilez

Post by smilez » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 7:05 pm

To NANA07 who pm me.. sorry.. me very newbie in this forum.. can't even send out a msg...

i think i'm going tml.. just for the fun of it.. iF u never try u will never know whether u have the chance anot...

If u wanna go do let me know.. drop me an email anyone..

[email protected]

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 7:09 pm

Once again you need 5 posts before the PM function will work, this is to stop spammers.

Plavt.

nana07
Regular
Regular

Post by nana07 » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 7:25 pm

hi smilez. have sent u a mail already

gliny
Regular
Regular

Post by gliny » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 9:08 pm

bachelorette wrote:
gliny wrote:
bachelorette wrote: Heh girl, no problem. I ll be of any help u need. :wink:

haha, i'm a man my dear. gliny is just my full name linked into one.lin is my surname.
oppsy, very sorry abt it. :oops:
Apologies accepted. :)

gliny
Regular
Regular

Post by gliny » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 9:09 pm

I guess quite a number of you ladies n gentlemen will be at the sat n sun walk in. Just wish all of you the best of luck and may you be what they are looking for. Cheers~