Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
eve6
Regular
Regular

Post by eve6 » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:52 pm

if im not wrong the min age limit for SIA is 18yrs.

wendy_11

Post by wendy_11 » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 1:19 pm

hey miaka & eve, thx! umm but e thing is i might nt, 'A'-levels end of this year, my current results dun look v.promising... im kinda at a lost of wad to do if i dun qualify for uni. if i get in, prob study hospi&tourism or biz, if i dun, mayb go poly study hospi. tts why was wonderin if they take 18years of age, but i only worked a couple of mths at Popular b4, think will lose out by leaps to others, even though i'll willingly learn & pick up skills needed as FA.. sighs.. thx again though :) oh btw do u guys know wads e max age u can stay as an FA, like will they kick u out once ure old or smth? (hah i guess nt right, this is a major corporation)

bachelorette

Re: dilemma

Post by bachelorette » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 1:40 pm

wendy_11 wrote:
bachelorette wrote:
twinkk wrote:Hi, i'm into my final year of studies this coming academic year, means i'll only graduate next year...
Would like to ask anyone who might know, that whether i can go for the interview??

And also, for girls, how shud we dress for the interview? :-|

thanX! :D
Most likely i think u shd forget abt gg for the interview. They would not want u to disrupt ur studies, anyway u have one more year to go.. why the rush..they would not consider u cos they want ppl who can start their training immediately.

You can try gg for the interview for experience but be prepared if they reject u. :-|
hi, im new here too & have been readin a no. of posts :) have a no. of qns though, thx in advance to those who can help! i've wanted to be a FA for rather long but im only finishing my JC this year, only 18 :cry: does SIA have a min. age limit? i've read tt this is e 3rd time SIA is conductin interviews for FA in e last 6mths is this true? are all e 3times conducted here in SG? Im not sure abt gng to uni, but think my qualifications will put me at a disadvantage compared to others who're older. Does anyone know when's e nxt interview or how long it'll normally take b4 they conduct e nxt, usually ard which mths? :? hee tt muz have been alot! i sent in an enquiry to SIA 2days ago but they have yet to reply :( really need ans to decide, thx!

Well no harm givin a try wendy. Just gain an experience how u fare in the interview. Usually it takes more than 1 try to get in SIA.

Its hard to gauge when their next recruitment will be because they are gona have already 3 recruitments in 6 mths.

I think i have mentioned before in the forum, SIA wont be too keen to recruit students. Especially when they sort of in need of ppl for the new planes.

Concentrate on ur A levels first i would advice. :wink:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 1:43 pm

bachelorette wrote:
Yes there was a mention abt ppl wit tattoos can qualify, but it was under tiger airways if i was not wrong. For SIA , i do not think there is a high chance being selected if u got a tattoo. :-|
Use some common sense will you? Not only is Tiger Airways founded by SIA,
if a tattoo cannot be seen when in uniform what will it matter? Bye the way the stewardess I referred to was in actual fact referring to aircrew on both.

Plavt.

bachelorette

Post by bachelorette » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 1:51 pm

Plavt wrote:
bachelorette wrote:
Yes there was a mention abt ppl wit tattoos can qualify, but it was under tiger airways if i was not wrong. For SIA , i do not think there is a high chance being selected if u got a tattoo. :-|
Use some common sense will you? Not only is Tiger Airways founded by SIA,
if a tattoo cannot be seen when in uniform what will it matter? Bye the way the stewardess I referred to was in actual fact referring to aircrew on both.

Plavt.
well i guess thats up to the interviewer to decide.
:wink:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 1:56 pm

bachelorette wrote: well i guess thats up to the interviewer to decide.
:wink:
No, if other cabin crew members have them they are irrelevant it is only if they are visible in uniform would they cause rejection.

Plavt.

Ps: Try asking Queeni-me she trained alongside SIA cabin crew.

bachelorette

Post by bachelorette » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 1:58 pm

[quote="Plavt"][quote="bachelorette"]
well i guess thats up to the interviewer to decide.
:wink:[/quote]

No, if other cabin crew members have them they are [b]irrelevant[/b] it is only if they are [b]visible in uniform[/b] would they cause rejection.

Plavt.

Ps: Try asking Queeni-me she trained alongside SIA cabin crew.[/quote]

Oh issit ? then its something new i learnt :D

Thanks for the advice :wink:

smilez

Who Will be Going for the Walk In???

Post by smilez » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 4:23 pm

Any gAls going for the walk In? Shld go on Sat or Sun? I bet the no. of ppl there will be lots... :D Anyone wanna go together???

gliny
Regular
Regular

Post by gliny » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 5:12 pm

Thank you Plavt. For you kind advice. Very much appreciated. Thank you bachelorette too, u've been a great help too.

*cheers*

nana07
Regular
Regular

Re: Who Will be Going for the Walk In???

Post by nana07 » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 9:07 pm

smilez wrote:Any gAls going for the walk In? Shld go on Sat or Sun? I bet the no. of ppl there will be lots... :D Anyone wanna go together???
hey.. wanna go together? im going on sunday as i;ve got work on sat.!
any other gals going on sunday?

ssszeee

confirmation?

Post by ssszeee » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 3:23 pm

I am an oversea canidate, I had gone through all round interviews, after the body check, how long i have to wait for the contract call? Isn't that I have to wait the body result together with the successfulness of the working permit regislation?

Usually after body check, how long I have to wait? We have to go through another body check in singapore, so we will sign contract in singapore after going through the further body check or sign it in prior?

How 's the commencement of the training date? when will I know? I sincerely hope boardmates could solve me enquiries. I am looking forward for that.

baseball0904

Post by baseball0904 » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 3:31 pm

Is the employment for FA held at a certain date for a certain country?

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 4:07 pm

baseball0904 wrote:Is the employment for FA held at a certain date for a certain country?
nope, they do not have fixed dates, and mostly recruitment is done in Malaysia and Singapore. You can always check out SIA's website for recruitment information
"City of Ang3Ls"

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 4:50 pm

I think the minimum age for SIA is 18. Remember Farzana, the SQ006 stewardess who survived? She joined at the age of 18. And you wendy, you will be 19 year-old next year. But if you apply this weekend, i dont think SIA will accept you and i suggest you concentrate on your A levels first although you have no plans for University.

After you are done with your A levels(in the process of waiting for results), you can apply for SIA. SIA take in applicants who are waiting for their A level results or soon receiving their polytechnic diplomas.

I wish you the best Wendy! :D

wendy_11

Re: dilemma

Post by wendy_11 » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 8:02 pm

bachelorette wrote:
wendy_11 wrote:
bachelorette wrote: Most likely i think u shd forget abt gg for the interview. They would not want u to disrupt ur studies, anyway u have one more year to go.. why the rush..they would not consider u cos they want ppl who can start their training immediately.

You can try gg for the interview for experience but be prepared if they reject u. :-|
hi, im new here too & have been readin a no. of posts :) have a no. of qns though, thx in advance to those who can help! i've wanted to be a FA for rather long but im only finishing my JC this year, only 18 :cry: does SIA have a min. age limit? i've read tt this is e 3rd time SIA is conductin interviews for FA in e last 6mths is this true? are all e 3times conducted here in SG? Im not sure abt gng to uni, but think my qualifications will put me at a disadvantage compared to others who're older. Does anyone know when's e nxt interview or how long it'll normally take b4 they conduct e nxt, usually ard which mths? :? hee tt muz have been alot! i sent in an enquiry to SIA 2days ago but they have yet to reply :( really need ans to decide, thx!

Well no harm givin a try wendy. Just gain an experience how u fare in the interview. Usually it takes more than 1 try to get in SIA.

Its hard to gauge when their next recruitment will be because they are gona have already 3 recruitments in 6 mths.

I think i have mentioned before in the forum, SIA wont be too keen to recruit students. Especially when they sort of in need of ppl for the new planes.

Concentrate on ur A levels first i would advice. :wink:
oic :-| hmmm it seriously takes more than a try to get into SIA? wow >< but im afraid tt having gone for e interview b4 will put me at a disadvantage nxt time, like when they asked if u've been to interviews b4; also e probability of being rejected is high- nt tt im particularly worried abt tt- & im still studying so alot of restrictions i guess. sighs. ic, so ard wads e longest waiting time anybody heard of b4 SIA holds their nxt interview? like 6mths? btw does anyone know if SIA offers like 2year programmes where ure like trained as an FA & studying at e same time? hee thx! btw bachelorette, are u wking in SIA by any chance? thx for ur help!