Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
voxvox

Post by voxvox » Tue, 27 Jun 2006 4:34 pm

Eunice_83 wrote:Can anyone advise on the dress code for girls on the SIA interview coming this weekend?? One more thing, for the swim test, is life jacket provided? I'm not really that good in swim,in fact i cant swim even 10m..
Hi eunice,

yes, a life jacket will be provided. please do not worry too much.
good luck everyone. :D

Eunice_83

Post by Eunice_83 » Tue, 27 Jun 2006 5:05 pm

Thanks everyone here for their quick response! I want to give it a try nevertheless... Gd luck to everyone here too.. :)

mickccm

Post by mickccm » Tue, 27 Jun 2006 6:56 pm

hi guys, i am a 23 guy... finishing my NS soon..

i am actually quite interested in going for the interview this weekend.. but i am actually quite worried as i am afraid that i might make a fool of myself..

does anyone know how this sat's recruitment will be like? for guys wat do we have to wear?? will a shirt and pants do??

i am like a headless fly.. donno wat to do actually.. can someone help mi out a little here?? btw, anyone going this sat??

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:01 pm

dress as like you're going for a job interview. do not overdress with a blazer.
If you read the previous posts from a long time ago, it will help you alot because your question has been asked alot of times. do check out other threads as well.
good luck in your interview
"City of Ang3Ls"

gliny
Regular
Regular

Post by gliny » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:22 am

Hi. I'm 24. I have o'levels qualifications and more then 5 yrs of job experience. I am completing my diploma by end of this year as i am now in my graduation project stage. I have a question regarding tattoos for the senior crews in this forum. I do have a tattoo on the back of my body. It is a tattoo of a cross actually. Nothing to do with gangs and stuffs. Will that affect me in the selections for male stewards? Pls advise.
Thanks

benedictz

Post by benedictz » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:29 am

same as mickccm

headless fly dunnoe wat to do, any 1 going this sat / sun, care to flourish more information here?

bachelorette

Post by bachelorette » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 7:02 am

gliny wrote:Hi. I'm 24. I have o'levels qualifications and more then 5 yrs of job experience. I am completing my diploma by end of this year as i am now in my graduation project stage. I have a question regarding tattoos for the senior crews in this forum. I do have a tattoo on the back of my body. It is a tattoo of a cross actually. Nothing to do with gangs and stuffs. Will that affect me in the selections for male stewards? Pls advise.
Thanks
SIA is very particular abt tattoos. They will see it ..that is if u r in the swimming round.

As long it is a tattoo, i doubt they will accept it.. :-|

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 7:32 am

bachelorette wrote:
gliny wrote:Hi. I'm 24. I have o'levels qualifications and more then 5 yrs of job experience. I am completing my diploma by end of this year as i am now in my graduation project stage. I have a question regarding tattoos for the senior crews in this forum. I do have a tattoo on the back of my body. It is a tattoo of a cross actually. Nothing to do with gangs and stuffs. Will that affect me in the selections for male stewards? Pls advise.
Thanks
SIA is very particular abt tattoos. They will see it ..that is if u r in the swimming round.

The tattoo is on his back and will be covered by the uniform and therefore will not matter. According to a stewardess who posts on this forum a lot of the crew have tattoos on their backs!

Plavt.

Greenlife
Regular
Regular

SIA walk in interview

Post by Greenlife » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 8:52 am

hi all,
can anyone clear my doubt for SIA walk in interview?
I failed on first round self intro on Feb this year. Do not know what's the reason.
I m thinking to try again on this coming weekend interview but I have some concern that may need you guys to help me..
I have dark circle under my eye. Will they accept this ? :???:

I m 27 years old, can I apply for flight steward in SIA?
Thanks

Greenlife

voxvox

Re: SIA walk in interview

Post by voxvox » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 10:13 am

Greenlife wrote:hi all,
can anyone clear my doubt for SIA walk in interview?
I failed on first round self intro on Feb this year. Do not know what's the reason.
I m thinking to try again on this coming weekend interview but I have some concern that may need you guys to help me..
I have dark circle under my eye. Will they accept this ? :???:

I m 27 years old, can I apply for flight steward in SIA?
Thanks

Greenlife
Hi Greenlife,

You can wear some concealer/ heavy makeup to cover up your dark circles. As for age, i have a friend who just got in. She is ard 27 turning 28. So i believe age is not a factor at all.

Good luck. :D

twinkk

Post by twinkk » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 10:25 am

Hi, i'm into my final year of studies this coming academic year, means i'll only graduate next year...
Would like to ask anyone who might know, that whether i can go for the interview??

And also, for girls, how shud we dress for the interview? :-|

thanX! :D

bachelorette

Post by bachelorette » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:01 am

Plavt wrote:
bachelorette wrote:
Thanks

The tattoo is on his back and will be covered by the uniform and therefore will not matter. According to a stewardess who posts on this forum a lot of the crew have tattoos on their backs!

Plavt.

Yes there was a mention abt ppl wit tattoos can qualify, but it was under tiger airways if i was not wrong.

For SIA , i do not think there is a high chance being selected if u got a tattoo. :-|

bachelorette

Post by bachelorette » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:05 am

twinkk wrote:Hi, i'm into my final year of studies this coming academic year, means i'll only graduate next year...
Would like to ask anyone who might know, that whether i can go for the interview??

Most likely i think u shd forget abt gg for the interview. They would not want u to disrupt ur studies, anyway u have one more year to go.. why the rush..they would not consider u cos they want ppl who can start their training immediately.

You can try gg for the interview for experience but be prepared if they reject u. :-|

wendy_11

dilemma

Post by wendy_11 » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:44 am

bachelorette wrote:
twinkk wrote:Hi, i'm into my final year of studies this coming academic year, means i'll only graduate next year...

Most likely i think u shd forget abt gg for the interview. They would not want u to disrupt ur studies, anyway u have one more year to go.. why the rush..they would not consider u cos they want ppl who can start their training immediately.

You can try gg for the interview for experience but be prepared if they reject u. :-|
hi, im new here too & have been readin a no. of posts :) have a no. of qns though, thx in advance to those who can help! i've wanted to be a FA for rather long but im only finishing my JC this year, only 18 :cry: does SIA have a min. age limit? i've read tt this is e 3rd time SIA is conductin interviews for FA in e last 6mths is this true? are all e 3times conducted here in SG? Im not sure abt gng to uni, but think my qualifications will put me at a disadvantage compared to others who're older. Does anyone know when's e nxt interview or how long it'll normally take b4 they conduct e nxt, usually ard which mths? :? hee tt muz have been alot! i sent in an enquiry to SIA 2days ago but they have yet to reply :( really need ans to decide, thx!

miaka29

Post by miaka29 » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:15 pm

Wendy_11, you are still so young and if u have the chance to go uni i think u shd complete your studies. By the time you grad from uni, you are still young to be FA.