Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Post by Guest » Sat, 10 Jun 2006 4:45 am

Sheryl wrote:Hi,

Bad News! Dream bubble burst!! i got booted out!! :???: Didn't get to know the reasons, but they took quite some time to discuss in the room before coming to decision.

Anyway, have to start from round one from now. Think can form a legion with Oceanmist, Chessie and Redapple for the next recruitment. 8-)

Thanks everyone for the past few weeks for the tips and advices, especially Plavt, sq_boy and biscotti_girl. Really really appreciated it!! :D Its been a wild and tiring experience. Got to know myself better and get to know fellow dream fighters cum buddies here. :wink:

For those going to Silkair Interview, Good luck!!

For me, i gonna rejuvenate, recharge, and transport back to reality asap.
Hey Sheryl,

Don't be so upset okay! Since they took quite some time to discuss, it means they were seriously thinking about letting you pass, otherwise they won't even bother to waste so much time right?

Told you to eat more already, remember to stuff your face with food everyday!

Now I don't care, you'll have to go to the next interview with me! I'm forming the thick-skinned gang (try until even the security guard at STC can recognize my face), who's keen??? *hehe... TSG Corp.*

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Sat, 10 Jun 2006 4:49 am

opps... sorry ppl i forgot to login.

It's me as above! *Waves!*

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sat, 10 Jun 2006 12:35 pm

hiro wrote:Got this from another forum, dunno if it is true...

hmmm... i am just guessing that the next recruitment will be email thingy cos the recent one in malaysia was thru email. so i suppose the next one in sg will be email too.

and maybe cos now they might not be in need to cabin crews ba... since they already recruited a lot of crews from the feb and april walk-in.
and now that MAS is retrenching a lot a lot of cabin crews, and SIA loves malaysians as their cabin crews, plus the crew from MAS will have experiences as stewardess, i guess during this recent recruitment in malaysia, SIA would take in a lot more crews than usual..

that is just my personal opinion la... no offences to anyone. of course i hope that SIA will do the recruitment in sg soon, but i guess it will be in july ba...
they always need cabin crews because alot retire every year. there is so such thing as enough. FS have a high turnover rate. As for MAS, their qualification is way lower than whats offered by SIA so I doubt many will be taken in. there is curently a recruitment going on in malaysia at the moment. And as for the retrenched group of MAS, 1000 is absorbed by emirates and another 1000 crews will be taken in by AirAsia, a local malaysian budget airline. we should look forward to the opening of singapores new terminal instead
"City of Ang3Ls"

miss_phy

Post by miss_phy » Mon, 12 Jun 2006 2:12 am

Anyone has the telephone number for the Cabin Crew Division for SQ? It doesn't seem to be listed anywhere.

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Mon, 12 Jun 2006 1:20 pm

miss_phy wrote:Anyone has the telephone number for the Cabin Crew Division for SQ? It doesn't seem to be listed anywhere.
Hi Miss_phy,

try 65498041. hopr this helps

regards

ginger-girl

silkair

Post by ginger-girl » Mon, 12 Jun 2006 4:24 pm

Anonymous wrote:hey ginger!!
did u go for the silkair interview?
how is it like?
ouh, im lulu
hi..

I didnt go for the interview. sorry can't help you with the information u want. :(

miss_phy

Post by miss_phy » Mon, 12 Jun 2006 8:04 pm

oceanmist wrote:
miss_phy wrote:Anyone has the telephone number for the Cabin Crew Division for SQ? It doesn't seem to be listed anywhere.
Hi Miss_phy,

try 65498041. hopr this helps

regards

Thanks Oceanmist

No one picks up at this number though. Any alternatives?

finicky

Post by finicky » Wed, 14 Jun 2006 3:58 am

i have freckles on my face.. do i still stand a chance? and are taller girls at an advantage? say 1.7 and above?

redapple

Post by redapple » Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:05 am

hmm, so long make up can do the wonder... and wat they are looking for is not only looks... :)
finicky wrote:i have freckles on my face.. do i still stand a chance? and are taller girls at an advantage? say 1.7 and above?

redapple

next intake? any idea which mth?

Post by redapple » Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:07 am

hihi guys,

hmm, anybody knows when is the next intake or "pattern" of recruitment of a year?

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Wed, 14 Jun 2006 5:17 pm

finicky wrote:i have freckles on my face.. do i still stand a chance? and are taller girls at an advantage? say 1.7 and above?
not that i'm trying to let you down but i've never seen SQ girls with freckles
"City of Ang3Ls"

Cas_Lam

Re: next intake? any idea which mth?

Post by Cas_Lam » Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:06 pm

Hi,

Heard from my fren who's with SQ that they recruit every month... She told me to check the website... Any one got more infor? Btw they looking for o level or a level?

hmm, anybody knows when is the next intake or "pattern" of recruitment of a year?[/quote]

miss_phy

Re: next intake? any idea which mth?

Post by miss_phy » Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:07 pm

Cas_Lam wrote:Hi,

Heard from my fren who's with SQ that they recruit every month... She told me to check the website... Any one got more infor? Btw they looking for o level or a level?

hmm, anybody knows when is the next intake or "pattern" of recruitment of a year?
[/quote]

As far as I know, they've been holding walk-in interviews every 2 months.
As for whether they are looking for A or O levels, the job description requires A levels but some people say they do take O levels as long as you have a few years of working experience in some relevant industry.
Perhaps someone else could answer your query better.

ebony_tear17

Post by ebony_tear17 » Thu, 15 Jun 2006 2:13 pm

anyone knows when is SIA or Emirates recruiting again? if so,mind posting the details here.Thanks a whole bunch :)

and to any present cabin crew members,on behalf of everyone here i'd like to thank u peeps 4 all the tips u haf given us!

but we could do with more encouragment n even more tips!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 15 Jun 2006 3:13 pm

ebony_tear17 wrote:anyone knows when is SIA or Emirates recruiting again?
You only need look at their respective websites for this information and that would be the best course.

Plavt.