Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 3:46 pm

1 question that answer is not available in this forum: What is the difference between an applicant with the recommendation of a crew (say a CS) and an applicant who applied through open application (like open days)? What is the procedure difference?
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Post by Guest » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 4:16 pm

hey ginger!!
did u go for the silkair interview?
how is it like?

Post by Guest » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 4:20 pm

hey ginger!!
did u go for the silkair interview?
how is it like?
ouh, im lulu

crystalballlllll

Post by crystalballlllll » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 4:30 pm

hey can i ask a question? does a flight attendent have to have fair skin? because of all the flight attendents i see usually have fair skin, and anyone know any tricks for keeping flawless skin?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 4:45 pm

crystalballlllll wrote:hey can i ask a question? does a flight attendent have to have fair skin?because of all the flight attendents i see usually have fair skin , and anyone know any tricks for keeping flawless skin?

Looks like you have answered your own question unless when you say usually you mean you see some that haven't.

Plavt.

Post by Guest » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 5:00 pm

hey ya'll!!
i got an email interview for emirate on 8th jul.
acn anyone tell me hows the interview like?

lulu[/b]

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 5:44 pm

crystalballlllll wrote:hey can i ask a question? does a flight attendent have to have fair skin? because of all the flight attendents i see usually have fair skin, and anyone know any tricks for keeping flawless skin?
fair?? nope. don't have too. Some malay or Indians flight attendant are not fair. Flawless? Nope. No one is flawless unless it's on TV. The secret is make-up! ;)

Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheesie » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 9:27 pm

Sheryl wrote:Hi,

Bad News! Dream bubble burst!! i got booted out!! :???: Didn't get to know the reasons, but they took quite some time to discuss in the room before coming to decision.

Anyway, have to start from round one from now. Think can form a legion with Oceanmist, Chessie and Redapple for the next recruitment. 8-)

Thanks everyone for the past few weeks for the tips and advices, especially Plavt, sq_boy and biscotti_girl. Really really appreciated it!! :D Its been a wild and tiring experience. Got to know myself better and get to know fellow dream fighters cum buddies here. :wink:

For those going to Silkair Interview, Good luck!!

For me, i gonna rejuvenate, recharge, and transport back to reality asap.
Sheryl... So sad! We din Make it... i think i'm gonna skip the next interview! you?

crystalballlllll

Post by crystalballlllll » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 11:24 pm

oh thanks! haha yup i think make-up is a big secret too! as in almost all the chinese i see have fair skin and everything so i wanted to clarify things on skin. yup!

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sat, 10 Jun 2006 12:08 am

crystalballlllll wrote:hey can i ask a question? does a flight attendent have to have fair skin? because of all the flight attendents i see usually have fair skin, and anyone know any tricks for keeping flawless skin?
nope, not necessarily
"City of Ang3Ls"

Xof

Post by Xof » Sat, 10 Jun 2006 2:41 am

Cheesie wrote:
Sheryl wrote:Hi,

Bad News! Dream bubble burst!! i got booted out!! :???: Didn't get to know the reasons, but they took quite some time to discuss in the room before coming to decision.

Anyway, have to start from round one from now. Think can form a legion with Oceanmist, Chessie and Redapple for the next recruitment. 8-)

Thanks everyone for the past few weeks for the tips and advices, especially Plavt, sq_boy and biscotti_girl. Really really appreciated it!! :D Its been a wild and tiring experience. Got to know myself better and get to know fellow dream fighters cum buddies here. :wink:

For those going to Silkair Interview, Good luck!!

For me, i gonna rejuvenate, recharge, and transport back to reality asap.
Sheryl... So sad! We din Make it... i think i'm gonna skip the next interview! you?
Hi Cheesie,

Pls try the next walk-in. Don't give up k.

Xof

rickety

Post by rickety » Sat, 10 Jun 2006 3:05 am

hi, i'm new here. i just wan to know when will the next recruitment be.. anyone have any idea? and i'm 1.75m..is it too tall to be an air stewardess? can someone enlighten me? thanks alot :)

hiro

Post by hiro » Sat, 10 Jun 2006 3:13 am

Got this from another forum, dunno if it is true...

hmmm... i am just guessing that the next recruitment will be email thingy cos the recent one in malaysia was thru email. so i suppose the next one in sg will be email too.

and maybe cos now they might not be in need to cabin crews ba... since they already recruited a lot of crews from the feb and april walk-in.
and now that MAS is retrenching a lot a lot of cabin crews, and SIA loves malaysians as their cabin crews, plus the crew from MAS will have experiences as stewardess, i guess during this recent recruitment in malaysia, SIA would take in a lot more crews than usual..

that is just my personal opinion la... no offences to anyone. of course i hope that SIA will do the recruitment in sg soon, but i guess it will be in july ba...

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 10 Jun 2006 3:34 am

hiro wrote:Got this from another forum, dunno if it is true...

hmmm... i am just guessing that the next recruitment will be email thingy cos the recent one in malaysia was thru email. so i suppose the next one in sg will be email too.

and maybe cos now they might not be in need to cabin crews ba... since they already recruited a lot of crews from the feb and april walk-in.
and now that MAS is retrenching a lot a lot of cabin crews, and SIA loves malaysians as their cabin crews, plus the crew from MAS will have experiences as stewardess, i guess during this recent recruitment in malaysia, SIA would take in a lot more crews than usual..

that is just my personal opinion la... no offences to anyone. of course i hope that SIA will do the recruitment in sg soon, but i guess it will be in july ba...

In a word Rubbish!

Plavt.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Sat, 10 Jun 2006 3:48 am

Somehow I rather agree with Plavt coz if an ex-FSS of SilkAir (a subsidiary of SIA) find it hard to transfer to SIA, how does it make it any easier for ex-crew of MAS (only a codeshare airline with SIA)?
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?