Singapore Expats

SIA air stewardess

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
joeykoh

Post by joeykoh » Wed, 24 May 2006 11:57 pm

Just the other day, i was at the airport, waiting to pick my dad who had just returned from overseas. I saw this lady in SIA uniform, holding her son's son and with a maid behind carrying her luggage. She's old, can tell. Her figure not fantastic, but it's relatively nice for her age. Would she be an executive cabin crew?

also, you mean, in the contract of SIA, there is this clause which states u cannot get pregnant? What happens if u do get pregnant during the bond?

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Thu, 25 May 2006 12:10 am

when you first join SIA you're to sign a contract which states you cannot be pregnant for that particular 21 months bond and 4 months training.
executive cabin crews are not stewards or stewardess. They're in charge more in the management field of a flight such as catering, flight schedules... etc...
"City of Ang3Ls"

joeykoh

Post by joeykoh » Sun, 28 May 2006 9:50 am

blancD wrote:when you first join SIA you're to sign a contract which states you cannot be pregnant for that particular 21 months bond and 4 months training.
executive cabin crews are not stewards or stewardess. They're in charge more in the management field of a flight such as catering, flight schedules... etc...

so, i dun get to fly?? sobsob...

I wanna use the chance to go overseas

anyway, any one knows how much an exe cabin crew is paid?

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sun, 28 May 2006 2:09 pm

joeykoh wrote:
blancD wrote:when you first join SIA you're to sign a contract which states you cannot be pregnant for that particular 21 months bond and 4 months training.

Why you dont get to fly? Anyway, cabin crew executive get to fly too. But not that often.

Post by Guest » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 6:32 am

Matt10 wrote:
joeykoh wrote:

Why you dont get to fly? Anyway, cabin crew executive get to fly too. But not that often.

Hi Matt, CCE DO NOT get to fly at all,since 1st January 2006,that's why there are a couple of CCEs who came back to fly as FA.The "old" stewardess that one forummer saw at the airport is under the flying mother scheme.There are quite a few flying mothers in SQ,some with 2 kids! CCEs are generally not paid very well,despite the minimum of an Honours.......and it's strictly........I repeat.....strictly ground office work!!

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 12:07 pm

Oh no. That is so sad. Hahaha...

Anyway, i seen some SIA cabin crew in grey skirt and jacket. With scarve tied around their neck. Those i seen are 40 plus. So who are they?

They bring lugguge. They have the blue handbag like the other SIA stewardesses. And they really fly because i saw them in the transit area etc.

Post by Guest » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 1:45 pm

Matt10 wrote:Oh no. That is so sad. Hahaha...

Anyway, i seen some SIA cabin crew in grey skirt and jacket. With scarve tied around their neck. Those i seen are 40 plus. So who are they?

They bring lugguge. They have the blue handbag like the other SIA stewardesses. And they really fly because i saw them in the transit area etc.
They are the Check Training Supervisor(CTS),who are basically Inflight Supervisor(IFS).They apply for the post,which has a tenure of 1.5 to 2 years and they are dual functioned.The fly as well as do ground duties.After their tenure is up,they return as IFS.And I am sure you know,there are both gender of IFS.The ladies wears what you have described and the guys don a light yellow shirt and a different tie,but same pants an jacket.

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 5:51 pm

From what i know, IFS are those who wear purple with golden flowers?

How can I be like those people who do mostly ground jobs but get to fly too?
What are the qualifications? :D

joeykoh

Post by joeykoh » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 6:17 pm

Matt10 wrote:From what i know, IFS are those who wear purple with golden flowers?

i wanna know this too :p

jaz_collections

Post by jaz_collections » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:48 pm

I'm currently looking for SIA stewardess costumes to sell.

:P :P

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 11:55 pm

Matt10 wrote:From what i know, IFS are those who wear purple with golden flowers?

Hi Matt10,
As far as I know, IFS(male) wears grey jacket

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 4:01 am

I'm working at T2 and I meet SQ flights 90% of the time. Female IFS wears brown(looks abit purplish) sarong kebaya. Male IFS wear grey jacket and pants. There are very few female IFS and most of the flights I meet have male IFS. I'm not sure about the the people described above coz I've never come across an SQ cabin crew as described before.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

sfugel

Post by sfugel » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 6:55 am

The Purple Kebaya and Grey Jacket are IFS(Inflight Supervisor) and they work through the ranks from a Flight Stewardess or Steward.They would have to put in a minimum of at least 18 years(on average) to attain the rank.Sorry there are no longer the crew who works on ground and fly at the same time,except for the CTS as described earlier.If anyone of you works in T2,just pay more attention to the Guys in Grey jacket and you might spot a CTS once a while......light yellow shirt with a slightly different shade of tie.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 7:31 am

sfugel wrote:They would have to put in a minimum of at least 18 years(on average) to attain the rank.
Are you quite sure? I remember seeing more than one female IFS, several were in their mid 20's. :o

Plavt.

sfugel

Post by sfugel » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 1:43 pm

Plavt wrote:
sfugel wrote:They would have to put in a minimum of at least 18 years(on average) to attain the rank.
Are you quite sure? I remember seeing more than one female IFS, several were in their mid 20's. :o

Plavt.

Yup,sure.....very sure.I am a SQ crew.An experienced senior SQ crew.I didn't login when I entered the forum,but my nick is 'SFUGEL'.