Singapore Expats

how to find job in singapore ...really...any idea??

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
phantom_brave

how to find job in singapore ...really...any idea??

Post by phantom_brave » Fri, 02 Jun 2006 1:04 am

Hi, i am 33 years old guy from Indonesia. I have been looking forward to find a job in singpore. I have applied for jobs that i found from newspaper in singapore, also from internet. i also send my cv to the head hunter list that i found from this forum. an it has been going for about 2 months. and still no reply. Basically i dont know what else to do. I am still wondering what's wrong.

in Indonesia i work in telecommunnication industry as senior manager in a content provider company

i even follow an advise from my friend to put on my cv a singapore address(which belong to my brother who lives there) and singapore phone number that i carry in indonesia .

i know what i do is seem like firing empty bullet without any certain direction.But i really dont know what else to do.

i heard beside the headhunters, there also some kind of career consultant, that will help you find a job in singapore. basically they meet you, have your cv, you go back to your country, and they will find the job for you, and later when the found the job they will call you to go back to singapore for the interview. some of them work on daily basis payment, some on fixed price, some with percentage from you future salary. anybody know about this?

or anybody have any advise for me to contact the head hunter company in singapore, beside only submit my cv on their website?

or any other advise will be really appreciated on how to find a job in singapore

thks guy

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 6:16 pm

The mobile market in Singapore is much smaller and quieter than the one in Indonesia right now, so If I were you, I would scout for opportunities there instead. Lots of operators starting up and there's a huge demand for capable telco people, both from the local companies and the international ones selling to them. I know one Indon guy who's been to five different companies in three years. He's now at a European company (still in Indonesia) and his salary has at least quadrupled in the process. :shock:
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

lising

Post by lising » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 10:19 pm

Here are some contacts for you. They are all very helpful. They help to get a job and charge the company instead of applicant. Give them a call and also check with them if your CV and expectation meeting the market.

The market is picking up now. Should be fine, not to worry too much.

Jeline Yong
Recruitment Consultant
(Infocomms Division)
BGC-Group Pte Ltd
Prudential Tower
30 Cecil Street
DID : +65 623 22778
Main Line: +65 623 22777
Fax: +65 623 22888
Email : [email protected]

Mabel Prabhu (Ms), CITPM
Senior Business Manager
Shell Infotech Pte Ltd.
152 Beach Road, #28-05,
Gateway East, Singapore 189 721
Hp: 9459 3310 Ph: 6827 9744, Fax: 6295 2567
瓅心

MadMac

Post by MadMac » Sun, 04 Jun 2006 1:47 am

lising wrote:They are all very helpful. They help to get a job and charge the company instead of applicant.
Wow, that's really cool. I'll keep this bunch of headhunters in mind next time I'm hungry :D

For the OP, just an advice, try to skip the headhunters, agents, consultants or whatsoever they call themselves. These guys only try to fill their databases with meat to be sold later. Nothing to gain from. Concentrate on offers directly from companies and try to network. There's plenty of opportunity around. Just skip the bloodsuckers :)

Good luck,
Mac

phantom_brave

Post by phantom_brave » Sun, 04 Jun 2006 2:11 am

thks very much for the contact, i'll try to give a call to them on monday on working hour... i am really grateful for this forum

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Sun, 04 Jun 2006 4:02 am

Generalizations are always dangerous.

Big firms almost always don't advertise direct, buddy. It's via headhunters or depositing one's CV at the website.
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.