Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Fri, 26 May 2006 3:20 pm

queenie-me wrote:hi,
some of my friends told me that SIA drop their requirement to O Level then another friend says to N' level. can somebody help me clarify that? It's kind of weird actually listen to two different people.
If it is dropped to O levels, i believe. But definitely those who can speak foreign language or had customer-contact working experience. However, I don't think they take in N level students. Only SilkAir does.

smilez

Post by smilez » Fri, 26 May 2006 3:28 pm

Hey everyone.. I kinda read this everytime.. but didn't really post up any comments.. but i guess this is one of the best forums.. coz you gals are so willing to share... Congrats to those who managed to pull thru.. for those who didn't.. try Again...

mAybe all those interested shall apply together.. hAha..

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Fri, 26 May 2006 4:09 pm

Matt10 wrote:
some of my friends told me that SIA drop their requirement to O Level then another friend says to N' level. can somebody help me clarify that? It's kind of weird actually listen to two different people.
If it is dropped to O levels, i believe. But definitely those who can speak foreign language or had customer-contact working experience. However, I don't think they take in N level students. Only SilkAir does.
hi Matt10, yup thats what i said to my friend [she's in SQ for ur info.] but she told me that they will drop again. I don't know whether it's true but i know they do take o level but need to have at least 5 years background experience. if i am nt wrg.

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Fri, 26 May 2006 4:17 pm

queenie-me wrote:
Matt10 wrote:
hi Matt10, yup thats what i said to my friend [she's in SQ for ur info.] but she told me that they will drop again. I don't know whether it's true but i know they do take o level but need to have at least 5 years background experience. if i am nt wrg.
Anyway, SIA have not mention the criteria in their website or any recruitment website yet. So i guess we just need to wait.

The 5 years relevant experience is no longer mentioned in SIA recruitment, they only mentioned experience but i doesnt say the number of years. I think 5 years is too long.

Anyway, I think SIA should accept ITE graduates(included that their results are good). I think it is unfair towards them because i am sure there are Normal Techinal and ITE students who want to be a cabin crew too. :D

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sat, 27 May 2006 12:56 am

i think it is hardly that SIA would take in N level. And as for O level, quite a slim chance. . . you can join MAS for that!
"City of Ang3Ls"

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Sat, 27 May 2006 1:22 am

MAS don't even recruit internationally right?
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Sat, 27 May 2006 2:00 am

singaporegrrl wrote:MAS don't even recruit internationally right?
nope. nt unless ur the citizen of malaysia ;)

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sat, 27 May 2006 10:33 am

Does British Airways recruit Singaporean anymore?

redapple

i have important sharings for ya

Post by redapple » Sat, 27 May 2006 11:33 am

Hi Chessie, Congrats...!!:)

well well. now is the time to prepare for the final interview and tea party.

pS, i PM ya. check out yiour inbox.Important.:)
Cheesie wrote:
oceanmist wrote:AiyO Sheryl...

Haha silly girl you must have more confidence in yourself! I tell you your butt's like wOOhOO~ :P in the Kebaya. You passed because you look good so stop doubting yourself lah. Shoo get lost I don't wanna see you next round. I will see you in STC :twisted:

Oh yeah a tip for water confidence test, please roughly estimated how far the end of the pool is. Stop awhile and turn your head to look when you need to. Because I happily swam swam swam and knocked my head at the end of the pool today :???: -0uch-

Also, some ppl got booted out at the water confidence test today. 4 of 'em in fact. I really don't understand, because all of us managed to swim and get thru' with it, and from what I know there shouldn't be any elimination at this stage?

For Kebaya, I got one that fits pretty well but a lil' too long, only BLUE ones are available and they emphasized that we're NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE PICTURES IN KEBAYA. We had to change in this room with few other ppl, and worse still the door kept opening and closing everytime someone finishes her Kebaya test and come in to change. :oops: For skin check, I think it's more about scars, not so much of pigmentation cause that can be covered. And they keep emphasisng on scars also... the moment Miss Lancome wants to check my wrist TWICE I know I'm dead meat... Oh well, I'll go for IPL, Diamond peel, chemical peel, orange peel and whatever peel available~

And Sheryl, good luck and all the best. You must go into STC and pave my way first. Hahaa. Check out the best food stall for me in the canteen (Heard all 'em suck). Not all the beautician's fault I guess she's strict but at least not double standards~ Don't worry, I WILL BE BACK :cool:
SO sad oceanmist, So sad to hear there but No worries, Must try again next time, wanna see you!

Hi Sheryl... Guess both of us need to worry what questions they will ask, what they looking for on the final round liao! kekez.. wanna excahnge msn? PM me! can chat about it! :)

Anyway, Hope can really get in! Cos abit sick of the interviews liao! :(

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Sat, 27 May 2006 1:20 pm

Matt10 wrote:Does British Airways recruit Singaporean anymore?

Anyway, SIA have not mention the criteria in their website or any recruitment website yet. So i guess we just need to wait.

The 5 years relevant experience is no longer mentioned in SIA recruitment, they only mentioned experience but i doesnt say the number of years. I think 5 years is too long.

Anyway, I think SIA should accept ITE graduates(included that their results are good). I think it is unfair towards them because i am sure there are Normal Techinal and ITE students who want to be a cabin crew too.
ermmm... they do recruit Singaporean? I didn't know. ermm.. not too sure about that thou. and yeah, i agree with you that SIA should recruit O's or ITE graduates.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 27 May 2006 2:09 pm

British Airways recruit all nationalities but just how they run their recruitment operations in Singapore (if they have any) I don't know. Where a language is not widely spoken outside a country they sometimes employ natives of that country who were are still resident and keep them on the same route permanently, culture being a factor to. This may not apply to Singapore as English is widely spoken and there are not likely to be the problems that may occur on other routes. An example was London-Korea (dis-continued). Since I live in the UK I may make some enquiries.

Plavt.

lolitaa
Regular
Regular

Post by lolitaa » Sat, 27 May 2006 2:59 pm

has anyone here who went for the april interview gotten their calls to start training?

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sat, 27 May 2006 3:56 pm

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/ge ... in/2031799

some views on the Singapore Girl from people of different nations. Good read
:D
"City of Ang3Ls"

Mikochan

Post by Mikochan » Sun, 28 May 2006 12:00 am

Yes, they do recruit Singaporean. BA held their recruitment last year in Singapore. Thousands went to apply, but sadly only 12 got recruited. Most are ex crews from UA or from JAL. Not sure will they be holding any recruitment soon.

Sheryl

Post by Sheryl » Sun, 28 May 2006 1:06 pm

blancD, thanks for the informative website. Its really a good read.

redapple, are you going for the final interview and tea session also??

Chessie, i'll pm you in awhile. I'm tired of interview as well.. :???: By the way, i heard the dresscode is smart and casual for that day. So have you thought of the clothes to wear?

Oceanmist, before i can pave any way in STC, i must make it there first, which i hope i can. These days have been mind stressing. I wished i can move on with my daily chores. :???: Think really got to relax during this GSS.. Haha, wanna go shopping someday? :lol: