Singapore Expats

Woffles lift-adivse and info requested

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
meemee

Woffles lift-adivse and info requested

Post by meemee » Tue, 16 May 2006 9:50 am

Hi ,

I am 32 yrs and am planning on getting a woffles lift done. Quiet nervous as I read stories about bad contour thread lifts /threads popping out etc.

Did anyone of you have woffles lift or know some one who did it? pls post me any info you know..would appreciate your reply..

Thanks

Editor_CS&B

Woffles lift

Post by Editor_CS&B » Wed, 24 May 2006 12:14 pm

Hi there. My name is Dan, and I'm editor of a cosmetic surgery magazine distributed in Malaysia and Singapore.

I actually interviewed Woffles and wrote a story about the Woffles lift a while back. Have also done a few stories here and there on APTOS. From what I understand, the risks when it comes to these barbed suture procedures (when performed by a skilled and experienced hand, of course) are pretty minimal. There will probably be some bruising at the site of needle entry, along with the requisite recovery pain associated with poking a needle into those tissues (I've heard the pain can be controlled with OTC painkillers, but having never experienced the procedure myself I really don't know for sure).

Bad results, I've heard, are pretty uncommon (again, as long as the procedure is performed by a skilled professional using the right materials) since the doctor can largely see what the results will look like as he or she is doing the procedure. With the Woffles lift in particular, since the threads are actually being used to suspend tissues rather than just encourage the formation of collagen, the doctor should have a pretty good idea of the direction and degree in which the tissues are being lifted at the time of the procedure.

I've also heard that the threads can snap sometimes, which can cause one side of the face to droop back to where it started from. However, the solution for this is generally to redo that side of the face (hopefully free of charge!). There have been some cases in certain types thread work where the end of a thread has poked out of the skin, which can be pretty unsightly (but correctable); however, to go back to the old mantra, be sure you see someone who is a skilled professional, and make sure they are using high-quality materials. That'll minimise the risk of this sort of thing happening. From what I know about Woffles, you can expect a professional and high-quality job. Hope this helps at least a little bit!

Aseatondream

Woffles Wu Lift

Post by Aseatondream » Sun, 24 Apr 2011 2:46 am

I am a white 47 year old male considering Woffles Lift when I am in Singapore next December. Wondering if there are any males or females out there who dad this done and can share their satisfaction level? Also...any thoughts on Dr Woffles Wu? Thanks!

Alan in Toronto