Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
serembanboy

Post by serembanboy » Tue, 23 May 2006 5:21 pm

hi oceanmist,

b proud that u r one of those selected to attend the 3rd stage...
if u look back at the number which attended the walk in last month and for u to reach this stage, i do have to say "this is really a personal achievement for u !"

u hv the requirements that SQ is looking for :D
n just look at the areas which needs to b improved, k.
we shall look foward for the next one.

how bout sheryl?

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Tue, 23 May 2006 6:27 pm

serembanboy wrote:hi oceanmist,

b proud that u r one of those selected to attend the 3rd stage...
if u look back at the number which attended the walk in last month and for u to reach this stage, i do have to say "this is really a personal achievement for u !"

u hv the requirements that SQ is looking for :D
n just look at the areas which needs to b improved, k.
we shall look foward for the next one.

how bout sheryl?
Hi Serembanboy,

thanks thanks... Like I said yeah I'll reflect why I didn't make it today and start preparing myself for the next interview again. Though it's pretty disappointing but I guess I'll have to accept it. no choice, life's like that~

By the way, Sheryl made it to the management interview. It was be held on 8th or 9th June. Hope she makes it and be my future senior in SIA!~

Sheryl

Post by Sheryl » Tue, 23 May 2006 6:51 pm

Hi everyone, i've made it to the next round. but feeling upset cos oceanmist should made it also. :cry: You look much more pretty than me in kebaya. I think its really down to luck.Don't know how i made it. I may join you for the next round of recruitment also cos i may not be able to clear the final hurdle...

I was the first few to jump into the pool. It was difficult to orientate myself to swim in the correct direction at first. After that, i'm to swim across the pool. Halfway, i was too tired to swim and i cant see the finishing line that i've to shout for the finishing line.

I think i was the first group to finish the swim, we managed to bath quickly than the rest and start doing the makeup. I put slight makeup as i though they are not particular about makeup at this stage (training will be provided later), else they would be looking for part time makeup artist cum Flight Stewardess.

Anyway, for the kebaya fitting, i tried a few until i managed to fit into a top that is real tight on top and nice at the waist. During the kebaya walk, i wasn't told to carry the tray but was told to walk here and there and show them my hand. They looked real close at the face rather than the thighs which i had some small scars. I had some small pimples at my back, but i guess they are just looking out for permanent scars.

As for the psychometric test, i was evaluated by the system that i was suitable for analytical and technical job. (OMG) I think this will be the interview ending point cos i believe the panel of interviewers will shoot me with this result.

By the way, what is expected for the round 4 interview and round 5 tea session?

But i felt that oceanmist really should have joined me to the next round, if not for that beautician! :x

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Tue, 23 May 2006 9:23 pm

AiyO Sheryl...

Haha silly girl you must have more confidence in yourself! I tell you your butt's like wOOhOO~ :P in the Kebaya. You passed because you look good so stop doubting yourself lah. Shoo get lost I don't wanna see you next round. I will see you in STC :twisted:

Oh yeah a tip for water confidence test, please roughly estimated how far the end of the pool is. Stop awhile and turn your head to look when you need to. Because I happily swam swam swam and knocked my head at the end of the pool today :???: -0uch-

Also, some ppl got booted out at the water confidence test today. 4 of 'em in fact. I really don't understand, because all of us managed to swim and get thru' with it, and from what I know there shouldn't be any elimination at this stage?

For Kebaya, I got one that fits pretty well but a lil' too long, only BLUE ones are available and they emphasized that we're NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE PICTURES IN KEBAYA. We had to change in this room with few other ppl, and worse still the door kept opening and closing everytime someone finishes her Kebaya test and come in to change. :oops: For skin check, I think it's more about scars, not so much of pigmentation cause that can be covered. And they keep emphasisng on scars also... the moment Miss Lancome wants to check my wrist TWICE I know I'm dead meat... Oh well, I'll go for IPL, Diamond peel, chemical peel, orange peel and whatever peel available~

And Sheryl, good luck and all the best. You must go into STC and pave my way first. Hahaa. Check out the best food stall for me in the canteen (Heard all 'em suck). Not all the beautician's fault I guess she's strict but at least not double standards~ Don't worry, I WILL BE BACK :cool:

serembanboy

Post by serembanboy » Tue, 23 May 2006 11:25 pm

sheryl,

congrats on pulling thru :D
like wat oceanmist said, u will pave the way for us in STC :wink:
all the best again

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Wed, 24 May 2006 6:51 am

What an interesting story to tell about your head kena knocked at the swimming pool. Oh very goodluck to you oceanmist... :D

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Wed, 24 May 2006 10:11 am

hi all,

Anybody can enlighten what is training consist of?
:???:
The process of training for the 4mths...what does it consist of ?

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Wed, 24 May 2006 4:07 pm

Matt10 wrote:What an interesting story to tell about your head kena knocked at the swimming pool. Oh very goodluck to you oceanmist... :D
Haha hi Matt10... yeah I bang my head cause all the time I was thinking where the end of the pool is... then suddenly... *BANG* :oops:

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Wed, 24 May 2006 8:20 pm

oops did it hurt oceanmist?
"City of Ang3Ls"

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Wed, 24 May 2006 8:37 pm

blancD wrote:oops did it hurt oceanmist?
Not really. I was just very shocked. And moreover I was the very last to jump. When I'm done I realised I was the only one in the pool. lol.

Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheesie » Wed, 24 May 2006 10:00 pm

oceanmist wrote:AiyO Sheryl...

Haha silly girl you must have more confidence in yourself! I tell you your butt's like wOOhOO~ :P in the Kebaya. You passed because you look good so stop doubting yourself lah. Shoo get lost I don't wanna see you next round. I will see you in STC :twisted:

Oh yeah a tip for water confidence test, please roughly estimated how far the end of the pool is. Stop awhile and turn your head to look when you need to. Because I happily swam swam swam and knocked my head at the end of the pool today :???: -0uch-

Also, some ppl got booted out at the water confidence test today. 4 of 'em in fact. I really don't understand, because all of us managed to swim and get thru' with it, and from what I know there shouldn't be any elimination at this stage?

For Kebaya, I got one that fits pretty well but a lil' too long, only BLUE ones are available and they emphasized that we're NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE PICTURES IN KEBAYA. We had to change in this room with few other ppl, and worse still the door kept opening and closing everytime someone finishes her Kebaya test and come in to change. :oops: For skin check, I think it's more about scars, not so much of pigmentation cause that can be covered. And they keep emphasisng on scars also... the moment Miss Lancome wants to check my wrist TWICE I know I'm dead meat... Oh well, I'll go for IPL, Diamond peel, chemical peel, orange peel and whatever peel available~

And Sheryl, good luck and all the best. You must go into STC and pave my way first. Hahaa. Check out the best food stall for me in the canteen (Heard all 'em suck). Not all the beautician's fault I guess she's strict but at least not double standards~ Don't worry, I WILL BE BACK :cool:
SO sad oceanmist, So sad to hear there but No worries, Must try again next time, wanna see you!

Hi Sheryl... Guess both of us need to worry what questions they will ask, what they looking for on the final round liao! kekez.. wanna excahnge msn? PM me! can chat about it! :)

Anyway, Hope can really get in! Cos abit sick of the interviews liao! :(

Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheesie » Wed, 24 May 2006 10:25 pm

Hey btw, let me say my experiences on last monday!

Humpz... The lady Sheryn is very nice, she gave us some tips for the final rounds, she say must wear a very formal dresscode, and must have a nice make up done and bring a big big big smile on your face always. :D

On my water-confidence round, Oh my god! So far way to swim, was so tired after that! the SHeryn stand there and tell us to stop to prevent hiting our head! :D so sweet of her!

And for the kabaya rounds! the kabaya was in so mess which everyone take a few pcs in to the changing room and left it on the table, Sheryn see there is no kabaya hanging there so tot there wasn't anymore kabaya for us to change! so quite a few of us waited for the kabayas! But in the end everyone den notice that all the kabaya was in the changing rooms, so Sherny called 5 to 10 of us changed first! and i was quite rush oso, by the time i manage to find a nice fitting one, AND its my turn! din get a chance to look at the mirror, and also did a quick hair tie (a bun)! OKIE! when i was in the room, 2 ladies in there, walked quite a numbers of time (up and down) before they call me to stop..... :cry: when they will checking my hand, a lady there say " hmmmm, you got a very dry skin, you got to moisture your hands everyday!" i was like oh oh no..... tot would be kicked out! but lucky i got in! :D :D :D

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Fri, 26 May 2006 11:46 am

hi,
some of my friends told me that SIA drop their requirement to O Level then another friend says to N' level. can somebody help me clarify that? It's kind of weird actually listen to two different people.

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Fri, 26 May 2006 1:39 pm

It's only for the last interview, they also accept O'levels (at least 5 credits - Strictly). Not too sure about the upcoming interviews though.

serembanboy

Post by serembanboy » Fri, 26 May 2006 1:53 pm

anyone got any info when is the next interview?