Singapore Expats

David Blaine

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

David Blaine

Post by Baron Greenback » Tue, 23 May 2006 12:53 pm

I was listening to a podcast of the Chris Evans show from BBC2 the other day & he had a guest from the Guinness book of world records. He was talking about how David Blaine keeps contacting them with these amazing stunts he is going to do, eg stand on a pole, stay underwater, stay in a box etc & he can't actually manage to break any of these records.

So at Guinness they have given him the nickname David Plain :D

I also like the way Marcus Brigstocke from the Now show refers to him as the "Git Wizard". I get the feeling that there is not much love for this man in the UK, when he did his "live in a glass box" stunt, people threw eggs & hamburgers at him :)
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

CardZeus
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CardZeus » Tue, 23 May 2006 2:30 pm

For a guy who has made his name as a magician and illusionist I wonder why people are so impressed by his 'stunts'. Was he really in the glass box in London? Was he really in the fish bowl in the USA?? Or were they just clever illusions???

Why can't he just make himself disappear??? :wink:
The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Re: David Blaine

Post by Quasimodo » Tue, 23 May 2006 4:10 pm

Baron Greenback wrote:I get the feeling that there is not much love for this man in the UK, when he did his "live in a glass box" stunt, people threw eggs & hamburgers at him :)
:lol: Tough audience. was it BSE-free meat in the burgers?
One in the hand is worth two of something

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Baron Greenback » Tue, 23 May 2006 4:51 pm

Maybe not - could be the reason why they were 'mad' at David Plain :twisted:
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

Aitchy_UK

Post by Aitchy_UK » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 2:44 pm

he did all those "stunts" because his magic wasnt that impressive.

there is no trick that he does that cant be mastered in week and many relighed on gimmics and misleading editing.

ive been a keen amater magician for many years and blanes popularity has elluded me. i went to see him in his box in london, the same day that FHM mag flew an RC helecopter up to him with a big mack tied bellow. lol.

those keen on magic may enjoy the "tripple actz magic show" show this sunday @ 1 sarkies road (7.30 pm), singa's 3 top magician in one 80 min show, should be great.....

ps, can offer lessions in magic if wanted- its great to have a few tricks up your sleve for any occasion.