Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiki » Tue, 23 May 2006 1:06 am

No worries as well dyra...

even if 'it' decides to assume another identity,

Plavt and SMS will put 'it' in it's places.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Tue, 23 May 2006 8:01 am

Saint wrote:
Matt10 wrote:This info about layover in London for 5 days was mentioned in the newspaper. A cabin crew of SIA mention that he stay for 5 days in Europe if he has flight there. They also get about $210 a day in UK for allowance. It was an article called "Confessions of a flight steward".
You mean this article :roll: Think someones living with the fairies!!

If you are going to tell lies, don't try and fool us by quoting articles, you will be found out!

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/printfrien ... 22,00.html

The Electric New Paper :
CONFESSIONS OF AN AIR STEWARDESS
SHE STARVES HERSELF SO THAT SHE CAN FIT INTO HER UNIFORM AND HAD AN ABORTION TO AVOID BEING GROUNDED
ATING was her favourite pastime and becoming an air stewardess was her childhood dream.
By Joyce Lim
Saint, wrong article. What i mentioned was Flight Steward not stewardess.

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Tue, 23 May 2006 8:14 am

dyra wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:Well SIA crew do spend 3-5 days in Europe..
That is what my cousin who is an FA told me.
i am just curious, if u have a cousin who is a FA in SIA,u could get a lot of ur answers regarding being a cabin crew from ur cousin instead of posting here and asking pp.

just curious... :o

The problem with your assertion, Dyra, is that you are being logical, but Matt/Donno is definitely not logical, nor does he even make a tiny bit of sense . . .

Welcome to the board, dyra!
One in the hand is worth two of something

pretty_pointes

Post by pretty_pointes » Tue, 23 May 2006 8:36 am

I do not know why is everyone making such a big fuss over who's information is reliable or not. If you doubt the information given, go and verify it yourself. PM the fella or something! Stop clogging up the entire thread! Everytime I see more pages added in, I would think that there is more new information coming in, but all I see are all your senseless bantering, playing with words and sarcasm.
Please be mindful that there are other prople reading this thread and take your bantering elsewhere!

Thank you very much.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Tue, 23 May 2006 9:11 am

So, you don't think that providing reliable information is worthwhile and reading misleading information without redress is better?

'nuff said Image

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 23 May 2006 1:21 pm

pretty_pointes wrote: Please be mindful that there are other prople reading this thread and take your bantering elsewhere!

Thank you very much.
We know that and don't need your patronizing tone of voice thrown in. The fact is there are number of people here living in a fantasy world who are going to get an enormous shock when reality bites. Let me ask you this; if you were to apply for a job which required considerable tact and planning on your part would you be happy with unsubstantiated and fictional information?

Plavt.

Ps: Here is one of your own quotes from elsewhere in ths section;

is there no way we can lead life wothout having to be answerable for the thgs we do? things come back to u like a boomerang...

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Tue, 23 May 2006 1:31 pm

It's true with what Plavt mentioned. There have been a lot of cases where people have been fine through training at the centre but wished they had never signed the contract after experiencing their first SNY flight or so. One should really find out and be mindful of what the job entails. It might work for others but not for you.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Tue, 23 May 2006 1:54 pm

Plavt wrote:
pretty_pointes wrote:
is there no way we can lead life wothout having to be answerable for the thgs we do? things come back to u like a boomerang...

One of my all-time favourite one-liners.

Plavt you have a the memory of an elephant.

'nuff said Image

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Tue, 23 May 2006 2:28 pm

hellO ppl...

an update here. I flunked my Kebaya test... today's passing rate is 13/43 (supposed to have 45 but 2 ppl didn't turn up).

It's okay... shall try again...

mysty

Post by mysty » Tue, 23 May 2006 2:32 pm

oceanmist wrote:hellO ppl...

an update here. I flunked my Kebaya test... today's passing rate is 13/43 (supposed to have 45 but 2 ppl didn't turn up).

It's okay... shall try again...
Hi oceanmist,

Sorry to hear that. Do u know what happen there? Y is the passing rate so low? Did they tell u anything? Well, just curious...Wish u can pass it next time around! :)

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Tue, 23 May 2006 2:38 pm

mysty wrote:Hi oceanmist,

Sorry to hear that. Do u know what happen there? Y is the passing rate so low? Did they tell u anything? Well, just curious...Wish u can pass it next time around! :)
Hello Mysty,

I don't know what happened but even if you asked they will not bother to entertain you. So just take it from there and reflect upon yourself i guess. the for the last 10 or 11 of us, only 1 made it. It was her second attempt. Thanks, hope i'll be able to pass the next time round too =)

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Tue, 23 May 2006 3:56 pm

Well, Oceanmist, failing the kabaya test is an arbitrary test. Feel secure in the knowledge that you have passed the more cerebral tests.

this is the one stage where I would say: bad luck, try agin!

Good for you for getting to this stage and definitely try again.

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Tue, 23 May 2006 3:59 pm

I think with MAS firing 5000 employees there will be a lot more competition from them for the SIA jobs.

Pull your socks up, ladies. MAS flighties can usually speak bahasa, chinese and english and have experience in an airline.

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Tue, 23 May 2006 4:33 pm

Quasimodo wrote:Well, Oceanmist, failing the kabaya test is an arbitrary test. Feel secure in the knowledge that you have passed the more cerebral tests.

this is the one stage where I would say: bad luck, try agin!

Good for you for getting to this stage and definitely try again.
Hi Quasimodo,

Thanks for your encouragement, I won't give up only after 1 attempt! Well guess it's more and less luck too. Heard that the beautician I got today is infamous for failing ppl due to imperfections of the skin (Not sure if you guys know, she's a tall and big lady).

It's alright then, now I can take my own time to lighten my scars and keep fit before going for the next one!
Quasimodo wrote:I think with MAS firing 5000 employees there will be a lot more competition from them for the SIA jobs.

Pull your socks up, ladies. MAS flighties can usually speak bahasa, chinese and english and have experience in an airline.
Yeah I saw on the news last night. There weren't really fired, but were offered a "retrenchment package" with compensation of 1-3mths basic salary for every year they've been with MAS. They can either accept the package, or they can choose to stay.

Hah not sure if SIA will take those retrenched from MAS, but if they can pass all the 5 rounds of interviews then they definitely deserve the job!~

Oh yah congrats to Sheryl for making it to the mgt interview! You're done a great job~ Looks pretty pretty in Kebaya (Heh Yay I get to see!~) Thanks for the ride home too!!!

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Tue, 23 May 2006 4:43 pm

theres something wrong with the way MAS manage their company. . . from an observers point of view. . .
"City of Ang3Ls"