Singapore Expats

(best price n place) help me ppl

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
luv_shez

(best price n place) help me ppl

Post by luv_shez » Sat, 20 May 2006 3:19 pm

Hello,
i will be in pattaya, kuala lumpur, singapore and bangkok the next week. i would like to know the approximate prices of, and the best place i could get :
1. a (samsung or any good) cd writer
2. SD memory card for nokia 6630 (256/512 MB)
3. memory card for panasonic digi cam (512MB)

which is the most reliable places which gives good quality at best rates. can someone tell me the rate pls? (pls mention currency of the country)

of the above mentioned countries where will i get what i want, at the best rate?? where should i buy it from??
hope to receive a quick reply as ill be leaving soon. thank you so much.
pls tell me approximate estimation of rates even if u do not know the exact price.
any help is appreciated. thank you

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bremen » Sat, 20 May 2006 4:04 pm

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

luv_shez

Post by luv_shez » Sat, 20 May 2006 4:19 pm

i did look there but its getting confusing.also ive heard ppl there bargain quite a bit, so was wondering was the price at that site the best one?!!?
thot electric items were cheaper than the price quoted there. so thot ppl who reside there wud know best. let me know if possible.

ps: after comparing it to indian prices, its not much of a difference. wasnt eletric items cheaper?! like in singapore i heard there's a bldg for cheap computer items.the price of those wud be diff than that on the site. i assume.

am i right?!

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bremen » Sat, 20 May 2006 5:16 pm

luv_shez wrote:i did look there but its getting confusing.also ive heard ppl there bargain quite a bit, so was wondering was the price at that site the best one?!!?
thot electric items were cheaper than the price quoted there. so thot ppl who reside there wud know best. let me know if possible.

ps: after comparing it to indian prices, its not much of a difference. wasnt eletric items cheaper?! like in singapore i heard there's a bldg for cheap computer items.the price of those wud be diff than that on the site. i assume.

am i right?!
Those prices ARE from the "bldg for cheap computer items". Bargaining will only get you a small discount, and only if you buy a lot of parts from the same store. If you look and act like a tourist, you will not get a discount easily.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Sat, 20 May 2006 9:22 pm

Wow, Bremen, please quit your day job and assist this man!

'nuff said Image

luv_shez

Post by luv_shez » Sat, 20 May 2006 11:14 pm

thanx breman..
well vaucluse.. i dint know abt it so had asked.. thot this forum was to help and share, right!?
anyways thanks again...

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bremen » Sat, 20 May 2006 11:51 pm

Vaucluse wrote:Wow, Bremen, please quit your day job and assist this man!
Eh, I did. :P
- Terry Pratchett

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Sun, 21 May 2006 8:34 am

:lol:

'nuff said Image