Singapore Expats

do u exercise ?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

do you exercise?

yes
80%
no
20%

Total votes: 30

emiko08
Chatter
Chatter

Post by emiko08 » Thu, 20 Apr 2006 5:43 pm

Prochy wrote:just to clarify: by "don't be affraid of getting big" i meant that you will NOT become big/huge as a result of doing heavy weights, esp. for girls (providing you don't eat as much as small ZOO or use "special" supplements);
some say that girls doing weights will become shaped and toned and our girlfriends ;-)

emiko08: squats - not only tights, if you do them even your biceps will grow ;-) and then more muscles = more energy burnt during exercise = easier to keep in shape

no, crunches/sit ups do NOT help to burn fats!!!
imagine the fats as fuel, when you burn the fuel you burn it as a whole, you cannot loose weight locally (if you exercise abdomen it does NOT mean you are burning fats from your tummy); now bigger engine will consume more energy, so is it better to exercise huge muscles of your legs, back, ... or tiny muscles of your abdomen to burn that energy? sure, bigger parts, moreover the anabolic response for the muscle growth is better after exercising bigger muscle parts (multijoint exercises)
by doing sit-ups you can shape and develope your abdomen so it starts to show up but it is still covered by the layer of fat ...
hi~
are you saying my personal trainer is not qualified? :roll:

Prochy

Post by Prochy » Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:59 pm

if those things you wrote above are from him/her ... YES

when someone has some certificate or whatever, does not necessarily mean he is right in everything, apparently not ... btw. it is not that difficult to get such certificates...

moreover, the things I posted above are pretty straightforward and you do not need any trainer to check on this, just use your brain and common sense

but do what suits you, go your own way, do your sit-ups and remember to pay your personal trainer and since "it takes time and does not work overnight" the longer the better for him :-))

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 6:00 pm

Any tips for getting a muscular body?

I don't want weights,just normal muscle exercise...

Thanks.. :)
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Re: do u exercise ?

Post by earthfriendly » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:05 pm

tuk boy wrote:what types of exercise you do?
how many times a week?
what is the best exercise for belly fATS?
Uzap is great for belly fats. It works on me. In fact that's the only form of exercise I do deliberately, aside from daily activities like running and chasing my toddler daughters. The problem is I only uzap once a week. I shoud do it more frequently, now that summer season is round the corner.

Uh_huh
Regular
Regular

Post by Uh_huh » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:25 pm

tuk boy wrote:
what types of exercise you do?
how many times a week?
what is the best exercise for belly fATS?

Drink Beer
As continuously as you can.
Eating pork fat while looking at a picture of your mother-in-law
Of course I'm insane, thats because I'm a freaking genius.
So you and you and you, get out of my mind!

VENI VIDI VICI
VENGENCE IS MINE!!!!

Prochy

Post by Prochy » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 4:52 pm

I give up ...

Uh_huh
Regular
Regular

Post by Uh_huh » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 5:28 pm

Or you could listen to "Manowar".....

That rocks

VENI VIDI VICI
VENGENCE IS MINE!!!!

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 7:10 pm

Prochy wrote:the worst way is to do sit-ups, crunches and other similar exercises
the best are squats, dead-lifts and other heavy, multi-joint exercises

good luck!

That's very dangerous advice there, muscleman. How can you tell someone who is clearly out of shape to do heavy, multi-joint exercises?

Irresponsible.

'nuff said Image

Prochy

Post by Prochy » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 8:24 pm

Uh-huh: i hope your post was not meant as a sarcastic one. The above comment was not for you, i got your joke in there, no problem with that... In any other case thank you for OT ;-)

Vaucluse: it is simple statement, not advice, but that's what I would recommend to people with some experience with training. Beginners are, of course, different issue. I just wanted to show that going to the gym and do bench-press and something for biceps (as it can be generally seen in gyms) is not a way to get shaped... and the result: one question how to get shaped without serious trainings and one recommendation of some miraculous belt

I hope you understand. I'm not here to quarrel...

Uh_huh
Regular
Regular

Post by Uh_huh » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:42 am

Prochy wrote:Uh-huh: i hope your post was not meant as a sarcastic one. The above comment was not for you, i got your joke in there, no problem with that... In any other case thank you for OT ;-)

No, no, I really like MANOWAR!!! I have all their albums. I know I'm going off track here. But I like their "Triumph of Steel" album best.

Ok, no more MANOWAR talk......

HAIL AND KILL!!!!

VENI VIDI VICI
VENGENCE IS MINE!!!!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 1:37 am

emiko08 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
I would differ there as situps are proven to be very hard on the small of the back. One should do crunches instead. You may very well have meant to say crunches and if so, sorry. But one must take the written word at face value as the reader is not a mind-reader.

sms
yeah if you do situps wrongly, it would hurt your back.
but if you do the correct way, it would be able to reduce your stomach fats. of course, it takes time and does not work overnight.
Most certainly not, I'm afraid! There is no possibility to target fat spots! and situps are outdated, and not normally advised in this day and age, if you are up to date with the scene.

Squats are the most effective for fat, burning, due to the fact that most muscles are used, approx 250-280 muscles exercised in one squat, hence the fuel gets used up rather quickly. Food in=energy out but remember it doesn't help putting the wrong grade of fuel in. So a correct balance of maconutrients is required for the specific individual in question.

Every individual is different! all the diets on sale are scams and half trueths, take the Abs diet, which is probably one of the best, again they talk of targeting the fat on the abs! total bull!! when fat is burned up, its taken from various parts of the body, although tone the abs by crunches, rather than sit ups, you can get a better effect from 30 crunches, than you can 300 situps, if done correctly.

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 07 May 2006 12:46 am

How long does it take to get a six Pax ABS??
And how many sit ups a day??

Thanks.. :D :D

One more thing..
Does Pull Ups Make you grow taller??

What form of exercise makes you grow taller??

I'm 14 and 170cm in height..

Prochy

Post by Prochy » Thu, 11 May 2006 8:33 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:How long does it take to get a six Pax ABS??

One more thing..

Hi there,

you have to do 500 sit-ups in the morning, noon and evening. Take one spoon of salt mixed with crashed wallnut shells three times a day, that helps to burn fat...
Pull-ups will make you tall from shoulders down so your body will be unbalanced at the end. Thus better take two clothes-pins and hang yourself by the ears on some rope for fifteen minutes every day. Doing so you have to shout "Why am I so stupid?" repeatedly...

Good luck!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 11 May 2006 10:06 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
emiko08 wrote:the best way is to do sit-ups :P
I would differ there as situps are proven to be very hard on the small of the back. One should do crunches instead. You may very well have meant to say crunches and if so, sorry. But one must take the written word at face value as the reader is not a mind-reader.

sms
c

Nothhing wrong with situps so long as they are done correctly and in moderation I am sure you like anybody else has heard of someone taking things to extremes.

Plavt.

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Thu, 11 May 2006 11:07 pm

Prochy wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:How long does it take to get a six Pax ABS??

One more thing..

Hi there,

you have to do 500 sit-ups in the morning, noon and evening. Take one spoon of salt mixed with crashed wallnut shells three times a day, that helps to burn fat...
Pull-ups will make you tall from shoulders down so your body will be unbalanced at the end. Thus better take two clothes-pins and hang yourself by the ears on some rope for fifteen minutes every day. Doing so you have to shout "Why am I so stupid?" repeatedly...

Good luck!
1500 sit ups??
I can only do a maximum of 500 a day..Is that good enough?