Singapore Expats

Who here doesn't wear make-up?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
angelbleu

Post by angelbleu » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:51 pm

Lipgloss, Blush and some light powder. Had my upper eyelid tattoo so doesnt need eyeliner.. :wink:
Dont't Worry...Be Happy!!!

miaka29

Post by miaka29 » Tue, 02 May 2006 1:33 pm

Sunblock lotion, Day care powder from ettusais, draw my eyebrows and not forgetting lipgloss :)

vivikuti

Re: Who here doesn't wear make-up?

Post by vivikuti » Tue, 02 May 2006 3:10 pm

Sunblock lotion ,Foundation cream and draw Eyebrow

hailstonez

Post by hailstonez » Wed, 03 May 2006 5:54 pm

Ditto! But i try to apply makeup in moderation. However i noticed my pores are getting more visible and i'm wondering if it is caused by the foundation and press powder. any remedies/ recommendations for enlarged pores, especially to treat the nose?

ilkk wrote:dear Jun,

i wear contact lenses n have been wearing mascara whenever i go out. no problem there.
they recommend that we wear waterproof ones but i don't like it because it is more difficult to remove. try loreal smudgeproof ones. pretty good, i'd say.

i wear concealer, blush & mascara. seems like i wear the most make up here!!!

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Wed, 03 May 2006 6:30 pm

I don't wear make-up unless its for special occassions and then only in certain areas :cool:

(Sorry could'nt help trolling this thread :P )
Be Like Water

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Post by Carpe Diem » Wed, 03 May 2006 6:33 pm

Bafana wrote:I don't wear make-up unless its for special occassions and then only in certain areas :cool:

I have a stronger will than you!!!! :P
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Wed, 03 May 2006 6:37 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Bafana wrote:I don't wear make-up unless its for special occassions and then only in certain areas :cool:

Don't forget I still owe you a beer - But not this week as doctors orders lah :o
Be Like Water

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Post by Carpe Diem » Wed, 03 May 2006 6:55 pm

Bafana wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Don't forget I still owe you a beer - But not this week as doctors orders lah :o
No, no, I did not forget... But since how long? That I forgot...
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

Jun
Editor
Editor

Post by Jun » Thu, 04 May 2006 9:27 am

Dear ilkk

thanks for your advise....i'll try to wear contact lenses more often before adding it with mascara (now still takes me more than 15mins :oops: :P *pretty slow ,ay?* so i've been thinking if wearing mascara will it be very risky for me...smudges and stuffs like that)

ahahhaa you wear the most but doesn't look like you did, i presume? :wink: i got friends that wear all the make up you mentioned but the way she (they) looks..you can see nothing....she looks very natural....so here you go...sometimes i just wonder..how she do it??? :???: :o :???:
Happiness is a daily decision.

cleopatra

Post by cleopatra » Sat, 06 May 2006 11:01 am

maybe u didnt remove ur makeup properly? a good scrub can be used for that.

for me i dont put on makeup much, normally just a lip balm. But if i feel like it, i'll put on mascara and blush as well. in this climate my makeup is normally gone after i walk to the bus stop.. haha..
hailstonez wrote:Ditto! But i try to apply makeup in moderation. However i noticed my pores are getting more visible and i'm wondering if it is caused by the foundation and press powder. any remedies/ recommendations for enlarged pores, especially to treat the nose?

ilkk wrote:dear Jun,

i wear contact lenses n have been wearing mascara whenever i go out. no problem there.
they recommend that we wear waterproof ones but i don't like it because it is more difficult to remove. try loreal smudgeproof ones. pretty good, i'd say.

i wear concealer, blush & mascara. seems like i wear the most make up here!!!

p|uto

Post by p|uto » Sun, 07 May 2006 2:37 pm

ya, totally agree we ladies should not put on too much makeup as it harms ur skin.

my style is only touching up on eyebrows. fullstop. and that's only because i have coloured hair. so looks better matching with same colours.

nature is beauty. unless like meeting clients or attend functions, makeup is then needed as a form of respect.

do watever way u're comfy with~ :wink:

bana

Post by bana » Sun, 07 May 2006 10:22 pm

aphrodite wrote:i normally put on foundation and concealer. Those are the most important things cuz my skin's v dull and pale so if i dun put on foundation i think i will look like a ghost. haha. And concealer are for my darkcircles and pimples or blemishes. The rest i dun put on.

BTW, just wanted to ask wat are loose powder for? am thinking of getting one but i would like to noe the purpose of putting it. Will the makeup stay longer? or will it cover the flaws on my face better?

Advices? :)

Loose powder is used to 'set' liquid foundation and control shine. U can also use it just on its own for a very natural effect. However, u will need to touch up often throughout the day becos it does not stay on well on your face compared to foundation.

starfantasy84
Regular
Regular

Post by starfantasy84 » Wed, 10 May 2006 3:37 pm

nope, don put makeup. no gd technique and take lots of time, rather spend those time sleeping in the morning...haha :wink:

Loops
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Loops » Wed, 10 May 2006 5:28 pm

I used to be a punk, so I wore tons of make up. Then I went through a phase of wearing none. Now I just wear waterproof mascara, so called waterproof eyeliner (which isn't so it slides off!) and if I'm going somewhere air conditioned I celebrate and break out the Revlon pressed powder stuff for 'mature' skins. If it's good enough for Susan Sarandon and Julianne Moore, it's good enough for moi :D

I also wear contact lenses.

Jun - what's the problem with your lenses? Are you having trouble putting them in because you just got them? I don't put mine in the way I was told to at the opticians, all that looking up and sliding it into place didn't work, so I just pop them straight onto the eye while looking in the mirror and blink the air bubbles out. Works for me.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 10 May 2006 5:38 pm

p|uto wrote:ya, totally agree we ladies should not put on too much makeup as it harms ur skin.

my style is only touching up on eyebrows. fullstop. and that's only because i have coloured hair. so looks better matching with same colours.

nature is beauty. unless like meeting clients or attend functions, makeup is then needed as a form of respect.

do watever way u're comfy with~ :wink:

well said, p\uto

'nuff said Image