Singapore Expats

Gulf State Airlines - Vacancy of cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Tue, 09 May 2006 11:04 am

hi,

may i know what time for this sunday interview? did it stated in the website or they will advertise on Strait Times?? thank you very much!

luvjerry77 wrote:Just go to this link... the interview is this sunday at Ritz Carlton

http://careers.etihadairways.com/Englis ... ?Job_ID=35

luvjerry77

Post by luvjerry77 » Tue, 09 May 2006 11:20 am

chai ching wrote:hi,

may i know what time for this sunday interview? did it stated in the website or they will advertise on Strait Times?? thank you very much!

luvjerry77 wrote:Just go to this link... the interview is this sunday at Ritz Carlton

Hi

I am not sure... I guess you have to apply online with Ethihad or with their malaysian agency for an invite to the interview... I have not seen the ad on newspaper... Pardon me if I am wrong...

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Tue, 09 May 2006 11:25 am

Hi Yazzyyaz,

Qatar is holding their recruitment on Saturday and while as what you say. Etihad is holding their recruitment on Sunday. may i know, this sunday interview, what time is it? do you know about that? i see their website never stated the time. so i need to know what time for the interview?

by the way, are you going for both of these days too.

Yazzyyaz wrote:Hi all,

If I am not wrong, Qatar is holding their recruitment at the Hilton & Etihad is holding theirs at Ritz Carlton. Qatar's on Sat & Etihad's on Sunday.

I received a call from the Malaysian recruiters for Etihad last night and they told me it's this sunday at the Ritz.

Hope this will clear all confusion. :D

~Yazzy~

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Tue, 09 May 2006 11:27 am

oh like that i see. need to apply online first then wait for their invitation for the interview. well its all right. never mind. thank you for your help! have you apply yet? may i know how to apply through malaysian agency? sorry to bother and trouble you.
luvjerry77 wrote:
chai ching wrote:hi,

Hi

I am not sure... I guess you have to apply online with Ethihad or with their malaysian agency for an invite to the interview... I have not seen the ad on newspaper... Pardon me if I am wrong...

Yazzyyaz

Post by Yazzyyaz » Tue, 09 May 2006 11:42 am

Malaysia’s only Airline Placement & Cabin Crew Training Centre seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill the immediate vacancies with leading established Gulf State Airlines.

Our present client from the UAE is looking for ambitious and focused candidates to join its team as International Flight Attendants :

Requirement:

We are looking for friendly, well groomed candidates with pleasing personality.

Age 20-30, minimum height of 1.6m (female), 1.7m (male), height / weight should be in proportion,

Strong interpersonal and communications skills displaying a genuine cultural sensitivity and appreciation

Excellent personal presentation and grooming

A good command of English is essential, and other languages are preferable

Previous Airline, customer service / hospitality experience an advantage

Current or Ex-Cabin crew are most welcome.

All nationalities welcome

Your benefits will include :

A tax free salary of US$1,800 onwards

Fully furnished shared apartment

36 days annual leave and industry travel concessions

Medical care

Transport to and from duty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dress Code: Formal or Business suit with knee length skirt (for photo & interview)
Walk-in submission (strictly no enquiries/ interview) from 7th – 11th May 06, 1pm-6pm or alternatively email (photo in jpeg format) / courier detailed CV, one full length and 2 passport size photographs to :

Inter-Excel Advisory Sdn Bhd
Lot B4, 1 st Floor, KL Plaza,
No.179, Jalan Bukit Bintang,
55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Email: [email protected]

Tel : 603-2141 4200 / 4201 / 2144 1801
HP : 6016-2850 339

Interested applicants should apply before the 11th May 2006. Actual Interview will be held on the:
12th May 06, 8.30am at Grand Plaza Park Royal Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
(Level 2, Vanda 1 & 2) Jalan Sultan Ismail, KL (opposite Sg.Wang)

14th May 06, 8.30am sharp, Ritz Carlton Millenia Hotel Singapore
(Level 2, Millenia 1 & 2) Add: no7, Raffles Avenue, Singapore 039799

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I actually applied through Jobsdb.com. I think you can send in your resume through directly to the Msia recruiters - [email protected]. I think i will attend both the interviews.

~Yazzy~

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Tue, 09 May 2006 11:58 am

thank you for your well furnish information! appreciate it so much. really then thats great. but i think i can only attend one and that is saturday. sunday is mother's day and need to go out for celebration. so coincidence and why and how come its 08.30 a.m.

how about we go together for this Qatar interview on Saturday? By the way, did you go last saturday (06 May 2006) Emirates interview? did you manage to get select?
Yazzyyaz wrote:Malaysia’s only Airline Placement & Cabin Crew Training Centre seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill the immediate vacancies with leading established Gulf State Airlines.

Our present client from the UAE is looking for ambitious and focused candidates to join its team as International Flight Attendants :

Requirement:

Age 20-30, minimum height of 1.6m (female), 1.7m (male), height / weight should be in proportion,

Strong interpersonal and communications skills displaying a genuine cultural sensitivity and appreciation

Medical care

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dress Code: Formal or Business suit with knee length skirt (for photo & interview)
Walk-in submission (strictly no enquiries/ interview) from 7th – 11th May 06, 1pm-6pm or alternatively email (photo in jpeg format) / courier detailed CV, one full length and 2 passport size photographs to :

Interested applicants should apply before the 11th May 2006. Actual Interview will be held on the:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I actually applied through Jobsdb.com. I think you can send in your resume through directly to the Msia recruiters - [email protected]. I think i will attend both the interviews.

~Yazzy~

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Tue, 09 May 2006 11:59 am

just send in resume only. or need to send in photos of both too?
Yazzyyaz wrote:Malaysia’s only Airline Placement & Cabin Crew Training Centre seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill the immediate vacancies with leading established Gulf State Airlines.

Requirement:

Medical care

~Yazzy~

Yazzyyaz

Post by Yazzyyaz » Tue, 09 May 2006 12:04 pm

Hi Chai Ching,

I didn't manage to go for the EK interview as I woke up with a really swollen eye that day. :x

I went for EY interview a few months back but was booted out at the last stage. :( Guess i was too outspoken during the group discussion as i was trying to lead the team to speak up. :roll:

So where & wat time do you want to meet? The interview starts at 9 am rite?

~Yazzy~
Last edited by Yazzyyaz on Tue, 09 May 2006 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yazzyyaz

Post by Yazzyyaz » Tue, 09 May 2006 12:06 pm

Hi Chai Ching

You need to send in both your resume & full length + passport size photos.

~Yazzy~

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Tue, 09 May 2006 1:05 pm

oh thats really so sad for you and too bad. So you mean that you ever also go for EK but was booted out at the last stage. Me too. I have try for second time for EK. But was not even select or shortlisted for it. Im more sadder than you. :( :(

Then have you ever try for SIA too and plus Silkair? Yup correct. Qatar start at 0900 am sharp. So we must reach there either early or 0900 am sharp. Where do you stay? Do you have msn? So that we can msn.

Yazzyyaz wrote:Hi Chai Ching,

I didn't manage to go for the EK interview as I woke up with a really swollen eye that day. :x

I went for EY interview a few months back but was booted out at the last stage. :( Guess i was too outspoken during the group discussion as i was trying to lead the team to speak up. :roll:

So where & wat time do you want to meet? The interview starts at 9 am rite?

~Yazzy~

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Tue, 09 May 2006 1:06 pm

oh ok like that i see. well ok. thanks a lot to you again! have you send in yourse yet?

Yazzyyaz wrote:Hi Chai Ching

You need to send in both your resume & full length + passport size photos.

~Yazzy~

Yazzyyaz

Post by Yazzyyaz » Tue, 09 May 2006 2:12 pm

Hi Chai Ching,

Let's meet at the lobby of Hilton hotel. I will pm u my msn so we can discuss further.

I went for EK (Emirates) before but was not even selected after the pre-screening. It was EY (Etihad) which i was booted out at the last round. :cry:
My cousin has been working for EK for the last 2years. Heard the pay is not too bad.

I sent in my resume and photos last night already. Never try SQ & Silkair before. Missed the last SQ recruitment as well. Maybe i will try with SQ the next time round.

~Yazzy~

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Tue, 09 May 2006 6:03 pm

By the way, i went to http://careers.etihadairways.com/Englis ... ?Job_ID=35 but it never state about the requirements for flight stewards they only mentioned>>

Ladies should be at least 1.6m tall. Fluency in English is a must, knowledge of Arabic or another language would be an advantage etc.

Can you please us the link for the full detail? Thanks alot.

And goodluck for your interview. :D

vivi
Regular
Regular

Post by vivi » Sun, 14 May 2006 7:26 pm

Yazzyyaz wrote:Hi Chai Ching,

Let's meet at the lobby of Hilton hotel. I will pm u my msn so we can discuss further.

I went for EK (Emirates) before but was not even selected after the pre-screening. It was EY (Etihad) which i was booted out at the last round. :cry:
My cousin has been working for EK for the last 2years. Heard the pay is not too bad.

I sent in my resume and photos last night already. Never try SQ & Silkair before. Missed the last SQ recruitment as well. Maybe i will try with SQ the next time round.

~Yazzy~
hi yazz, did you managed to go to the etihad airways interview? I was invited but was unable to attend due to certain personal issues. Hows was the procedure like? thanks ^_^
cheers
viv

Yazzyyaz

Post by Yazzyyaz » Sun, 14 May 2006 10:48 pm

Hello,

I was at the EY interview from 8.30am to 7pm.
It was nerve-wrecking. (The recruiters have the habit of calling out the numbers and gather the grp in the room to eliminate them.)

There was 173 ppl today including walk-ins. Only 22 were shortlisted for the 3rd & 4th round. At the end, 14 of us were given the congratulations letter...

1st round - English test
-- Mulitple choices for grammar, Vocabulary, Simple Maths, Simple logic & a short comprehension, lastly short paragraph creative writing.

2nd round - Grooming test (Height & Weight) & A brief one-on-one introduction.

(Both round 1 & 2 runs concurrently)

3rd round - Grp discussion - we were given a task to do as a team

4th round - Panel interview (tho some of us didnt proceed to that but was offered the job)

That's all folks!

~Yazzy~