Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 07 May 2006 2:43 pm

There is no current recruitment yet but I guess you'll have to wait until the next recruitment comes up.Check the papers everyday or you can visit the Singapore Airlines website.

Cheers.
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Sun, 07 May 2006 2:46 pm

p|uto wrote:can anyone advise when wil be the next recruitment for SIA air stewardess? :roll:
Hi p|uto,

keep checking out on their site!

But doubt it will be anytime soon. The least one was held one week back.

Regards

p|uto

Post by p|uto » Sun, 07 May 2006 2:48 pm

yep. i missed the last one so was wondering when's the next. thanks peeps.

i already checked the webby but no info as of such yet.
guess i'll just haf to keep a tight n close out look.

jer

Crossing fingers

Post by jer » Sun, 07 May 2006 4:38 pm

Yea, jus hope they'll hold the recuitment soon. i'm all excited.

Really hope I will get in.

I've got a secondary school fren, who is really shorter than me got into CX. Sometimes, I really think it depends on luck tho.

Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Re: Cool off

Post by Cheesie » Sun, 07 May 2006 4:50 pm

jer wrote:oh well!

i know having such a height wont bring me anywhere into the crew, but i'll jus keep trying. no harm. :)

thanks tho, cool off!!

i was ask to leave the previous time, cuz of my height. dur.

my friend told me channel 8, that zhong qin is previously a FA, and she is damn short. is that true?

jer
Yep its true.. She tried for 8 times before she got in! Mmm as for the height, to me myself.. I think for walk-in recruitement, its a 100% you wun get in but thus i went for the last year december write in interview, got this ger 156, the lady say "Your height cannot pass you know? But i will let you in!" is like.. Humpz.. you see...

:???:

jer

Post by jer » Sun, 07 May 2006 4:58 pm

hahaha!

sometimes it's hard to believe SIA is strict when I go airport and get to see short FA.

but anyway, i'm still crossing my fingers.

never say die? lol.

it's up to individual i guess :wink:

Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheesie » Sun, 07 May 2006 5:12 pm

jer wrote:hahaha!

sometimes it's hard to believe SIA is strict when I go airport and get to see short FA.

but anyway, i'm still crossing my fingers.

never say die? lol.

it's up to individual i guess :wink:
Yep.. Good Luck anyway!

jer

Post by jer » Sun, 07 May 2006 5:16 pm

Thanks babe ! :D

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sun, 07 May 2006 8:14 pm

Plavt wrote:
Matt10 wrote:The minimum heights are actually not for the overhead compartment but to reach the emergency equipment.
What are you talking about? All aircrew have to be able to reach the overhead compartments in order to secure them. What emergency equipment are you referring to? I have been in a number of aircraft whereupon I read the safety instructions every time and have never seen any emergency equipment located in the roof! It would seem to me you have never seen the inside of a plane!

Plavt.
Take a look at this.

Requirements

Every new cabin crew will be provided with comprehensive training in our state-of-the-art training college. However to qualify for this opportunity, you will need to meet the following criteria:

Minimum age 21 years at the time of application.

Minimum arm reach of 212 cms (on tip toes), which will enable you to reach emergency equipment on all aircraft types.

Educated to at least high school standard.

Medically fit to meet aircrew requirements.

Fluent in written and spoken English ( fluency in another language is an asset).

Previous experience in the service/ hospitality industry is an advantage.

Finally, you will be the sort of person who has the natural ability to provide excellent service within a team environment.

And if have read the thread properly, an SIA cabin crew mentioned that lifting the bags is not compulsory for them.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 07 May 2006 8:39 pm

Matt10/Donno, whatever your name is you are the biggest bore on this board and will stop at nothing to try to prove a point. The advertisement I read was from SIA's own website. There was no mention of ‘tiptoe’. Since this would appear to be from a private institution I think you are in for a surprise. Now to return to this emergency equipment; you still have not specified what it is. You mentioned oxygen masks but in an emergency they drop down to the height of all and sundry. What other emergency equipment is there? Fire extinguishers, First Aid Kits, emergency lighting- the most important being in the floor (think about it).

You said: ‘if I have read the thread properly'. Are you saying this is from another poster? If not kindly quote your source.

Plavt.

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sun, 07 May 2006 8:41 pm

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 07 May 2006 8:49 pm

Fair enough what you quoted is correct but remember I was referring to SIA not Emirates. However, it is not clear what emergency equipment they are referring to and to have an arm reach of 212 cm you will have to be a certain height. Some bad advertising perhaps.

Plavt.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 07 May 2006 9:09 pm

Plavt wrote:Fair enough what you quoted is correct but remember I was referring to SIA not Emirates. However, it is not clear what emergency equipment they are referring to and to have an arm reach of 212 cm you will have to be a certain height. Some bad advertising perhaps.

Plavt.
Plavt,

I think what they may be referring to is the defibrillators, First Aid Kits & Portable Oxygen units usually stored in the overhead luggage compartments in several locations down the length of the plane. Again, it is NOT in the Roof per se. and the height required would be the same as that which would be required if having to retrive luggage from the overhead bins. They would also have to be able to lift a certain weight down from that height as well.

This would obviously be different from aircraft model to aircraft model and even configuration within similar models I would think. Each Airline would have to use height requirements to service the majority of their fleets I would guess.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Sun, 07 May 2006 9:24 pm

So, according to Matt/donno - whatever else, one can be short as long as you have long arms - so donno/matt would qualify:

One in the hand is worth two of something

Brian CZC

2nd Interview for guys' walk-in on30/04/2006

Post by Brian CZC » Sun, 07 May 2006 9:38 pm

Got an email from SIA. My 2nd interview will be one 11/05/06 3pm.
What about the rest of you?