Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 05 May 2006 5:59 am

Twinkle27,
You really are a sharp thinker, hope you do well.

Plavt.

Beagle_lover

Post by Beagle_lover » Fri, 05 May 2006 8:29 am

Hi all,

My training starts on the 5th of June, anyone else?? Do pm me ya...

Thank you :)

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Fri, 05 May 2006 11:31 am

dyra wrote:
oceanmist wrote:
dyra wrote:today's kebaya round 15 out of 40 make it thru to the final interview.

and there are girls age from 19 to 31 who got thru to the final interview.

hope it helps. =)
Hi Dyra,

thanks for your info! Wow only 15 out of 40 got through the Kebaya test... looks like chances are really really slim... sigh...

Did you get through?

Hmmm... from what you saw, can you roughly tell me why most of them got elimated? Too fat? Too skinny? Too lousy complexion?

Sorry for asking so much... really do wanna know what they're looking for.

Regards
oops! sorry, the passing rate is 12 out of 40. i was in the last group. nope, i didn't get thru. guess i was too fat to look nice in the kebaya! will try again for the next recruitment.

good luck to all the girls for their final interview tomorrow and next monday! :)

hi,

Wow...the elimination was really high...really wonder what went wrong .....

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Fri, 05 May 2006 1:34 pm

aye... i guess cause there will still be like 100+ ppl going for round 2 soon...

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 05 May 2006 1:50 pm

zoergal wrote: Wow...the elimination was really high...really wonder what went wrong .....

Probably nothing, you must remember that for this job there is massive competition and a great many people do not give their applicationserious thought. I read of one occasion where 489 hopefuls turned out of which only 82 would be selected.

Under circumstances such as those it is vital to plan your application in advance (no apology for repeating myself). That means find as much as you can and work out what the job entails and what your abilities need to be.
There is a common requirement that runs through nearly every aspect of the job - not too difficult to work out if applicants can be bothered.

Plavt.

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Fri, 05 May 2006 4:37 pm

oceanmist wrote:
dyra wrote:today's kebaya round 15 out of 40 make it thru to the final interview.

and there are girls age from 19 to 31 who got thru to the final interview.

hope it helps. =)
Hi Dyra,

thanks for your info! Wow only 15 out of 40 got through the Kebaya test... looks like chances are really really slim... sigh...

Did you get through?

Hmmm... from what you saw, can you roughly tell me why most of them got elimated? Too fat? Too skinny? Too lousy complexion?

Sorry for asking so much... really do wanna know what they're looking for.

Regards
I have a short video recorded during Kebaya fitting and if anyone is interested to see the short clip, can PM me.

flyaway

Re: WOW

Post by flyaway » Fri, 05 May 2006 5:03 pm

sq_boy wrote:
flyaway wrote:Hi all. Clarification - 12 out of 40 made it through today. No one is sure why the 28 candidates didn't make it.
Hey flyaway,
That is a really high attrition rate. Did you get through?
Yes I did :) So happy.

jer

Height

Post by jer » Sat, 06 May 2006 9:23 pm

jus wanna ask, if my height is about 156 will it be alright?

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Height

Post by Plavt » Sat, 06 May 2006 9:34 pm

jer wrote:jus wanna ask, if my height is about 156 will it be alright?

Cabin Crew Full Time Permanent posted 21/04/2006
Singapore,
Requirements
We will soon be conducting a recruitment exercise in Singapore.

As a Flight Steward or Flight Stewardess with Singapore Airlines, you can expect to take home a total income of about $3,500 a month, including fixed salary and variable incentive allowances. Plus an annual wage supplement
of one month’s basic salary and profit t-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times.

To fulfil the demands of this exciting profession, you will need to have the following qualities:
• Singapore or Malaysian citizenship
• Males who are at least 1.65m in height; females who are at least 1.58m
• At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination; or a Diploma from a local Polytechnic (Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply)
• Completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service. Those in the process of completing NS may also apply
• The willingness and commitment to serve a compulsory service bond

Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign languages or are experienced in customer service.

http://singaporeair.recruitmax.com/MAIN ... rderID=198

Plavt.

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sat, 06 May 2006 10:31 pm

Why not go give it a try.Maybe luck will be on your side when they check your height or the nurse who will be measuring your height is kind enough to let you in??You will never know...Anyway good luck!!

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sat, 06 May 2006 10:52 pm

If there is a turnaround flight like KL do you still need to bring luggage bag??Or will there be another flight after turn around because from Singapore to KL it is only 45 mins or arond an hour or so..

:D :D

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 06 May 2006 11:50 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:

Why not go give it a try.Maybe luck will be on your side when they check your height or the nurse who will be measuring your height is kind enough to let you in??You will never know...Anyway good luck!!

This has been discussed before and it will not be alright, remember they check your height several tiimes. Giving somebody false hope like you have SQ-Steward-Shazi is irresponsible to say the least.

Plavt.

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 07 May 2006 1:22 am

Plavt wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:

This has been discussed before and it will not be alright, remember they check your height several tiimes. Giving somebody false hope like you have SQ-Steward-Shazi is irresponsible to say the least.

Plavt.

Mr Plavt I am really trying to be patient with you...
I am not giving any false hope..I think there was a post in this forum ages ago when this person who went for an interview passed the height thing...She was only 157cm in height..

I was merely saying that she could go and try...If she doesn't want to then let it be...
I wasn't asking her to go and come back dissapointed..Okay now..It seems like you don't really like me posting in this forum..

What did I say wrong Plavt?

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 07 May 2006 1:36 am

Jer I think you heard what Plavt said...He said I was giving false hope..
I don't know if you think I am...Well I suggest you don't go for the interview as you may be dissapointed...

Really sorry Jer..

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 07 May 2006 2:57 am

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:

Mr Plavt I am really trying to be patient with you...
For a fourteen year old I would say you are a cheeky little g*****
I am not giving any false hope..I think there was a post in this forum ages ago when this person who went for an interview passed the height thing...She was only 157cm in height..
Don't believe all you hear, there has to be a minimum height otherwise she will not be able to reach the overhead compartments. That will apply to SIA for sure. Although I am not sure about other airlines as I there was one girl who was too short for SIA but is now with Tiger Airways. (that however I cannot confirm.)
I wasn't asking her to go and come back dissapointed..Okay now..It seems like you don't really like me posting in this forum..

What did I say wrong Plavt?
It is not a matter of whether I like you posting on this forum that is your right. However the fact is whether you like it or not you are giving her false hope read the job requirements. You have no evidence that what you heard about 157 centimetres is true or not, i.e. we cannot see or hear any of these people here to be certain.

Plavt.