Singapore Expats

Looking for gym opened on 1st May

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Prochy

Looking for gym opened on 1st May

Post by Prochy » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 8:53 am

Hi all,

I am looking for a gym opened on 1st May, mine is closed :-( I am currently staying in west. How much are one-time entrance fees in those big fitness centres in the town (am sure those are opened)? I am on a CKD diet program so it is very important for me to train on Monday not to destroy whole schedule.
Thanks for replies.

jaslynk
Regular
Regular

Parkway Parade Planet Fitness

Post by jaslynk » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 2:10 pm

Hi Prochy,
If I am not wrong, it should be Planet Fitness Parkway Parade. I can find out for you. :cool:

Prochy

Post by Prochy » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 3:35 pm

Thanks, I think Planet Fitness is opened but I am not too sure if they have one-time entrance. Do they require longer period membership?

jaslynk
Regular
Regular

One time entrance

Post by jaslynk » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 2:14 pm

Yes, they do have one time entrance. But it is better to check with them, they're now charging @ S$68 per month. Planet Fitness 2nd branch opening @ Vivo City in this Oct 06. :P

Prochy

Post by Prochy » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:59 pm

Thanks, entrance fee is 25+GST I will try one of the sport clubs, I do not need much to train, just a host of iron ;-)

jaslynk
Regular
Regular

Try out the spinning bicycle

Post by jaslynk » Tue, 02 May 2006 8:26 pm

Hi Prochy,
You must try out their spinning bicycle, its the best workout for your thights. Its @ the second level of Planet Fitness Suntec City. :P

jaslynk
Regular
Regular

Enjoy your workout

Post by jaslynk » Tue, 02 May 2006 8:32 pm

You don't feel like walking after that, so pls get your buddies standby. But pls remember that you'll have to try that baby for 1 hour to feel the touch. So hope you'll enjoy. For me? I will not touch that baby again. I rather soak myself in my bathtub with my baby ducky. Hahaha! :P

Prochy

Post by Prochy » Wed, 03 May 2006 4:27 pm

Thanks, but am not much for persistance trainings, those days are over, it would definitely kill me now :-)

On Monday I was in the gym at Bukit Gombak ... during my dead-lifts a 50+ auntie, with the "Instructor" label on the shirt, came and told me that when I drop the barbell it makes a lot of noise (they don't have plates in rubber) so I should use lower weights :???:
This did not happen to me in Planet Fitness, so maybe I should have stick to your recommendation...

jaslynk
Regular
Regular

Give it a try

Post by jaslynk » Mon, 08 May 2006 7:46 pm

Hahaha...that's so funny! Pls forgive mee, but I couldn't help it. Cos I had the same problem as you. I hate it when aunties come to you and say :"Are you sure you can? You need some help here." :roll:

Maybe you can give it a try, the pple @ PF will not do that to you, unless you bump into their friendly trainers. But they'll ask for permission before they give you personal advise. :P

I am not sure about the pple others branches, but ppls @ Suntec should be quite friendly and nice. :P

VirgoStar

Post by VirgoStar » Tue, 09 May 2006 9:07 am

Oops this is a late late reply I know but I only just chanced upon this thread :)
Anyway you can use this info for further public holidays down the road.

California's gym should open every single day I believe. I'm out of town currently so I don't know if they're opened on May 1st. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Their one-time entry (again if I'm not wrong), is $35...
Hope that's within your budget. Cheers!

jaslynk
Regular
Regular

Avoid

Post by jaslynk » Thu, 11 May 2006 7:12 pm

Try to avoid the one @ Orchard. Pple @ Raffles are more friendly. Can't mention the name of the gym, or I'll get sue for sure. :P

Prochy

Post by Prochy » Thu, 11 May 2006 8:26 pm

Thanks to all. Tomorrow going for another SSC gym, i have just a light training to do. It is only 2.50 and equipment is not bad, saved money can spend on food!!!!!! Sorry, on diet for three weeks :-) Btw. the SSC gym at Bedok no comments from staff, friendly, few of big guys = new motivation ;-)

jaslynk
Regular
Regular

Nice Trainer

Post by jaslynk » Sat, 13 May 2006 7:45 pm

Yap, and the trainer there is quite friendly. I was there browsing one evening, they asked me to take a look @ the gym without showing funny faces or treat me nicely. BTW, I am very skinny little girl. :P

jaslynk
Regular
Regular

Enjoy

Post by jaslynk » Sat, 13 May 2006 7:47 pm

Prochy wrote:Thanks to all. Tomorrow going for another SSC gym, i have just a light training to do. It is only 2.50 and equipment is not bad, saved money can spend on food!!!!!! Sorry, on diet for three weeks :-) Btw. the SSC gym at Bedok no comments from staff, friendly, few of big guys = new motivation ;-)
Prochy,
Hope you'll enjoy you training there. 8-)

Prochy

Post by Prochy » Sat, 13 May 2006 10:49 pm

Enjoyed? Are you kidding me? After five days with zero carbs in a row am always dying during my Fridays ;-) But the reward after is really sweet...

Well did about 30 mins of training in cycle, I do not dare to occupy few machines for longer than that (sorry to those guys there) and went off. Nice place, but packed esp. with beginners...