Singapore Expats

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 8:59 am

Shreked wrote:I'll just wait for my time to come then...you know what..sometimes i feel like i really dont want to serve ns because i cant wait to pursue my dream!THis dream has been in me for like 10 years! I just can't help it!
Oh be patient dude! sooner or later you'll definitely get to fly around the world!

2 years of NS is quite fast..you wont feel it.. and you can apply when a you are about to complete NS..

Goodluck..

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 9:04 am

singaporegrrl wrote:
Matt10 wrote:By the way, SIA only prefers Diploma and A level cert only? how about those who are ITE graduate or O level graduates?

Is there any difference for degree holder and non-degree holder?
"Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply."

That's way they stated in the ad for the upcoming walk-in interviews. I suggest those who are keen to go and have a try. Good luck!

Degree holders who are selected have a basic pay of an additional couple of hundred than those without a degree. Nevertheless, having a degree does not guarantee a place as a cabin crew.
I remember late last year, SIA was having a recruitment and they mentioned in the advertisement that those O level holders may apply but with 5 years of relevant working experience. I think it is such a long time.

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:56 pm

2 years are like 20 years for me...My wind just can't stop thinking about this 24*7!
I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 1:29 pm

Hi,

Same thinking with me also. I was also hoping to be a cabin crew. My mind was all about cabin crew. My work is not that so important and i just dont care about my job at all. But come to think of it, i cant totally focus of becoming a cabin crew. I have to stop thinking and concentrate on doing and getting my job done.

I also wish and really hope that one day i will also be a cabin crew just like everybody. Whenever see peoples been selected for the interview or been shortlisted, i was very envious and how i really wish that i will become of them too. Though i know that its totally crazy of just thinking to be a cabin crew.

If its yours, it will be yours. If its not yours, no matter how you want it or do any other to make it yours. It will still not be yours and wont come back to you.
Shreked wrote:2 years are like 20 years for me...My wind just can't stop thinking about this 24*7!

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 1:33 pm

Yeah it's actually called fate la..
2 days ago i went to Changi Airport, alone, after a CCA meeting.Looking at those Flight Attendants makes me like...crying.I can feel my eyes watery.Lol.Can't wait!
Some of my friends called me crazy cuz they told that i'm like crazy for a "not that executive" job. But no matter what people say, i'm gonna go after my dream with determination!
I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 4:16 pm

Shreked wrote:Yeah it's actually called fate la..
2 days ago i went to Changi Airport, alone, after a CCA meeting.Looking at those Flight Attendants makes me like...crying.I can feel my eyes watery.Lol.Can't wait!
Some of my friends called me crazy cuz they told that i'm like crazy for a "not that executive" job. But no matter what people say, i'm gonna go after my dream with determination!

You mentioned you had CCA meeting. Are you a student? Polytechnic?

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 6:26 pm

No.I'm now in ITE college East.
I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

ashie

Post by ashie » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 9:17 pm

Shreked wrote:No.I'm now in ITE college East.
really? what course are you in? a couple of my friends schooling there.

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:40 pm

Accounting.
I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sat, 29 Apr 2006 1:27 pm

chai ching wrote:Hi,

Same thinking with me also. I was also hoping to be a cabin crew. My mind was all about cabin crew. My work is not that so important and i just dont care about my job at all. But come to think of it, i cant totally focus of becoming a cabin crew. I have to stop thinking and concentrate on doing and getting my job done.

I also wish and really hope that one day i will also be a cabin crew just like everybody. Whenever see peoples been selected for the interview or been shortlisted, i was very envious and how i really wish that i will become of them too. Though i know that its totally crazy of just thinking to be a cabin crew.

If its yours, it will be yours. If its not yours, no matter how you want it or do any other to make it yours. It will still not be yours and wont come back to you.
Shreked wrote:2 years are like 20 years for me...My wind just can't stop thinking about this 24*7!
so did you go to SIA recruitment just now?

How about applying Rock Airway. just an experience. so you'll have better chance to get into SIA. :D

euniceh0

Post by euniceh0 » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:08 pm

has the application been close already?!?!?! i cant access into the website at all :x

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:12 pm

It's not closed. Just that the page is facing some error. Don't worry you still have tomorrow or you could email your resume and your photograph to [email protected].
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

euniceh0

Post by euniceh0 » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:24 pm

thx dearie...

btw wat u meant by i still hv tmr?? u mean the application closing soon??i had previosuly sent in my resume to tt addressee already.. but no reply :roll: haiz..... :(

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:27 pm

Yep. The application for the post of SilkAir flight stewardess must be submitted by 2nd May 2006. The other day I enquired about attaching my photograph with my application coz I couldn't find anywhere that I could attach it. They replied stating that I should send my resume and photograph to the mentioned email.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

euniceh0

Post by euniceh0 » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:30 pm

thank god... luckily i asked... otherwise i would hv miss a chance..
thank u soo much... i'll sent it over... :D best of luck to u and me!!!! :lol: