Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
erieo
Regular
Regular

Post by erieo » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 9:49 am

oceanmist wrote:
Matt10 wrote:hello.

so did anyone out there went to the SIA recruitment of stewardess?

care to tell us about the experience??

for Flight stewards interview tomorrow, i wish you guys all the best!
hi Matt,

I went, but it was at like 2pm. As from what I heard from the earlier interviewees, there was more than 2000 ppl.

But i can be pretty sure total no. of ppl who went into round 2 is 190++. And susprisingly round 2 was conducted right after round 1.

However, due to over-whelming response, the 5 panel of judges only managed to finish 80.

The balance will wait for emails to confirm on date, time and venue.

Regards,
Dee
Hi

Only 190+ gals make it to round 2?? And they conducted 2 rounds of interview in a day..wow seem like they are trying to speed up the process. 190+ proceeded to round 2 seems pretty low, imagine when they reaches the mgmt interview. By then with the elimination, guess not much remaining. Wonder how many more CC they needs...

Sighz I missed the walk-in again..for the second time!! Really believe in fate now..whenever they conducts a walk-in..I deem to have something impt to attend to :-|

For those going today. Best Luck

Cheers

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:45 am

oceanmist wrote:

hi Matt,

I went, but it was at like 2pm. As from what I heard from the earlier interviewees, there was more than 2000 ppl.

But i can be pretty sure total no. of ppl who went into round 2 is 190++. And susprisingly round 2 was conducted right after round 1.

However, due to over-whelming response, the 5 panel of judges only managed to finish 80.

Regards,
Dee
So did you make it to the round 2? all the best to you!

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 12:33 pm

Matt10 wrote:
oceanmist wrote:

hi Matt,

Regards,
Dee
So did you make it to the round 2? all the best to you!
Yeah I made it... but the interviewers are really not that demanding.
you'll get through as long as you look average (or better), speak proper english and smile very hard (I must have looked like a loony).
Thanks for the luck, i need that!

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 12:54 pm

erieo wrote:
oceanmist wrote:

hi Matt,

Regards,
Dee
Hi

Only 190+ gals make it to round 2?? And they conducted 2 rounds of interview in a day..wow seem like they are trying to speed up the process. 190+ proceeded to round 2 seems pretty low, imagine when they reaches the mgmt interview. By then with the elimination, guess not much remaining. Wonder how many more CC they needs...

Sighz I missed the walk-in again..for the second time!! Really believe in fate now..whenever they conducts a walk-in..I deem to have something impt to attend to :-|

For those going today. Best Luck

Cheers
Hi there,

yup only 190+ managed to proceed. But I think they did not expect so many people cause the recruiting ad was only published on their website. Thus, they have arranged for second round to be conducted on the same day.

I was totally unprepared for round two! Thank god i went there much later so my number was like 180+. Was told to go home and wait for their email for further notice.

The helpers there actually suggested group interviews for round two to speed things up, but was rejected by the interviewers. I'm glad this didn't happened... Otherwise it'll be so unfair to ppl like me who went there later! SIA really has superb service standard~

Regards

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 12:57 pm

Hi there,

yup only 190+ managed to proceed. But I think they did not expect so many people cause the recruiting ad was only published on their website. Thus, they have arranged for second round to be conducted on the same day.

I was totally unprepared for round two! Thank god i went there much later so my number was like 180+. Was told to go home and wait for their email for further notice.

The helpers there actually suggested group interviews for round two to speed things up, but was rejected by the interviewers. I'm glad this didn't happened... Otherwise it'll be so unfair to ppl like me who went there later! SIA really has superb service standard~

Regards[/quote]

Nope. It was published in the newspaper too.

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 1:55 pm

Really?
Oh... I didn't notice. well, maybe that explains the usual crowd.
Yesterday was my first interview, I'm not sure if previous interviews conducted was that chaotic. But everything was a mess.
And I stood on heels for hours waiting for my queue number (then told to go home and wait)
gosh. Totally ruined my plans for sat night.

Brian CZC

Post by Brian CZC » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 3:43 pm

Made it to the 2nd round.

Reached there about 9.15am and was in group 27. By the time I went into the interview room, there were still up to group 50 I guess. It was around 11 plus liao. So I guess about 500 ppl today. My group got 3 of us advanced while group 29 had 2. So about 5/20 will make it to round 2. At this rate, about 125 will advance to round 2.

Just hope that the letter/email for our next round will come soon [-o< And to those that did not make it this time round, don't be disheartened. This is my 3rd attempt and I believe that with patience and preserverance, we WILL make it eventually!

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 3:45 pm

So the applicantion for steward position is lesser than stewardess!

And by the way, goodluck!!

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 4:06 pm

Go for it people!My support and prayers will always with you!
I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

Sheryl

Post by Sheryl » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:10 pm

Brian CZC, i've also made it to the second round. but have to wait for their email. :(

oceanmist, congrats for going through the second round. From the forum, i know that they'll ask about our lifestyle,family and also noting down the english. Mind asking what questions are expected for the one to one interview? Anything that i should avoid saying? What are they expecting from my answer?

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Mon, 01 May 2006 12:06 am

Sheryl wrote:Brian CZC, i've also made it to the second round. but have to wait for their email. :(

oceanmist, congrats for going through the second round. From the forum, i know that they'll ask about our lifestyle,family and also noting down the english. Mind asking what questions are expected for the one to one interview? Anything that i should avoid saying? What are they expecting from my answer?
Hi Sheryl,

from information i gathered, the interviwers will probably ask you anything under the sun (e.g "what's your fav movie?" or "where will you bring a foreign friend when he/she vists Singapore?")

If you've got customer service experience, they'll probe deeper into it. And you've got to think about why you really wanna join SIA to be a FA (pls don't say you wanna fulfill your childhood dreams or you love travelling kinda thing)

Yup... something like that. It's my first attempt too, haven't been through it but that's what I heard form friends who had been there, done that.

Pls correct me if I'm wrong. Hope this helps. Thanks!

Regards

aniqma

Post by aniqma » Mon, 01 May 2006 1:58 pm

Hello,

I came early for the interview at around 08.40am and cleared my 2nd interview =) The one to one interview basically asked me about SIA, why i want to join them and so forth.And i was also asked to read a short passage. I expected those questions so my interview was somehow a breeze.

I'm going for my 3rd interview that is the water confidence test this thursday. And if i pass, i will proceed to the kebaya fitting followed by the psychometric test. =)

Wish me luck ppl! =)

xu5w

Post by xu5w » Mon, 01 May 2006 2:25 pm

Hey gals, just wanna share my experience .

I got into the 2nd rnd but was eliminated. lol..

When it was my turn after 4hrs of waiting, i opened up the door and i could feel this strong "evil" atmosphere in the room. I greeted the interviewer, and she IGNORED me, didnt even looked at me... My god.. She wasnt looking very good the moment i open up the door, she didnt smile at all.. She asked me a couple of questions and i did answer it properly. And guess what she said "OK, you may leave now." I had the "HaR??" look on my face. I was thinking wad? how abt the passage reading and all?

The 2nd interview doesnt seems to be the same as what is mention here, like ask you abt your lifestyle, why you join, etc.. She didnt even try to make the interview comfortable. Guess she is in some PMS mood yea..

Well, i guess its my luck that sat.. hee.. Good luck to all who had made it to the 3rd round.

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Mon, 01 May 2006 3:27 pm

xu5w,

maybe the interviewer was very exhausted after hours of interviewing applicants. I feel it is quite unfair for you. However, you can always try again. I think write-in is better than walk-in.

aniqma,

congrats to you! you are so lucky to be selected and i hope you will make it and be a FA for SIA. I wish you all the best for thursday's test and dont forget to tell us more about the swimming test etc.

goodbye! :D

Sheryl

Post by Sheryl » Mon, 01 May 2006 6:27 pm

oceanmist, thanks for your advice...

aniqma, congrats knowing you passed the interviews. by the way, will you be given a life vest for that round? if not, need to trap water or not?

xu5w, sorry to hear that. Agreed with Matt10 that it's unfair to you. The interviewers were too tired. The interviewers didn't look up at all when all the girls in my group for the first round were doing self intro. Geez.. feel like i'm on the fence and will go on either side depending on the wind, in this case, mood.

At least you know the results that day. i have to wait and worry if they would email me for the 2nd round. looking at aniqma's coming test is on thursday, i'm more panicking and anxious now... :shock: