Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 1:47 am

simplexxmind wrote:what are the chances of a cabin crew from JAL trying for SQ? :?
Why don't you apply and find out?

Plavt.

dyra

Post by dyra » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 2:22 am

simplexxmind wrote:what are the chances of a cabin crew from JAL trying for SQ? :?
give it a try. the chances of getting in are quite high cos u have experiences. there are quite a number of ex-JAL girls now flying with SIA...

all the best. =)

magrit

Post by magrit » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:17 pm

hi there!

hey anyone who went for interview in jan this year? i m thinking abt applying again this time but sad to say its not over 6 mths yet. Wat are the chances of getting in? anyone who applied within e six mths going for this weekend's interview again?

Brian CZC

Post by Brian CZC » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 2:25 pm

VT wrote:
Brian CZC wrote:
VT wrote:Hi Brian CZC, FYI: i emailed cathay to ask them about the remunerations and contract info cos their website is not as detailed as Emirates. Here's what they reply..
Yap. I was only refering to the slight differences I know between Contract and Bond. I may be wrong. So in case you are given the contract then you know can resign in the middle or not.

But honestly, contract or bond, i won't mind! 8-)
Hmm.. You are right regarding the diff between contract and bond. Soyou going for this weekend's interview? :)
Yap. sunday one. going to fail again... :twisted: haha... cuz of my skin condition lah... :-|

magrit: this thing about 6 months in between, i heard a rumour/one airline website before that says that we need not apply if we had applied 6 months before. but SIA did not say anything or was it on the website. Plus I've applied on oct 2005 and jan 2006, and went for both the interviews (failed lah...) before , so no worries. JUST GO! at most chase us out loh... right?

magrit

Post by magrit » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 2:36 pm

hey brian CZC, yup! tat was wat i was thinking abt too... cuz they did not state in e ad so hmm..... hope we tat will be welcomed ya! :p anyway i just dun wanna waste time go there then in the end the reason i m out is because its not over 6 mths yet... but hm... guess i will still be going cuz this is wat i want... so suppose u r going for the steward interview?

Brian CZC

Post by Brian CZC » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 2:47 pm

magrit wrote:hey brian CZC, yup! tat was wat i was thinking abt too... cuz they did not state in e ad so hmm..... hope we tat will be welcomed ya! :p anyway i just dun wanna waste time go there then in the end the reason i m out is because its not over 6 mths yet... but hm... guess i will still be going cuz this is wat i want... so suppose u r going for the steward interview?
yap. definitely. missed the feb one because i had company retreat. damn...
but something's holding me back this time.... fear of failure again bah... but still gonna do my best! (I hope)

blur me

Post by blur me » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 2:51 pm

Brian CZC ... what do you mean you fail because of your skin condition? :o how is your skin condition? allergic? :???:
    enjoy life fullest

Mikochan

Post by Mikochan » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 2:54 pm

Chances varies. Some ex crews got in, whilst some did not. It all boils down to how well you present yourself on that day. Luck counts at times. Not necessary you are a crew, you will get in for sure. I've seen ex crews who did not even make it through round 2. Good luck to you on Saturday! By the way, I am an ex JAL crew turned SQ.

magrit

Post by magrit » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 3:24 pm

okie brian CZC, i wish u all e best! dont let anything hold u back if this is wat u dream of.... just try ur best!! im also going to try n it will be my second time! so i will keep my fingers cross! :)

Brian CZC

Post by Brian CZC » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 3:43 pm

blur me: rough, pimple scar face :(
    magrit: thanks! and all the best to you too! :wink:

QuietStorm

Post by QuietStorm » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 4:11 pm

hi guys!!! those goin for e steward interview, do u guys hav min dip?
    Humans make mistakes, but they make silly mistakes...

blur me

Post by blur me » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 4:35 pm

brian czc : ohh my god !!! then i cant get in also. my face now reli sucks!! also have pimples and scar. reli cant get in? anyway juz can try my best out there.
    enjoy life fullest

Brian CZC

Post by Brian CZC » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 4:42 pm

QuietStorm: I got dip in business.

blur me: No such thing lah! It's the confidence factor I'm worried about. That's why I'm always trying my luck :/

Matt10
    Chatter
    Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 4:43 pm

hey,

If your face condition is really bad, why dont you wait for the next recruitment?

I have seen some junior flight steward(light blue jacket) whose faces have quite alot of holes. But no pimple.

blur me

Post by blur me » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 4:49 pm

Matt10 wrote:hey,

If your face condition is really bad, why dont you wait for the next recruitment?

I have seen some junior flight steward(light blue jacket) whose faces have quite alot of holes. But no pimple.
    Matt10: I just want to know the difference between the next recruitment and tomorrow recruitment. Why need to wait for next recruitment?
    enjoy life fullest