Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
VT
Regular
Regular

Post by VT » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 5:19 pm

Hmmmm... So, is there any kind soul here that can give me advice on how to choose between SQ, emirates and cathay? I've put up a post on this before but no one bother about me. :( too engrossed in other topics.
I'm having a dilemma due to the following factors:
1) Have a personal goal to save up money.
2) Doesn't feel safe or comfortable with signing a bond although have the intention of staying for few years.
3) Has no prob or commitment in having a base overseas.
And any other factors which you guys can think of.
I'm not sure if i should go for the interview this sat for SQ or should i just aim at emirates only, which is difficult to get in, plus their recruitment is lesser. Cathay, i'm not sure cos can't find details on their web, dun even know if they have a bond ot not.
Taking into account that i'm prepared to be a crew and fully understand what responsibilities and situations a crew will face.
What will your advice be?
Is there anyone out there who have the same prob as me? What will you do?
SOMEBODY HELP ME.. :?
Last edited by VT on Wed, 26 Apr 2006 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blur me

curious

Post by blur me » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 5:21 pm

im just curious about SIA interview that will be held this weekend. think of to walk in interview. i need some info about the interview. the progress maybe? i've pass through all the comments and its quite good to know more before i decided to go on with my decision.

VT
Regular
Regular

Re: curious

Post by VT » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 5:40 pm

blur me wrote:im just curious about SIA interview that will be held this weekend. think of to walk in interview. i need some info about the interview. the progress maybe? i've pass through all the comments and its quite good to know more before i decided to go on with my decision.
hihi.... what i know about the walk in interview is that you will need to give a short intro of yourself. That is the preliminary round. If pass thru this round, i think it will take few days for the 2nd round. It's a long wait so be prepared to spend the whole day there cos it will definitely be flooded by humans.. :) As for the 2nd round of interview and stuff.. i think you have to read the previous posts around 381-384. Cos there's a lot of post from those who experience all the interviews.

VT
Regular
Regular

Post by VT » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 5:48 pm

blur me wrote:im just curious about SIA interview that will be held this weekend. think of to walk in interview. i need some info about the interview. the progress maybe? i've pass through all the comments and its quite good to know more before i decided to go on with my decision.
Hey.. found this for you on previous posts, before page 379. Hope it helps.
FYI: there's also a water confidence test where you got to jump down from two storey high with life jacket on. Forgot which stage of interview is that.
1. Introduction in a group interview, you need to introduce yourself
2. One on One interview, they want to know more about your life and your family
3. Psychotest and English Test
4. Panel Interview, there are 3 people ask you several question, they want to know your seriousness, your life, your family, your education and everything
5. Kebaya Test. They see wether you have any scar and stuff that shown after you put the kebaya on. well for this stage, i got some friend who are too chubby and failed on this stage. Some of them on the border because they have wide shoulder and big hips.

So i think SIA only want a good propotion of body. Me, myself got complained and have to lose some weight. But the give me a chance to try. Also watch out about your make up, hair, shoes and dress. Some of them got complain because of this.

vivi
Regular
Regular

Post by vivi » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 6:22 pm

VT wrote:Hmmmm... So, is there any kind soul here that can give me advice on how to choose between SQ, emirates and cathay? I've put up a post on this before but no one bother about me. :( too engrossed in other topics.
2) Doesn't feel safe or comfortable with signing a bond although have the intention of staying for few years.
I'm not sure if i should go for the interview this sat for SQ or should i just aim at emirates only, which is difficult to get in, plus their recruitment is lesser. Cathay, i'm not sure cos can't find details on their web, dun even know if they have a bond ot not.
Taking into account that i'm prepared to be a crew and fully understand what responsibilities and situations a crew will face.
hi, if you are really keen, why dont you just give it a try? I mean it is ok to try out the different airlines. I mean to be truthful, you may not be able to get in during the first attempt. So just cast your net wider and get more exposure. :wink:

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 6:39 pm

Goodluck for this weekend's interview. Be very early ok..

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 7:33 pm

VT wrote:
Hey.. found this for you on previous posts, before page 379. Hope it helps.
FYI: there's also a water confidence test where you got to jump down from two storey high with life jacket on. Forgot which stage of interview is that.
1. Introduction in a group interview, you need to introduce yourself
2. One on One interview, they want to know more about your life and your family
3. Psychotest and English Test
4. Panel Interview, there are 3 people ask you several question, they want to know your seriousness, your life, your family, your education and everything
5. Kebaya Test. They see wether you have any scar and stuff that shown after you put the kebaya on. well for this stage, i got some friend who are too chubby and failed on this stage. Some of them on the border because they have wide shoulder and big hips.

So i think SIA only want a good propotion of body. Me, myself got complained and have to lose some weight. But the give me a chance to try. Also watch out about your make up, hair, shoes and dress. Some of them got complain because of this.

Hi VT,

Think there are some changes as compared to yours.

1st Round : Self introduction in a grp of 10...usually the average passin rate is 4 out of 10. :???:

2nd Round : 1 to 1 interivew. :)

3th Round : Water confidence. Jump from a 2-storey high mock plane and swim to the other side of the pool. Average no one will get eliminated in this round. :lol: But nevertheless, there were past cases where 1 or 2 will get eliminated...

4th Round : Kebaya fitting and skin check. (One of the 2nd killer round where the 2 beauticians will check your complexion and the back of the neck.) Average they will eliminate half of the grp. FYI, there was a time when there were only 17 out of 60 passed thru this Round. :o

5th Round : Psychotest . Usually no one will fail in this round. :D

6th Round : Management interview (which is the top killer round ). Average 5 out of 12 will get thru. However, do bear in the mind that there were cases in the past where 9 out of 14 got thru.. :wink:

7th Round : Tea Party ( Ppls do get eliminated during this Round where the interviewers will observe and look at how u speak and present urself) :o

Hope this will help those who are goin for this sat walk-in interview. :wink: ..at least you are mentally prepare to face all the rounds . All the rounds of the interviews will take about 1 or 2 mths to complete ...GooD luckZZZzZz :D

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 7:46 pm

[quote="VT3. Psychotest .

Me, myself got complained and have to lose some weight. But the give me a chance to try. Also watch out about your make up, hair, shoes and dress. Some of them got complain because of this.[/quote]

Yes, indeed . . .

Me, myself got complained - - - Are you referring to Joan Armatrading Me, Myself, I ?

Do they them their test english as well?

'nuff said Image

VT
Regular
Regular

Post by VT » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 7:48 pm

vivi wrote:
VT wrote:Hmmmm... So, is there any kind soul here that can give me advice on how to choose between SQ, emirates and cathay? I've put up a post on this before but no one bother about me. :( too engrossed in other topics.
hi, if you are really keen, why dont you just give it a try? I mean it is ok to try out the different airlines. I mean to be truthful, you may not be able to get in during the first attempt. So just cast your net wider and get more exposure. :wink:
hehee... thanks ya... yap, i know. I'm not thick skin enough to think that i will get in the first attempt. But was just contemplating, cos i dun wish to waste my time or the interviewer's time if i dun have the intention of going in SIA. It's because of the bond that's holding me back. I just want to be safe, just in case something really very unpleasant or it can be anything that lead to me breaking the bond or hanging on just because of the bond, quite scary man.. :P

VT
Regular
Regular

Post by VT » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 7:52 pm

Vaucluse wrote:[quote="VT3. Psychotest .

Me, myself got complained and have to lose some weight. But the give me a chance to try. Also watch out about your make up, hair, shoes and dress. Some of them got complain because of this.
Yes, indeed . . .

Me, myself got complained - - - Are you referring to Joan Armatrading Me, Myself, I ?

Do they them their test english as well?[/quote]

Hmmm... i dunno what you mean.. But i copy and paste the info from one of the previous pages to help 'blur me' withhis/her question. So whatever error in the spelling or grammar got nothing to do with me ya. I'm just helping to clear our new friend's doubts. :wink:

pandora

Post by pandora » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 8:32 pm

VT wrote:
vivi wrote:
hehee... thanks ya... yap, i know. I'm not thick skin enough to think that i will get in the first attempt. But was just contemplating, cos i dun wish to waste my time or the interviewer's time if i dun have the intention of going in SIA. It's because of the bond that's holding me back. I just want to be safe, just in case something really very unpleasant or it can be anything that lead to me breaking the bond or hanging on just because of the bond, quite scary man.. :P
You need to think it through before applying. If you are really keen and serious about it, then the bond should not hold you back. But then again, if you are even thinking about the possibility of breaking bond... then you may not be ready to take on the job.

Think positive (aside from unforeseen circumstances), if you enjoy the work, the bond period would be over before you know it. A lot of things can happen during training or even when you start to fly solo. Whatever it is, the bond should not be the reason you choose a job or hang on to it. If that's the case, then you would be stuck (and miserable) in a job that you do not enjoy. Putting it simply, to count the days when the bond would be over so that you could leave; that would be like a prisoner counting down to his release, right? :)

You are wise to recognise that you need to think it through. All the best to you!
Be mild with the mild, shrewd with the crafty, confiding to the honest, rough to the ruffian, and a thunderbolt to the liar. But in all this, never be unmindful of your own dignity. - John Brown

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Re: ..

Post by Paige » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:16 pm

Cheesie wrote:hI FA wannabes.. I just met my SQ friend! Humpz.. she say that on this sat, SIA are taking in 200 peoples only.. and as for those on jan walk-in but havent got their training dates ones, DUN worries.. cos they now not enough trainer to train, so got to wait.. so i doubt this coming sat interview would be fast! Might be dragging bout 1 whole month.. mmm the training too... :shock:

This is what i heard from my friend who now having training... COrrect me if wrong infomations.. :oops:
Hi Chessie,

The walk-in was in Feb.. :wink:
Btw, my friend who went for the walk-in already had her training date.. it's on 23rd May..

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

tuber

Post by tuber » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:28 pm

Twinklez27 wrote:
Cheesie wrote:hI FA wannabes.. I just met my SQ friend! Humpz.. she say that on this sat, SIA are taking in 200 peoples only.. and as for those on jan walk-in but havent got their training dates ones, DUN worries.. cos they now not enough trainer to train, so got to wait.. so i doubt this coming sat interview would be fast! Might be dragging bout 1 whole month.. mmm the training too... :shock:

This is what i heard from my friend who now having training... COrrect me if wrong infomations.. :oops:
oh my god!! which means if the turn out rate is almost the same as the last recruitment drive..which totals up to almost 2000 people..it will mean that...only 1 out of a group of 10 will be selected..that is the worst scenario! :shock:

let's pray it will not be a chaos on that day~! :cry:
I tink its much more than 2000 people. Remember.. there are some changes to the criteria.

Brian CZC

Post by Brian CZC » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:06 am

tuber wrote:
Twinklez27 wrote:

oh my god!! which means if the turn out rate is almost the same as the last recruitment drive..which totals up to almost 2000 people..it will mean that...only 1 out of a group of 10 will be selected..that is the worst scenario! :shock:

let's pray it will not be a chaos on that day~! :cry:
I tink its much more than 2000 people. Remember.. there are some changes to the criteria.
What changes?

vivi
Regular
Regular

Post by vivi » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:33 am

Hi gal FYI:
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome candidates from all walks of life to apply for the position so long as they are able to fulfill our minimum entry requirements as stated on http://careers.cathaypacific.com. However, we do not have any current plans to extend our recruitment activities to Singapore. If you are applying to Hong Kong base, you must first possess the Right of Abode in this territory (carrying Permanent Resident status) and must also satisfy other entry requirements.
Thank you again for your interest in Cathay Pacific
hope it helps :wink: