Singapore Expats

Tiger Airways Interview

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Mon, 24 Apr 2006 8:00 pm

Plavt wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:Can you study while being an FA in Emirates??
Just wondering...
Why not? Ever heard of the Open University?

http://www.open.ac.uk/about/ou/p5.shtml

Have a look Queenie it might be useful

Plavt.
Thanks Plavt.

I don't think Open University have the course I want to pursue. I want to do my BA in Dance.

Well everybody, I'll think about it. I will have to choose between studies or emirates.

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 10:33 pm

If you want to join the Arts, why not LaSalle SIA or Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts. But LaSalle is very expensive. NAFA is affordable.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:03 pm

I think she has her education route planned out. Only dithering on BA or Emirates first. Is that right QM?
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 9:51 am

Matt10 wrote:If you want to join the Arts, why not LaSalle SIA or Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts. But LaSalle is very expensive. NAFA is affordable.
sorry matt10 don't want to further my studies in singapore. and yeah LaSalle is damn expensive. NAFA - not interested.

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 9:51 am

singaporegrrl wrote:I think she has her education route planned out. Only dithering on BA or Emirates first. Is that right QM?
yup. either one. i only could pick after a year. so, i still have time to decide. ;)

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:34 am

Hi,

You mean recently you just got a place in an international airline. How do you get it in one? Where do you have your interview at? Or is it that you ask around?
queenie-me wrote:Just to clear everyone's mind: yes, i just recently got a place in an international airline [if u want me to disclose, Emirates]. and yes, i want to further my studies. I still haven't decide yet? If i don't wish to continue my career as a FA then I want to further my studies and go to the field I want to pursue. It all depends after a year.

Now, everyone got it? [he he]

Mel Jan

Post by Mel Jan » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 1:10 pm

Can u guys beat this. I got selected. But they want to start training on the 18 May. I am currently working and need to give a month's notice. So upset, i got to turn it down. Unfair isn't it? :cry: They told me to wait for the next intake. Sigh.......

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 1:12 pm

Mel Jan wrote:Can u guys beat this. I got selected. But they want to start training on the 18 May. I am currently working and need to give a month's notice. So upset, i got to turn it down. Unfair isn't it? :cry: They told me to wait for the next intake. Sigh.......
And when will the next intake be?
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 1:23 pm

Thats really so sad for you. Really have to let it gone to a waste. Rarely and hardly that now you have been selected but end up cant go for their training. Is this your first time apply for Tigerair?

They want to start traning cuz they need crews so much. Thats why thats the reason. (Think should be like that if im not wrong). But correct me if im wrong. Correct when's their next intake will be coming again? Since they ask you to wait for their next coming intake again. Pls kindly advice. Thank you very much!

Mel Jan wrote:Can u guys beat this. I got selected. But they want to start training on the 18 May. I am currently working and need to give a month's notice. So upset, i got to turn it down. Unfair isn't it? :cry: They told me to wait for the next intake. Sigh.......

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 3:01 pm

chai ching wrote:Hi,

You mean recently you just got a place in an international airline. How do you get it in one? Where do you have your interview at? Or is it that you ask around?
queenie-me wrote:Just to clear everyone's mind: yes, i just recently got a place in an international airline [if u want me to disclose, Emirates]. and yes, i want to further my studies. I still haven't decide yet? If i don't wish to continue my career as a FA then I want to further my studies and go to the field I want to pursue. It all depends after a year.

I got to know one of my cousin's friend is one of the interviewer for emirates in Singapore, a chinese man. [name shall not be mentioned]. I gave him my resume cause he said even thou I am not 21 yet, he will try to get a place slot for me. Definitely, I have to go thru the same phase as everybody [interview rounds]. He will help me throughout the phase and help to get the position. But of course, if i, myself fail throughout the interview rounds. definitely, i can't blame him for not helping. So, it's all up to me and him and the rest of the interviewers.

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 3:03 pm

chai ching wrote:Thats really so sad for you. Really have to let it gone to a waste. Rarely and hardly that now you have been selected but end up cant go for their training. Is this your first time apply for Tigerair?

They want to start traning cuz they need crews so much. Thats why thats the reason. (Think should be like that if im not wrong). But correct me if im wrong. Correct when's their next intake will be coming again? Since they ask you to wait for their next coming intake again. Pls kindly advice. Thank you very much!
hey... yes, they need more crews because two more or one more airplanes are coming up. and more destinations are coming. and as you can see tigerairways are growing. thats why they need crews. i'll try to find out whether there's anymore intake coming in.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 3:22 pm

Hmm.... like that i see. Is it when you have started flying at TigerAir then you happen to know one of your cousin's friend? By the way, you are holding O level or diploma cert. Wow so good of that interviewer. Somemore you are the youngest one in Emirates. Correct? So have you start your training yet or already been flying? But you just join Tigerair a while only right.

Then you just quite. Need to pay the bond? How long did you join tigerair?
queenie-me wrote:
chai ching wrote:Hi,

I got to know one of my cousin's friend is one of the interviewer for emirates in Singapore, a chinese man. [name shall not be mentioned]. I gave him my resume cause he said even thou I am not 21 yet, he will try to get a place slot for me. Definitely, I have to go thru the same phase as everybody [interview rounds]. He will help me throughout the phase and help to get the position. But of course, if i, myself fail throughout the interview rounds. definitely, i can't blame him for not helping. So, it's all up to me and him and the rest of the interviewers.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 3:34 pm

Really? Thank you so much for your kindness! Really appreciate it so much! How come i also did try to apply for tigerair also. But not selected and didnt even receive their call also. Dont know whats the reason?
queenie-me wrote:
chai ching wrote:Thats really so sad for you. Really have to let it gone to a waste. Rarely and hardly that now you have been selected but end up cant go for their training. Is this your first time apply for Tigerair?

hey... yes, they need more crews because two more or one more airplanes are coming up. and more destinations are coming. and as you can see tigerairways are growing. thats why they need crews. i'll try to find out whether there's anymore intake coming in.

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Post by Scorpion » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 3:39 pm

Seem need some more effort'z in preparing your cover letters, better get some tips from ur senior's on the forum :)
chai ching wrote:Really? Thank you so much for your kindness! Really appreciate it so much! How come i also did try to apply for tigerair also. But not selected and didnt even receive their call also. Dont know whats the reason?
queenie-me wrote:

When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

Mel Jan

Post by Mel Jan » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 4:17 pm

:cry: :cry: Thanks Guys.....
Quennie..... I was told the next intake is prob in Aug or Sept. Would appreciate if you can find out for me. So dissapointed you know.....
Really want to go back flying. Miss it badly.