Singapore Expats

Liposuction in Bangkok

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 7:14 pm

tiki wrote:Good to know that at least none think liposuction is a procedure to alter your lips jolie-like.

..for now that is.

It's called the Mick Jagger syndrome.

Actually, the last time I had a fat lip was when my ex-wife smacked me in the mouth with a phone.
Had to suck liquids through a straw for a while.

And that, children, is where you get lipposuction from.

(As far as confinement goes - how are you supposed to regain your figure by doing sweet FA? Use some logic. The best way for your tummy to get down to a smaller size is to breastfeed, but this is the wrong crowd to hear logic)

'nuff said Image

jacebreen

Post by jacebreen » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 9:14 pm

I am going to California fitness. Been doing Body for life religiously for the last 6 months - 6 days a week and the diet. I have not done the confinement - I'd only instructed the maid to cook food with lots of ginger and nothing else (Don't dare to try the liver, pigs trotters etc). Have lost most of my weight except for the remaining 5 kgs. Nothing I do seems to be effective. My weight does not bother me, it's the fats that are protruding that does.

The fats that I have are very prominent as I am petitie with small bones. I am doing lipo purely for sculpturing my body especially around the tummy area as 3 c-sections have seriously stretched the muscles and the tummy is very flabby.

singal

Post by singal » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 1:13 am

jacebreen wrote:Hi Singal,

I WILL NOT blame you for the decision :)

Of course, will have to consider all options carefully. The op still has to be safe and the doc reputable. I am just not scared of being awake. Will google on the dangers of being awake during the op.

Thanks for your help!
Hi jacebreen,

iv'e asked my friends and the doct's name is Dr. Thep in Pratunam polyclinic. she told me it's oppposite Indra Regent hotel and just a few doors from 7-11, you might wanna check it out. ask for his creditials before you commit, i haven't been but it all sounds very scary. keep in touch.

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 2:48 am

Vaucluse wrote:[

(As far as confinement goes - how are you supposed to regain your figure by doing sweet FA? Use some logic. The best way for your tummy to get down to a smaller size is to breastfeed, but this is the wrong crowd to hear logic)
Vaucluse, I do get it Okie. It is an old wives tale floating around that confinement help the women to contract back to original shape. Of course, there is no scientific basis. I was just playing along with the tale and gathering data/statistic of my own.

Anyway, the rationale may be that when the woman is fully rested, her body gets the chance to recuperate and rejuvenute, speeding up recovery. Once again, groundless theory.

I have come across events where things/customs that does work seemingly, despite defying conventional wisdom. I am not so quick to dismiss things so easily. However, due to lack of concrete proof, I am not so quick become a believer either.
Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:
earthfriendly wrote: Full bedrest , total relaxation, special bath and diet etc.....

I am trying to understand if there is truth in the fact that women who do confinement have better chances of regaining their figure (not 100 % of course).
Sounds like it would have the opposite effect...
Milk production burns a lot of energy. That's one reason why the woman is encouraged to eat like a cow.

I am aware of many women that regain their figures and they have done the confinement thing. Once again, should not draw a correlation just like that. Need proofs to support or de-support this belief.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 8:14 am

singal wrote:
jacebreen wrote:Hi Singal,

I WILL NOT blame you for the decision :)

Of course, will have to consider all options carefully. The op still has to be safe and the doc reputable. I am just not scared of being awake. Will google on the dangers of being awake during the op.

Thanks for your help!
Hi jacebreen,

iv'e asked my friends and the doct's name is Dr. Thep in Pratunam polyclinic. she told me it's oppposite Indra Regent hotel and just a few doors from 7-11, you might wanna check it out. ask for his creditials before you commit, i haven't been but it all sounds very scary. keep in touch.
Almost like a real address . . . . next to the 7-11! Yup, I'll have surgery there.

Earthfriendly, I believe a lot of these so-caled traditional quirks are not that traditional. If you look at Chinese society and history you will find that women were a major part in the workforce and certainly would not have had a month off. I asked my mother-in-law and she was back at work the day after each of her 7 kids.

Here's one of many stories about conception, birth and confinement:

"I ate 50 or 60 eggs when I had my eldest child, I ate 100 eggs when I had my daughter. My older son's wife ate 200 or 300 eggs when she gave birth to my grandson. It was in the 13th in the first month of lunar calendar. My son's wife in Mancheng ate 1,000 eggs when she was in confinement. I helped her to eat them; otherwise the eggs would go bad. So I ate more eggs than I did in confinement."
Sumei, F/62, China 36

'nuff said Image

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 1:36 pm

My mom gave birth to 6 babies (2 were adopted by relatives) and did confinement, despite her very busy life. She had to help run the shop, take care of kids, clean and do housekeeping. Not sure if she did it for all her pregnancies. My paternal grandmother did it for her.

My mom's in her 70's. Both my confinement maids went thru confinement themselves and they are in their 50's and 60's. It is a practice taken seriously by the hongkongers, taiwanese, singers and malaysian chinese, at least starting from my mom's generation.

Why am I not surprised that the eggs quote from a mainlanders? I interviewed 2 mainlander elderly for confinement position and when I questioned what kind of confinement meals they would prepare for me, they said they would cook eggs. That's a giveaway they don't really know how to prepare confinement meals. My girlfriend also got the same response when she interviewed other mainlanders for confinement position.

If labor is required from the women during confinement period, I would imagine those women probably have to do a modified (or none?) instead of a full confinement.

There's also scenario like my sister and friends. They cannot tahan (tolerate) resting in bed the whole time and will "cheat". To each his own. I did my own cheating too, surf too much on the internet and the confinement lady chided me for it :wink: .