Singapore Expats

Oh happy day!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Oh happy day!

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 9:06 am

Sapphire and Vaucluse all on the same day. I'm walking on air!

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiki » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 9:08 am

Hmmm yes...

I'm calling Internal Affairs. :wink:
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Post by madwolfie » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 9:13 am

Yipee! :love:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 9:14 am

Hello Mary (you are really sweet) - have a few hours to spare as TripleM has decided to turn night into day and day into night. Sleep only when light, wake only wehn dark.
If only she'd had a womb with a view (boom-boom) and knew the difference . . .

Eric, the nappy changing is ok until she eats solids . . . and we are still sticking to cloth nappies at home during the day - interesting results at times. i thought only boys were capable of 'making a fountain' when changeing . . .

Wolfie - wow, thank you!

I've kept up with the board, of course, and am quite pleased that the level has risen dramatically since a few of us departed for a holiday. I particularly like the kissing when clubbing post.
I agree wholeheartedly that it's a problem. What can result in kissing, indeed, when you're piss-drunk and flying from crack.
Kissing should be outlawed.

Not sure how long I can stay, but I'll try to drop in. Almost like moving out of home the first time.

tiki - - - 8-) how ya doin'?

'nuff said Image

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiki » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 9:18 am

I'm being good Captain V......

been behaving even in the cosmetic surgery and FA thread.

For now... :cool:
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 3:35 pm

Vaucluse,

Since you're awake in the dark, shed some light over there on the dark side?

All support is welcome, it's a tough job with these lost souls.

Eric

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 3:59 pm

I think you're fighting the war just fine without me - one gets a new perpective on life as a new parent, Eric. One tends to accept all those around us, with their loittle quirks and idiosyncracies. Those little foibles and cute differences.

Oh? THAT dark side? Those numbnuts who think they can get a personality by having double eyelids, a straight nose and plastic boobs?

Okay, I'll be over there right away!! :)

'nuff said Image

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by EADG » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:17 am

hey Vauvau, good to see you back, it was getting dull without you, Mary and Sapph

you seem to have the same glow about you as my coworker who just had his first child last week, he literally beamed when he happened by my office

similar to you, he said simply, '...it just puts everything else into perspecitve...", smiled, and floated away

...I gotta get to work on one of those of my own...

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by EADG » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:44 am

sorry, that sounded a little arrogant on my part, there are certainly others that keep the threads interesting whose posts I value, but still good to have you all back

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 1:13 am

Vaucluse wrote: - one gets a new perpective on life as a new parent, Eric. One tends to accept all those around us, with their loittle quirks and idiosyncracies. Those little foibles and cute differences.
Wow ! What a nice change! Wonder how long you can keep it up :mrgreen: .

Just kidding lah !

Yes, when I get the big picture (about LIFE), little things do not bother me as much anymore. I used to be much more combative myself too. In fact, I am the most aggresive person within my circle of friends and family. You should hear them with their friendly advice/reminders to me to let things go, not be so harsh and accept things the way it is. I rebel even more with I see them taking things lying low. Ha, ha, ha, then comes age, kids and wisdom. I become more receptive to their advice. I also notice these people have a better equilibrium than I do. It is nice not to be constantly battling the world for a change ! Or maybe I don't have as much energy for it anymore :wink: .

Btw, welcome back.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 8:43 am

EADG wrote:sorry, that sounded a little arrogant on my part, there are certainly others that keep the threads interesting whose posts I value, but still good to have you all back

No need to apologise, EADG, you wee correct the first time . . . :) Thanks, mate.

Vaucluse wrote:
- one gets a new perpective on life as a new parent, Eric. One tends to accept all those around us, with their loittle quirks and idiosyncracies. Those little foibles and cute differences.

Wow ! What a nice change! Wonder how long you can keep it up .
OI! (I fugure about 3 days)

'nuff said Image