Singapore Expats

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lowsh83

Post by lowsh83 » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:30 pm

just wana check, is silkair based in singapore?

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:33 pm

lowsh83 wrote:just wana check, is silkair based in singapore?
Of course. It's a subsidiary of SIA.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 8:28 am

lowsh83 wrote:just wana check, is silkair based in singapore?

Another prime candidate for the position of Flight Attendant. Amazing how he'she can log into a forum and post a question, but is incapable of finding the SilkAir website and looking at it.

That's the kind of dedication to research airlines are looking for. Go for it lowsh

'nuff said Image

Cool_pink

Post by Cool_pink » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 8:50 am

Hi,

I had an interview with Silk Air last Feb and got in to two interviews and rejected after that(because I commented bout cleaning the toilet :? )
I am keen to work with Silk Air and wonder if I can apply again?
or do I have to wait for 6 months?
Can anyone help. .thank you

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 9:06 am

Cool_pink wrote:Hi,

I had an interview with Silk Air last Feb and got in to two interviews and rejected after that(because I commented bout cleaning the toilet :? )
Cleaning toilet? What did you say? You should be well aware that if you want the job, you shouldn't mention any negativities.

About application, you should just apply again. I applies in August but failed during the uniform fitting and so I applied again in October. They did called me for an interview. And obviously, I failed again.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:38 am

By the way, are you going this saturday for the SIA interview? Are you going to give it a try? Are you also going to send in your resume to Silkair too?

singaporegrrl wrote:
Cool_pink wrote:Hi,

Cleaning toilet? What did you say? You should be well aware that if you want the job, you shouldn't mention any negativities.

About application, you should just apply again. I applies in August but failed during the uniform fitting and so I applied again in October. They did called me for an interview. And obviously, I failed again.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:41 am

chai ching wrote:By the way, are you going this saturday for the SIA interview? Are you going to give it a try? Are you also going to send in your resume to Silkair too?
Yep I've sent my application to SilkAir. Just waiting for an invitation. I can't make it this Saturday coz I've got a very important family event. Nonetheless, I wish everyone attending the best of luck!

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:58 am

Oh like that i see. Well at least better than dont have at all. By the way, do you know anything regarding about Silkair? Im just curious why and how come whenever SIA is having their walk in interview? Silkair will also post their advertisement on their website. Why is that so far? Do you know the reason?
singaporegrrl wrote:
chai ching wrote:By the way, are you going this saturday for the SIA interview? Are you going to give it a try? Are you also going to send in your resume to Silkair too?
Yep I've sent my application to SilkAir. Just waiting for an invitation. I can't make it this Saturday coz I've got a very important family event. Nonetheless, I wish everyone attending the best of luck!

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:41 am

chai ching wrote:Oh like that i see. Well at least better than dont have at all. By the way, do you know anything regarding about Silkair? Im just curious why and how come whenever SIA is having their walk in interview? Silkair will also post their advertisement on their website. Why is that so far? Do you know the reason?
SilkAir usually recruit every 3 months and the last one was around February, if not mistaken. That's probably just coincidence that the 2 carriers recruit around the same time.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 1:25 pm

Oh so thats the reason. I see. Ok can understand. Thank you so much!
Thats why i also find it so coincidence too.
singaporegrrl wrote:
chai ching wrote:Oh like that i see. Well at least better than dont have at all. By the way, do you know anything regarding about Silkair? Im just curious why and how come whenever SIA is having their walk in interview? Silkair will also post their advertisement on their website. Why is that so far? Do you know the reason?
SilkAir usually recruit every 3 months and the last one was around February, if not mistaken. That's probably just coincidence that the 2 carriers recruit around the same time.

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 6:36 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:Is being excited a crime? The dateline is a week away which explains the exclamation marks.
No, it is not against the law.

By the way, SIA only prefers Diploma and A level cert only? how about those who are ITE graduate or O level graduates?

Is there any difference for degree holder and non-degree holder?

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 8:09 pm

Matt10 wrote:By the way, SIA only prefers Diploma and A level cert only? how about those who are ITE graduate or O level graduates?

Is there any difference for degree holder and non-degree holder?
"Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply."

That's way they stated in the ad for the upcoming walk-in interviews. I suggest those who are keen to go and have a try. Good luck!

Degree holders who are selected have a basic pay of an additional couple of hundred than those without a degree. Nevertheless, having a degree does not guarantee a place as a cabin crew.

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:15 pm

ok thats cool.now people with O cert can also apply. Does it mean that ITE cert holders can apply too?
I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:17 pm

Shreked wrote:ok thats cool.now people with O cert can also apply. Does it mean that ITE cert holders can apply too?
There's probably hope for ITE cert holders as well. Make sure to make your achievements known.

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:31 pm

I'll just wait for my time to come then...you know what..sometimes i feel like i really dont want to serve ns because i cant wait to pursue my dream!THis dream has been in me for like 10 years! I just can't help it!
I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

Return to “Airline Careers”