Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 7:33 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:REMEMBER....If a degree holder is upon the list...They will take the degree holders first..
No, you are wrong. I read a blog written by a cabin crew executive. He do the recruitment of SIA cabin crew and he mentioned that degree holder wont stand out from the rest of the poly diploma and A level holders. They want to see your interest, skills etc.

Goodbye. Correct me if i'm wrong! :D

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 7:40 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:REMEMBER....If a degree holder is upon the list...They will take the degree holders first..
Rubbish! having a degree does not guarantee you a job in any organization or institution. In fact it can be a 'handicap' if you apply for a job that interviewers consider to be below your ability.

Plavt.

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 7:56 pm

Okay...
But I thought that they will stand a higher chance...

My cousin's Teacher's Realtive is a SIA Chief Steward..He's only 29 years old....He is holding on to a Double Degree..

That made me think that DH will stand a higher chance..
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 7:57 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:Okay...
But I thought that they will stand a higher chance...

My cousin's Teacher's Realtive is a SIA Chief Steward..He's only 29 years old....He is holding on to a Double Degree..

That made me think that DH will stand a higher chance..
I think that he is a cabin crew executive since he is a double degree holder.

SQGuy

Post by SQGuy » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 10:43 pm

Most of the people from the last walk-in interview have not even started their training and now there is another walk-in?

I thought a number of people, from the last batch, got thru the final?
Is SIA so in need of crews? #-o

Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheesie » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 11:10 pm

i think they are having training soon! i hear my SQ fren say tt they really need ppl.. den my fren Schedule was damn full, like fly back den go again!

SQGuy

Post by SQGuy » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 11:16 pm

Most of our training will start next month. Packed schedule can be a good thing cos that would mean more $$ but can be tiring too. Once they have hired enough people, the pay will not be that good afterall. Anyone wanna correct me? :)

QuietStorm

Post by QuietStorm » Sun, 23 Apr 2006 1:59 am

anyone planning to go for e steward interview?
Humans make mistakes, but they make silly mistakes...

Mikochan

So fast? Interview to be held on 29 April and 30 April

Post by Mikochan » Sun, 23 Apr 2006 2:15 am

I was surprised that SQ is doing another round of interview next weekend. I have just finished my final interview around 2 weeks ago and also my medical test last week only. They have not even contacted me on when to start our training and now they are recruiting again. Hope they are not too engross with conducting the interview next week and forget to inform us the date to start our training. The wait is killing those who have not been given the date to start the training yet. Argh.... :?

VT
Regular
Regular

Post by VT » Sun, 23 Apr 2006 2:43 am

Hi.. anybody that can give me advice? Everyone knows that a FA can earn quite a sum and is good for those who wants to save up, But which airline to choose from? Like between emirates, SQ and cathay? The following factors are:
1) Let's say there's no prob with the individual for having a base overseas.
2) And do not like the idea of being bounded by a bond, in order to safe guard oneself just in case somethings unpleasant happen and has to break bond.
For what i only know, emirates does not have bond, it's a non binding contract. SQ has bond. What about cathay pacific?
But chances of getting into cathay and emirates seem lesser due to the lower employment rate in Singapore. Yet, their pay are higher than SQ.
SO... BASE ON ALL THESE FACTORS/PROB/DILEMMA.AND/OR some other factors which you guys might relate....

Will you go for the SQ interview?
Kind souls out there, please advice.. I need golden advice..
Thanks a million... :roll:
Last edited by VT on Sun, 23 Apr 2006 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 23 Apr 2006 3:00 am

Hello everone...
This is a picture I found on the net of a STC pass....

Can you tell me whether this is an FA or Technical Crew...
I'm rather confused...
If he's an FA I will don't know what to say.... :???: :???: :???: :???:

http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=images7hu.jpg

dyra

Post by dyra » Sun, 23 Apr 2006 3:20 am

got this from a SIA stewardess's blog. someone was asking her abt the requirement to be SQ crew. hope it helps.

the questions posed by the reader:
hi, reading enjoyed ur post a lot... fun and interesting. :)
would like to find out more abt ur job.

what is the age limit of stewardess cos it doesn't state in the recruitment ads. does needs to be really slim and thin to be a SQ cabin crew?

i am thinking of applying for it. but i am worried abt my side cos i am nt slim and small size, a bit on the big-boned size and i am nt young too..everytime i travel, i saw a lot of SIA stewardess and they are really tiny and have very very good complextion!

i feel like i am making a joke of myself if i was to apply for cabin crew.... =(

thanks a lot. and continue blogging.

(Answer from the SIA stewardess):

Hi Li!!

i'm not too sure about the age limit but I have a gal friend who got in at 29.

Frankly speaking, as long as you are not really overweight, slighly plump is ok. LIKE ME!!! I am on the big-boned side, with more than enuff flesh to show. it did affect me cos i oni got in at the 5th try. nevertheless, do apply for the post if you realli like it. and not all stewardesses are slim with nice complexion like you said. maybe you saw those in the ads. lol!!

due to the long hours of wearing makeup, we do get a bit of pop-ups.. hey, we're human ok!! so.. go try and be confident! Jia You!!

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 23 Apr 2006 3:27 am

Interesting....Well it helps a bit...

SQGuy

Re: So fast? Interview to be held on 29 April and 30 April

Post by SQGuy » Sun, 23 Apr 2006 10:21 am

Mikochan wrote:I was surprised that SQ is doing another round of interview next weekend. I have just finished my final interview around 2 weeks ago and also my medical test last week only. They have not even contacted me on when to start our training and now they are recruiting again. Hope they are not too engross with conducting the interview next week and forget to inform us the date to start our training. The wait is killing those who have not been given the date to start the training yet. Argh.... :?
Dont understand them. Maybe they are really short handed. But they should be looking at how to expedite the training or clearing those people who have passed the medical so that they can start asap.

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sun, 23 Apr 2006 10:23 am

For those who will be going to the interview, i suggest you all to be there by 8.30 because the last walkin interview, the queue was very long. :D