Singapore Expats

Thinking of Getting a Maid

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Thinking of Getting a Maid

Post by Matney » Wed, 23 Nov 2005 9:47 pm

Yes, it is true. I have been here for almost a year and haven't broken down yet when it comes to getting a maid. Silly me, I thought my children were old enough and would help around the house. They are teenagers, I must be crazy! :mad: Working full time, away from the house for 12-14 hours daily, I would like to consider a maid. I have a person who comes in once a week to clean and iron( and she is great), but I need someone more often or full time. I would like advice on what is involved in securing a maid, cost, reliable agencies, and anything else you care to share on the topic. We are a family of 4, husband & I both work, but he is shift work and I work away from home M-F. She would have a 'real' room & a 'real' bath, and Sunday or Saturday off, we are not entertainers so guests are rarity. Any advice would be read carefully and greatly appreciated. Thanks! :wink:
Now all I need to do is convince my husband! :lol:

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Services

Post by joop » Sat, 26 Nov 2005 5:39 pm

Any maids postings their services onto this thread would be deleted.
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

itme

Post by itme » Sat, 26 Nov 2005 11:23 pm

why not ask your maid to make it 2 times a week
if she cant....well suggest you change out to
some maids who can come on twice or three times
to do house works.

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Matney » Sun, 27 Nov 2005 10:11 pm

The lady that comes once a week, lives in the Orchard area with a family-husband, wife & new baby. She travels 3 or 4 days weekly to clean apartments on the East Coast. So the option of having her come more often isn't realistic.
I would look into your option of finding someone else, but was hoping I would get some concrete answers from this forumn.

Thanks to JOOP for deleting the thread, as I thought it wasn't the right way of going about things. I made no contact.

itme

Post by itme » Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:08 am

well the whole thing might just goes to abt
$750 to $850 per month for full time maid.
cost wise spending on per maid it all depend on the expat family.
some maids do get 4 sundays off per month,other
may get 2 sundays off.
so getting a part time maid for 3 times/week,work out roughly
$90x4weeks=$360/mth.
if you need longer hour maybe you can have for 4hr/day
and it still cost you less for a full time maid
my partime maid came 2times/week,morning and afternoon
as she need to attent to her other schedule in the other morning
it work out fine with me.
if you do have difficulty let me know i see where i can help
you byletting her to help you for the time being until you
have come out with something or if you find her great,you
can let her help further

ddt77

Re: Thinking of Getting a Maid

Post by ddt77 » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:59 pm

Matney wrote:Yes, it is true. I have been here for almost a year and haven't broken down yet when it comes to getting a maid. Silly me, I thought my children were old enough and would help around the house. They are teenagers, I must be crazy! :mad: Working full time, away from the house for 12-14 hours daily, I would like to consider a maid. I have a person who comes in once a week to clean and iron( and she is great), but I need someone more often or full time. I would like advice on what is involved in securing a maid, cost, reliable agencies, and anything else you care to share on the topic. We are a family of 4, husband & I both work, but he is shift work and I work away from home M-F. She would have a 'real' room & a 'real' bath, and Sunday or Saturday off, we are not entertainers so guests are rarity. Any advice would be read carefully and greatly appreciated. Thanks! :wink:

OMG! u really got to convince your man about the luxuries that your family can enjoy after you get a maid. Ready breadfast and dinner, no laundry headache and always returning to a spick n span home.

I am paying $350 for my maid plus a levy of $295. So its a small sacrifice in order for us to relax after our long day of work. Please get a Filipino maid, mine was really a blessing as she can cook italian food and all chores without supervision.

Cheers and all the best.....

Jewel

Re: Thinking of Getting a Maid

Post by Jewel » Mon, 17 Apr 2006 3:55 pm

ddt77 wrote:
Matney wrote:Yes, it is true. I have been here for almost a year and haven't broken down yet when it comes to getting a maid. Silly me, I thought my children were old enough and would help around the house. They are teenagers, I must be crazy! :mad: Working full time, away from the house for 12-14 hours daily, I would like to consider a maid. I have a person who comes in once a week to clean and iron( and she is great), but I need someone more often or full time. I would like advice on what is involved in securing a maid, cost, reliable agencies, and anything else you care to share on the topic. We are a family of 4, husband & I both work, but he is shift work and I work away from home M-F. She would have a 'real' room & a 'real' bath, and Sunday or Saturday off, we are not entertainers so guests are rarity. Any advice would be read carefully and greatly appreciated. Thanks! :wink:

OMG! u really got to convince your man about the luxuries that your family can enjoy after you get a maid. Ready breadfast and dinner, no laundry headache and always returning to a spick n span home.

I am paying $350 for my maid plus a levy of $295. So its a small sacrifice in order for us to relax after our long day of work. Please get a Filipino maid, mine was really a blessing as she can cook italian food and all chores without supervision.

Cheers and all the best.....

Hi DDT77,

i am looking at changing our part-time maid to a full time domestic maid as its more cost effective and convenient for us. However, we would like to have someone who can really cook well. Can you let me have the no of the agency whom you hired your maid from?

Million thanks! :D

jewel

ddt77

No problem o Agency contact...

Post by ddt77 » Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:44 am

Sure thing. But I only remember the chap's name - Jerome, cos his company's name is really difficult to catch.

A nice fella, his mobile is 8201 1111.

Cheers :???: