Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
prince

Post by prince » Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:36 am

[quote="jovinliu"]Wah! Eye enlargement, and liposuction, for tummy, saddlebag & inner/outer thigh areas, a rhino & lip & teeth lightening....
Big project leh! Hee...

For eye enlargement, again, there is a procedure call "kai yan tou" in taiwan which i believe is not common here in singapore. But, it's fairly common there. The japanese singer, Ayumi, she did it.

Please do your homework before going for liposuction. Don't go for the traditional one. The latest technology will draw about 3-5% of blood with the fat, whereas traditional method will be as much as 30%. If you are going to do in Bangkok, please ask first! Also, the traditional method takes longer healing time. For liposuction on thigh area, please be prepared to have difficulties walking for at least 2-3 days. Youare right that the average rate for lipo is about $3k PER AREA. So if you do tummy, saddlebag and thigh area, be prepared to fork out about $10k. Yes, you can go to Siam Family Dental Clinic for laser whitening. Yah, about $600. They used to have promotion at $450, not too sure wonder they still offer that rate now.

To enlarge eyes, you have to do double eyelid + kai yan tou surgery. Consult your doctor on what you want to achieve, and whether you are suitable.

I hope you are not going to do all those you mentioned, in 1 shot?! That means you are going to get bandaged almost from top to toe leh! I seriously don't encourage plastic-surgery-wannabes to be too ambitious and do all procedures at 1 go. You will have a hard time during recovery, and you will feel terrible when you look at the mirror. You are not joining Extreme Makeover, are you? :P The $10k+ you saved should be enough to put you through those surgeries, but your body will have a hard time recovering and adapting.

Lip lightening?! Hmmm.... interesting! Never heard of that before. Tell me tell me!!!! :D

/Jovin

Kai Yan Tou? hmm sound sinteresting. how do they do it? where do they operate or cut on?

Merlin123_4

Post by Merlin123_4 » Sun, 16 Apr 2006 3:12 pm

Jovin, Bai*2, and others,

how many days b4 one can go out after nose job ? ie after swelling subside and look more like human ? is 10 days including the op day enough ?

how many days b4 the implant gets bonded to the nose ? 1 month ? i heard that the starting of the implant, near the eyes, is the last to get bonded.

so i can excuse myself from playing basketball for the company, la.

thank u.

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Mon, 17 Apr 2006 1:55 pm

Last edited by leenaaaa on Thu, 31 Aug 2006 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Mon, 17 Apr 2006 1:56 pm

Last edited by leenaaaa on Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

angelbleu

Post by angelbleu » Mon, 17 Apr 2006 2:58 pm

Can anyone advise me the time taken to travel from Bangkok city to Yanhee Hospital? Thanks
Dont't Worry...Be Happy!!!

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Mon, 17 Apr 2006 3:32 pm

The botox made a hell lot of difference man. I was told i look 50% different as compared to last time. It's not my eyes, it's not my nose, it's my face shape that contributes to that huge difference. Used to have squarish jaws, now is... hmmm... more slim. Yap, it feels like getting shots on your arm, except it's INTO the muscles. I won't lie that it won't hurt at all, but it's bearable.

Oh, the colouring on lips thingy.... well, why do that when you have the option of applying lipstick? Unless it's lip liner tattoo you are thinking of.

/Jovin

young_princess wrote:jovin: oh ic2..btw, how much difference did it make when u had ur jawline done with botox? i mean does it make an obvious difference? originally what was ur face shape n what is it now? n how long does it last? was it painful or just like getting ordinary shots? thanks!

mm im not sure if its called lip lightening bt i've heard of this procedure where they sort of tatoo ur lips to make it more pink i think...bt dont know what its called...n they say its quite painful n need to repeat a couple of times...
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Mon, 17 Apr 2006 3:36 pm

The eyebrow will match the LENGTH of your eyes, not the WIDTH. Anyway, the most you can go is maybe 1 or 2mm if you do the "kai yan tou" surgery, the beautician who's doing the eyebrow embroidery won't be making such precise measure that the eyebrow must go 1-2mm longer too :)

/Jovin
leenaaaa wrote:Jovin,

Yea I know embroidery isnt surgery. its just that i might be making my eyes wider too and i think when they do your eyebrows it also depends on the width of your eye too right?

jovinliu wrote:It's ok which one you want to do first. Anyway eyebrow embroidery is not even considered a surgery, so no problem! So, whether you do eyebrow embroidery first or after getting your eyes and nose done, it's ok. Don't worry.

/Jovin
leenaaaa wrote:Jovin,

I am going to get my eyes and nose done at the end of next month. I also want to get my eyebrow embroidery done. Do you suggest that I do my sugery done first? Also, where do you suggest I get my eyebrow embroidery done?>

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Re: yoga

Post by jovinliu » Mon, 17 Apr 2006 3:38 pm

In general, 1 month. It doesn't matter whether it's yoga, kickboxing, swimming, pilates blah blah blah. 1 month. There is no rule that says 2 weeks for yoga, 1 month for kickboxing, 28 days for swimming etc.

/Jovin
leenaaaa wrote:I do yoga. Does anyone know how long you have to wait before resuming yoga again after having surgery?

ilkk

Post by ilkk » Mon, 17 Apr 2006 4:55 pm

depending on what time you're going. during peak period, it can take you about 1 hour. 12-2pm. other times it is about 30-45min from Siam Sq area.

ilkk

Post by ilkk » Mon, 17 Apr 2006 4:56 pm

jovin,

how long after your nose implant did you start going back for facials?

Thanks

young_princess
Regular
Regular

Post by young_princess » Mon, 17 Apr 2006 8:03 pm

jovin: wow really? my face is a bit squarish as well... now i really wanna do that as well.. :roll: jovin, can u share ur pics b4 n after ur nose surgery n jawline botox injection? i saw ur post b4 but there's only one pic left in ur album so it's not quite clear..ppplllsss... hhehe..

btw, so which part did ur frends notice a change in? the face shape? how bout the eyes n nose? i wanna do all 3 bt im afraid it'll be too obvious.. i'm hoping that if the shape of my face changes a bit they wont notice the eyes n nose? ehhe..

angelbleu

Post by angelbleu » Mon, 17 Apr 2006 8:39 pm

Thanks... :wink:
ilkk wrote:depending on what time you're going. during peak period, it can take you about 1 hour. 12-2pm. other times it is about 30-45min from Siam Sq area.
Dont't Worry...Be Happy!!!

Rabbit
Regular
Regular

Post by Rabbit » Mon, 17 Apr 2006 9:05 pm

Hi all,

See many of you ask Jovin the questions that she has posted before. You may like to do a search to view all her post first, mostly likely you will find the answer, e.g. the link to her before and after photos. Very simple, just click Profile under Jovin's post and click view all her post will do.

Having follow thru' this post for over 9 mths, fr pg twenty something, and done some web search, though that I'm sure enough to go for the surgery... but I guess I'm wrong... my next post will give you more details. I did it and I regret, really really regret!

Rabbit @ Seoul

Rabbit
Regular
Regular

Post by Rabbit » Mon, 17 Apr 2006 9:59 pm

Hi all,

This post aims to share my post Rhinoplasty experience and esp for those that is thinking of going to BK Clinic in Korea.

I did mine on 14 Apr (Good Friday). I arrive thru' a mid-night flight and reach BK Clinic at 10am... after a short consultation, 11.30am...I'm on the ops table liao.

What I did is "I" shape gortex (not silicone, but is implant as well) + ear cartilage and some alar reduction too. Altogether when I wrote email to Dr. Kim, he quoted me US4,500 but after the consultation, the "consultant", one of the head in admin kind told me that it should be US$6000 since I ask for alar reduction which is US1,000 more and gortex which is US$500 more... After much negotiation, they agree to give me a slight discount of US$300.

I requested to stay in the Admission Rm which is FOC. But Dr. Kim would suggest you to move to a hotel near by where there's spcl rate for BK patients, it's called Riverview. It cost around US$50 for 1 night. But I've decided to stay there for 3 nights then move to a Service Apartment. Since Sat and Sun there's not much pple, he finally agreed cos by right rhinoplasty do not require staying over night.

I guess $ aside, which if can buy good result, I'm sure all of us will go for it. Today is my 4th day and all I can feel is very hard nose tip and a funny feeling when I touch my bridge... something underneath, ie the implant. But the worse is... my right ear... I recall Dr. Kim told me that there's no effect on the shape or function, even family members or lover can't tell there was surgery done. Based on that, I went for it. On the 2nd day when the dressing was change to a very light one without much bandage... I start to realize the edge of my right ear become numb... there's no more feeling. Though it's just one part of the edge, but it feel so so so sad... feels like a disable....

The next day I asked the nurse and they said it will slowly come back, around 5 days...but when I told her that it's my 3rd day already... she then ask me to ask the doc. I was so worry that I decided to wait and see Dr. Kim, despite he busy schedule. But after 1 full day of waiting in the admission room, the nurse finally said that he still got a big operation going on, couldn't see me. She helped me to ask the question and he said the feeling will come back too. I'm really not sure whether I should believe in him. But if I not, what else I can do?

The result of my nose, perhaps is a bit too early to say... but it's just from an ugly nose become another ugly nose... for all the "cost" I added in... I would rather just go for alar reduction and shouldn't be greedy.

And allow me to side track and share another unhappiness. I was really careless when stayed in the admission room, thought that there's nobody will ply around. Even they gave me a big locker, I just leave it unlock and on the 3rd day afternoon, I realize the envelop with Korean won is gone... so S$400 lost! I'm not sure if I misplaced it, but it doesn't look like it... sigh... at that point, I really really want to cry... but must hold it cos once I cry, the running nose will flush away my plaster...it's really sad until beyond imagination.

Like Hatemynose previously warned us, Dr. Kim is really very busy. Today he got almost 8 big and small ops (cos the ops room is on the same floor of the admission room, I can see ladies in and out, it's really amazing). Despite of numerous request, I still couldn't see him. However, he could find time to meet a potential patient for consultation downstairs... so I'm not sure what to comment, but if you are going to BK, just be prepared that you will not have any after surgery comfort by the Doc. But there's a Chinese nurse whose name is Kim (Chinese is 金银姬), she is really very nice! She helped me to order food, come in periodically when she is free and when I press the bell to ask for attendent, she alwasy come in within 1 min. Sigh... but that's only something good to have, the most impt is the surgery result...

However, I must say, Dr. Kim's skill is good. I did alar reduction before in SG, it was not much reduced and the scar was obvious, but for Dr. Kim, it's an open rhinoplasty and stitches are a few in the collumna and the base of the nose is also significantly reduced without much stitches. Hopefully there won't be obvious scar after recovery. How I wish I can turn back the clock and just ask for alar reduction, then my ear and my funny nose tip will be remain intact....

I'm really in a sad mood, wanted to just vent it out and alert other's who are planning to BK. Pls. don't ask me for before and after photos yet. I took it but I'm really in a bad mood to download it... and I may not actively replying your questions... wait for me to recovery both physically and psychologically ok?

In short, 2 person, mynose and hatemynose (1 girl 1 guy) been there for silicon implant and they are happy with the result. and me, the 3rd one is neutral (can't say it's bad, but I don't like it). You better make your own judgement.

Something for you to think thru', be it BK or other doc.:
1) can you really acept implant in your body... frankly, I'm not... don't know why I made such decision and now every minute I'm touching my nose and can stand 1hr in front of the mirror, not admiring, but regreting...
2) if you are going for ear cartilage for nose tip (for lengthening), though shape and function is the same, nobody can tell what happened, be prepare you may lost feeling for some part of the ear...

Since it's my 4th day, I really hope I can come back and tell you all these are just "in progress" and the final result is good and I can happily share with you my photos. :cry:

Rabbit @ korea

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:06 pm

[quote="Rabbit"]Hi all,

See many of you ask Jovin the questions that she has posted before. You may like to do a search to view all her post first, mostly likely you will find the answer, e.g. the link to her before and after photos. Very simple, just click Profile under Jovin's post and click view all her post will do.

Having follow thru' this post for over 9 mths, fr pg twenty something, and done some web search, though that I'm sure enough to go for the surgery... but I guess I'm wrong... my next post will give you more details. I did it and I regret, really really regret!

Rabbit @ Seoul[/quote

Oh no shit! rabbit u at Seoul now??
U sounded something bad happened to u! hope u are alrite...if i am not wrong, u wanna to do Rhinoplasty rite?? if it is, no worries okie, u can re-do again if u don like the result.. :)

Ya gals, agreed with rabbit.. seriously, pls refer back to the posts, don kept asking the same question over and over again.. u want to be pretty, cannot stay lazy.. and i think asking for photo is not necessary as well, cos the results may vary.. it may look good on Jovin, might not look good on u.. so if u think u really 'need' it, or die die must do it.. just go ahead!
Hor jovin hor.. hehehe :lol:
your notions is many, but not worth a penny