Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Re: hi baby princess

Post by jovinliu » Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:53 pm

so who is this doctor?
babyevil85 wrote:I know a very good doctor at taiwan if u intrested give me a call .. i'm going soon .. so together we can take care of each other if u wan givemi a call 92477258 thanks :)
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

tunafish

Post by tunafish » Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:59 pm

Jovin,

How was Dr. Hsu in doing double eyelid? Will u recommend him?

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:04 pm

Again, i will like to emphasize that these below affects the final result of your eyes:

1) how well you recover
2) how well you take care of your wound
3) the skill of your doctor

So, if you are talking about (3) only, then yes, i personally recommend. But again, you will be the one to decide who you want to go to.

/Jovin
tunafish wrote:Jovin,

How was Dr. Hsu in doing double eyelid? Will u recommend him?

young_princess
Regular
Regular

Post by young_princess » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:58 am

hi jovin! wow its nice to see u here..how u been? can u share pics pleasseeeee.... pmed u my email..hope u dont mind..would really like to see ur results...

regarding the threading, i think someone was asking bout brow haus' service dont remembr anymore..but yah it is different...and i only tried threading before but not in brow haus..only tried their normal shaping of the brows.. wanted to try embroidery but im scared as i see other brows look weird.. :-|

xiaobai_lsh

Post by xiaobai_lsh » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 5:14 pm

hi jovin

I'm also interested to see ur photos..can send me before and after? [email protected]

Thanks so much. :)

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:53 pm

Last edited by leenaaaa on Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Broke

scorpion grass

Post by Broke » Fri, 14 Apr 2006 1:32 pm

scorpion grass ? where can I find it?

jovinliu wrote:Nose: cold press for 5 days, i think. After that is warm press to reduce bruising.

Eyes: cold press for 1 week. Don't apply warm press!

As for the scorpion grass medicine, please do not sukak-sukak boil and drink! Yes it's proven to reduce bruise and swell fast, but also, you might get diarrhoea! It's said to upset the stomach quite abit. So unless you are staying indoor, with nobody snatching toilet with you, then maybe you can try. But, this herb is very "cooling", so, as i said earlier, don't sukak-sukak buy and drink!

I personally tried Sinecch, well, i think seems to work quite ok. I had posted Rachel's phone number before. Call her to buy a box. No point going to Watson's, Guardian blah blah blah, you won't find a box of Sinecch on the shelf smiling and waving at you.

For my eyes, yes i'm doing fine. Thanks for all concern.

/Jovin
tunafish wrote:hi leena,

perhaps jovin can give a better "real-life" account.

but from what i have read so far, you need a cold press for the first 3 days, and a "warm press" for the subsequent days (perhaps warm towel, etc?).

there's medicine for you to reduce swelling, and many people buy a herb known as scorpion grass (literal translation from chinese). heard that it's really good.

i am soooooo looking forward to having my rhinoplasty and double eyelid surgery in oct/nov!

ahmeilover
Chatter
Chatter

hey

Post by ahmeilover » Fri, 14 Apr 2006 9:53 pm

hey gals.. me at bangkok now.... doing fine.... my nose... aso quite fine..... cant really see the bridge now ley....... scare later do le machiam nv do lydat.. scare manz... =(

anyway dr tell me cannot do too high coz not nice.... so i aso dunno how la..... tml i will taking off my plaster... so see how ba.. now still sweeling like pig lydat but i still go out wif tt lame plaster on.. hhahahaha.... :oops:

UglyDuckling

Blepharoplasty by Dr Wong

Post by UglyDuckling » Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:19 pm

Hi,
have anyone has had blepharoplasty done by Dr Wong of Gleneagles before? After reading from past post (dated back to 2004), i understand he is a very experienced doctor, does a natural job and his quotation is reasonable. However, I need a more recent feedbacks on his operation. How’s the result? Any comments?

young_princess
Regular
Regular

Re: hey

Post by young_princess » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 1:57 am

ahmeilover wrote:hey gals.. me at bangkok now.... doing fine.... my nose... aso quite fine..... cant really see the bridge now ley....... scare later do le machiam nv do lydat.. scare manz... =(

anyway dr tell me cannot do too high coz not nice.... so i aso dunno how la..... tml i will taking off my plaster... so see how ba.. now still sweeling like pig lydat but i still go out wif tt lame plaster on.. hhahahaha.... :oops:
hey there, so nice to hear from u..hope u get the results u wanted.. :D

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 1:41 pm

i always wanted to do eye enlargement, and liposuction, for tummy, saddlebag & inner/outer thigh areas, a rhino & lip & teeth lightening.

Dun think can do all together. Hope to do eye enlargement and lipo for tummy and teeth whitenng first for a start.

I heard the average rates for lipo is about S$3k & teeth whitening about S$600 in Bangkok but haven ask around for eye enlargement. How much would it cost roughly?

I'm currently saving up and has abt $10k+ savings after 2 years. Wonder if it's enough to pay for all the aforesaid procedures?

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 8:12 pm

It's ok which one you want to do first. Anyway eyebrow embroidery is not even considered a surgery, so no problem! So, whether you do eyebrow embroidery first or after getting your eyes and nose done, it's ok. Don't worry.

/Jovin
leenaaaa wrote:Jovin,

I am going to get my eyes and nose done at the end of next month. I also want to get my eyebrow embroidery done. Do you suggest that I do my sugery done first? Also, where do you suggest I get my eyebrow embroidery done?>

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 8:14 pm

Sorry I've not taken any photos after getting my eyes done... but seriously, you need up to 1 year to see the final result of the surgery, so it's no point you view a person's photo who just did his/her eyelid surgery. It's not the final result.

/Jovin
young_princess wrote:hi jovin! wow its nice to see u here..how u been? can u share pics pleasseeeee.... pmed u my email..hope u dont mind..would really like to see ur results...

regarding the threading, i think someone was asking bout brow haus' service dont remembr anymore..but yah it is different...and i only tried threading before but not in brow haus..only tried their normal shaping of the brows.. wanted to try embroidery but im scared as i see other brows look weird.. :-|

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 8:28 pm

Wah! Eye enlargement, and liposuction, for tummy, saddlebag & inner/outer thigh areas, a rhino & lip & teeth lightening....
Big project leh! Hee...

For eye enlargement, again, there is a procedure call "kai yan tou" in taiwan which i believe is not common here in singapore. But, it's fairly common there. The japanese singer, Ayumi, she did it.

Please do your homework before going for liposuction. Don't go for the traditional one. The latest technology will draw about 3-5% of blood with the fat, whereas traditional method will be as much as 30%. If you are going to do in Bangkok, please ask first! Also, the traditional method takes longer healing time. For liposuction on thigh area, please be prepared to have difficulties walking for at least 2-3 days. Youare right that the average rate for lipo is about $3k PER AREA. So if you do tummy, saddlebag and thigh area, be prepared to fork out about $10k. Yes, you can go to Siam Family Dental Clinic for laser whitening. Yah, about $600. They used to have promotion at $450, not too sure wonder they still offer that rate now.

To enlarge eyes, you have to do double eyelid + kai yan tou surgery. Consult your doctor on what you want to achieve, and whether you are suitable.

I hope you are not going to do all those you mentioned, in 1 shot?! That means you are going to get bandaged almost from top to toe leh! I seriously don't encourage plastic-surgery-wannabes to be too ambitious and do all procedures at 1 go. You will have a hard time during recovery, and you will feel terrible when you look at the mirror. You are not joining Extreme Makeover, are you? :P The $10k+ you saved should be enough to put you through those surgeries, but your body will have a hard time recovering and adapting.

Lip lightening?! Hmmm.... interesting! Never heard of that before. Tell me tell me!!!! :D

/Jovin

huskyjude wrote:i always wanted to do eye enlargement, and liposuction, for tummy, saddlebag & inner/outer thigh areas, a rhino & lip & teeth lightening.

Dun think can do all together. Hope to do eye enlargement and lipo for tummy and teeth whitenng first for a start.

I heard the average rates for lipo is about S$3k & teeth whitening about S$600 in Bangkok but haven ask around for eye enlargement. How much would it cost roughly?

I'm currently saving up and has abt $10k+ savings after 2 years. Wonder if it's enough to pay for all the aforesaid procedures?

young_princess
Regular
Regular

Post by young_princess » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 11:14 pm

jovin: oh ic2..btw, how much difference did it make when u had ur jawline done with botox? i mean does it make an obvious difference? originally what was ur face shape n what is it now? n how long does it last? was it painful or just like getting ordinary shots? thanks!

mm im not sure if its called lip lightening bt i've heard of this procedure where they sort of tatoo ur lips to make it more pink i think...bt dont know what its called...n they say its quite painful n need to repeat a couple of times...
Last edited by young_princess on Sun, 16 Apr 2006 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.