Singapore Expats

SIA Cabin Crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 28 Mar 2006 7:37 pm

simmy wrote:I suppose you have made a valuable point & therefore I suppose I owe u an apology!!!
That's OK worse has happened just put it down to experience and I hope you are able to achieve your goals.

Plavt. :)

simmy

Post by simmy » Tue, 28 Mar 2006 7:42 pm

Thanks! :) :)

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 29 Mar 2006 8:40 pm

Yep I agree with Plavt. I always make it a point to spell everything out in full. When I was in school last year, I was part of the students' council and we were in charge of organising various events in school. When it was my juniors turn to organise, my job mainly was to vet their proposals before handing them up to the managements. Being students, they are very used to SMS spelling and thus, most of the mistakes were their SMS language. It was a lucky thing though they were still in school learning and have me, if not a couple of my friends to point out mistakes. If their habit persists in their working life, it's going to be a turn off to employers. Plavt had discussed on this problem countless times but people just can't see why it really is a problem. Habit is something one do, sometimes(in fact most of the time) not even realising it.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 2:17 am

I agree too.Well simmy i think you should give it a try.As singaporegrrrl said in her signature"if you dream BIG enough,the facts dont count".I think that everyone deserves to be something.Well good luck simmy.

Hi singaporegrrrrl and Plavt I just joined and i hope to hear more from you in the SIA Cabin Crew page.I've posted a few there. By the way Plavt.You're in UK why are you so keen on SIA???
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 2:25 am

Singaporegrrrrl are you a Air Stewardess for SIA???

I am only 14.but do believe me I REALLY want to be an Air Steward for SIA.It's been my dream since young...Is SIA still going to recruit male cabin crew in the future? Hope to hear from you guys.....

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 12:12 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:Singaporegrrrrl are you a Air Stewardess for SIA???

I am only 14.but do believe me I REALLY want to be an Air Steward for SIA.It's been my dream since young...Is SIA still going to recruit male cabin crew in the future? Hope to hear from you guys.....
Nope I'm not an SIA FSS and won't be anytime soon. Of course they will employ guys even in the future. It's really not fair if only girls have the opportunity in this job. Don't worry, if you dream big enough, the facts don't count.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 1:11 pm

How did you manage to wear the Sarong Kebaya then??Your sister is an FSS for SIA?? Anyway can I have your e mail please.PM me ok.=)

Seriously,you look very beautiful in the sarong kebaya.So you're not going to be an FSS for SIA or only for the time being?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 1:23 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:How did you manage to wear the Sarong Kebaya then??Your sister is an FSS for SIA?? Anyway can I have your e mail please.PM me ok.=)

Seriously,you look very beautiful in the sarong kebaya.So you're not going to be an FSS for SIA or only for the time being?
Without wanting to be a stick-in-mud sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi, how do you think you will ever be a flight steward? You cannot apparently even take the time required to read the threads on this board. Had you done so you would have already known that Singaporegrrl already told everybody yesterday (when you started posting) that the 'tar had been photoshopped as it were. It takes a lot of effort to be an FA. It's not all fun and games and a pretty face.

There is an awfully lot of good info on these pages. Try reading them. You might just learn something for yourself besides asking the maid to do it for you. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 2:10 pm

Are you critisicing me??I really want to be an Air Steward ok so dont run my reputation.I hate people who tell me what I can't do!

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 2:12 pm

Ruin*** Grammar error..Well what makes you say that Sundaymorningstaples??I am only 14 so I'm not supposed to get involved in this forum?????Dont judge a book by it's cover sundaymorningstaples.I'm not angry at you or anything but I was heartbroken when you said something like that....Sorry if i said anything wrong ok...=)

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 2:21 pm

Ok I agree with what you said sunday...It takes a lof of effort to be a FA.I'm not stating that being an FA is all about fun and games.But it has always been my dream to wear the coveted uniform of SIA.I hope you understand...Anyway a question sunday,do you happen to hear anything about SIA being an all girl cabin crew???

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 3:23 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:Are you critisicing me??I really want to be an Air Steward ok so dont run my reputation.I hate people who tell me what I can't do!
Nobody is criticizing or telling you want you can or cannot do the point Sms was making is the information about Singaporegrrl is there in the pages that’s all. Always take the time to find out information and analyze a topic before 'jumping' in. This is something you will become more aware of as you get older: when you see a situation you will not always have the facts in front of you, imagine a police officer who sees a fight on the street, does he/she always know if its a just a brawl or one or the other is merely defending themselves? Only when they talk to the offenders do they get to know the facts. Hope you understand the comparison.

Plavt.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 3:44 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:Ok I agree with what you said sunday...It takes a lof of effort to be a FA.I'm not stating that being an FA is all about fun and games.But it has always been my dream to wear the coveted uniform of SIA.I hope you understand...Anyway a question sunday,do you happen to hear anything about SIA being an all girl cabin crew???
No I cannot say that I have. I am sure with enough research (you did manage to find this forum and join it) on the web you may well be able to find the answers. As this is your desire, you will need to do the research not I.

I will repeat, there is a lot of information on these various threads here. Both from FA wannabe's like yourself who have done their research and are continuing to do so and Posters like Plavt and Saint who are extremely generous with their desire help young persons like yourself to attain their goals. But remember one important thing - nobody is going to hand you anything on a silver platter. If you cannot become a steward on SIA then their are dozens of other airlines that (in my opionion - *ducking the flying brickbats* ) that are just as good as SIA and considerably more that aren't. You ideal should be set on being a FS first and not a brand name first. There is nothing wrong in shooting for the top but don't limit your scope. The competition at the top is tremendous.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 4:43 pm

Thanks.I guess I owe you an apology sunday...sorry.

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 8:13 pm

hey there kid,
its good to have dreams but i still would advise you to plan ahead for your studies before making any crucial decisions like this.
"City of Ang3Ls"