Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
charle

Post by charle » Thu, 06 Apr 2006 3:32 pm

yeah, mine is scheduled on wednesday, 10am , for guys. my second try. Hope to get in this time.

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Thu, 06 Apr 2006 4:20 pm

charle wrote:yeah, mine is scheduled on wednesday, 10am , for guys. my second try. Hope to get in this time.

:D hi charle,

Congrats ...hope you get in soon....all the best to u and do update us in the forum..... :wink:

charle

Post by charle » Thu, 06 Apr 2006 4:32 pm

Zoergal , are u a cabin crew now? or waiting for interview?

Twinklez27

Post by Twinklez27 » Thu, 06 Apr 2006 5:30 pm

XM wrote:I disagree that you can just blame it all on luck. Its unfair for you to say that all the gals who got in were based on PURE luck though I agree luck plays a role...but a minor one. My group of 60 gals where also only 16 got in...were all chatting away and taking fotos dat day too. I dun think the staff has any roles in decision making other than the beauticians who analyze you. The beauticians were smiling away when I went in...I believe datz becoz I kept smiling at them too. Its a reciprocal thing. =)

I have two really pretty gals in my group who din make it too..but I realise datz becoz they haf sum scars elsewhere. So you cant blame it on the beauticians when they din pick the pretty gals. Actually, what they wanted was a pleasant enuff looking gal who also meet their other criterias of education level, proper english, no scars..blah blah..
So it often turns out dat not all d gals who got in are the prettiest but i am sure they look pleasant enuff rite?

But if you know you have what it takes...then try again even after you fail..but come again with an improved change be it complexion, spoken english or attitude which I think you yourself will know better. Good luck and all the best to those who are goin to try at their next recruitment!! =)
Hi XM, oops..i think you kinda misunderstood my meaning of pure luck, it wasn't directed at the girls, i meant the mood of the beauticians that day. This is because we really don't know what they are looking for, and all i can say is they are not really consistent with their criterias. Thus, that explains my meaning of pure luck. (cause one of my fren who went in the previous try did not pass that rd)

Guess you are one of the girls who got in to the psycho test? Well, good luck, hope you made it in~ :)

erieo
Regular
Regular

Post by erieo » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 10:14 am

charle wrote:Zoergal , are u a cabin crew now? or waiting for interview?
Hi Charle,

Best luck for your interview, are you from the feb walk-in recruitment batch or did you send in your application via email?
Am wondering if SIA are still clearing those feb walk-in batch. I have email my application after the feb walk-in batch but no reply :(
guess I am not shortlisted..

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 11:19 am

Hi everybody!

I've been reading this thread for quite a while and am very interested to be a cabin crew of an international airline.

Can any current or trainee crew out there care to share with us your experiences?

Thanks.
Hope to see replies! :D

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 11:26 am

donno wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8AFpso1 ... 0attendant

Pam Ann sends up a Singapore Airlines flight attendant.
Quite stupid and funny.

Here is a very nice video about Singapore Girl. But some girls are scary. Like China Girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAoEn785Z2o
Hello DONNO.

I viewed the videos and the one about Pam Ann, it was entertaining. :lol:

The second video is boring one. Compared to other airlines' advertisements, SIA's ads are all the same, with the Singapore Girls walking around.

Thanks for the entertainment DONNO! :)

charle

Post by charle » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 1:30 pm

erieo wrote:
Hi Charle,

Best luck for your interview, are you from the feb walk-in recruitment batch or did you send in your application via email?
Am wondering if SIA are still clearing those feb walk-in batch. I have email my application after the feb walk-in batch but no reply :(
I attended the walk in interview on 26 Feb 06, waiting for final interview now. Look forward to SIA next recruitment exercise then....

louisv

Post by louisv » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 2:42 pm

What happens to people who fail the medical check? will SQ contact them about the outcome or it's the end?

:?

trickle

Post by trickle » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 2:55 pm

louisv wrote:What happens to people who fail the medical check? will SQ contact them about the outcome or it's the end?

From what I've read in some of the other posts in this thread, people who failed/passed their medical were informed by SIA.

I strongly believe that SIA will not leave these individuals in a state of limbo.

trickle

Post by trickle » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 3:03 pm

charle wrote:
I attended the walk in interview on 26 Feb 06, waiting for final interview now. Look forward to SIA next recruitment exercise then....
All the best.

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 5:00 pm

erieo wrote:
Hi Charle,

Hi erieo,

I think SIA is still clearing the batch for the FEB walk-in . :) ...cos their last batch of mgmt interview will be conducting from next monday to thursday...
guess after nxt week, another recruitment will start soon ..maybe in MAY time...be patience, the time will come ..and never give up trying. :D

prince

Post by prince » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 12:20 am

louisv wrote:What happens to people who fail the medical check? will SQ contact them about the outcome or it's the end?

yup, u will receive a letter in ur mailbox, telling u that u r not successful in ur application. so if u see a mail in ur letter box.. then its bad news..

tuber

Medicals

Post by tuber » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 8:05 am

I'd be crushed if I pass my final but fail at the medical round.. after going through so much.. its sad..

trickle

Re: Medicals

Post by trickle » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 9:08 am

tuber wrote:I'd be crushed if I pass my final but fail at the medical round.. after going through so much.. its sad..
I can understand the feeling.

Making it past all the interview stages is an accomplishment in itself. As the medical round is probably the only round where the candidate has the least control, he/she should not really feel too bad.

I'm sure there are other, more suitable, jobs waiting for that person.