Singapore Expats

2 YEAR PROGRAMME FOR ASPIRING STEWARDESSES

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 6:07 pm

Hi Chai Ching,

I think singaporegrrl is right. You should not leave any blanks under the ECA column. I, too went for the walk in interview & was even late when I arrived there. I think the 2 reception ladies sensed my anxiety when I reached & asked for application form. Thank goodness, they allowed me to enter to the room for the briefing. I did not make any comments or questions throughout the whole process. But, I did try to maintain eye contact with the guy & looked interest in whatever he said! After that, I filled up the application ASAP in the corner, looking abit flustered, as others have submitted their forms. I scribbled & must admit my handwriting is quite untidy! I even thought of not writing the ECA column, since I decided to submit the form with my testimonials & certs, (which would have indicated) but still I filled up despite all the people were waiting for me to submit! Thank god that I managed to look calm & they did not ask for my full length pic which was requested. 1 lady asked when will I remove my braces & I replied June/July this year. Just barely half an hr later, I received their call for interview at 3pm. Pardon for my grandmother story but I just would like to share with you that 1stly, you should have a reason for wanting to be a cabin crew. But do you really want it badly? What are your plans should you (touch wood) not make it? Do you have other alternatives to back you up & what did you do to improve yourself, so as in to secure an interview w the recruiters? 2ndly, how much effort did you put in in drafting your resume/cover letter? Recruiters only skim through the resume/cover letter for barely a minute & decide if you are good enough to attend the interview. (I am talking about whn you have hundreds & thousands of application forms to see) Those which are on the border line might get selected, just want to give you a 2nd chance to prove that you should be hired by them! Unless you did not attempt to improve or you wrote crap for the resume/cover letter or simply, you do not meet their criteria at all, I see no reason why you kept on getting the "NO" sign from them! But I must say that at times, luck does play a part too. So think it carefully & see if you really want this as your career, do your homework & I am sure you will succeed!
:)

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Tue, 04 Apr 2006 9:56 am

but may i know how should i type my resume? how about i type it out for you and you help me to see whether is that right? First of all, we should have our name, telephone number, address, handphone number, DOB, age, nationality, nric number, height, weight, my interest, school, last but not least is my working experience.

May i know what did you type for you resume and how did you do your resume? Actually i dont know how to write my resume and do my resume?? Could you pls kindly be kind enough and teach me and give me some tips also? Really thank you so much! Really appreciate for your kind help.
higgledy wrote:Hi Chai Ching,

I think singaporegrrl is right. You should not leave any blanks under the ECA column. I, too went for the walk in interview & was even late when I arrived there. I think the 2 reception ladies sensed my anxiety when I reached & asked for application form. Thank goodness, they allowed me to enter to the room for the briefing. I did not make any comments or questions throughout the whole process. But, I did try to maintain eye contact with the guy & looked interest in whatever he said! After that, I filled up the application ASAP in the corner, looking abit flustered, as others have submitted their forms. I scribbled & must admit my handwriting is quite untidy! I even thought of not writing the ECA column, since I decided to submit the form with my testimonials & certs, (which would have indicated) but still I filled up despite all the people were waiting for me to submit! Thank god that I managed to look calm & they did not ask for my full length pic which was requested. 1 lady asked when will I remove my braces & I replied June/July this year. Just barely half an hr later, I received their call for interview at 3pm. Pardon for my grandmother story but I just would like to share with you that 1stly, you should have a reason for wanting to be a cabin crew. But do you really want it badly? What are your plans should you (touch wood) not make it? Do you have other alternatives to back you up & what did you do to improve yourself, so as in to secure an interview w the recruiters? 2ndly, how much effort did you put in in drafting your resume/cover letter? Recruiters only skim through the resume/cover letter for barely a minute & decide if you are good enough to attend the interview. (I am talking about whn you have hundreds & thousands of application forms to see) Those which are on the border line might get selected, just want to give you a 2nd chance to prove that you should be hired by them! Unless you did not attempt to improve or you wrote crap for the resume/cover letter or simply, you do not meet their criteria at all, I see no reason why you kept on getting the "NO" sign from them! But I must say that at times, luck does play a part too. So think it carefully & see if you really want this as your career, do your homework & I am sure you will succeed!

CardZeus
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CardZeus » Tue, 04 Apr 2006 2:12 pm

OK - just my 2c worth - Do you have to pay for this 2 year course?? If so I predict that EVERYONE who went for the walk in interview got invited to the next stage. Smells like a classic rip-off to me - no guarantees of anything at the end ... caveat emptor!!!
The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 11:16 am

Hi there,

I'm new here and I have been reading the thread about the cabin crew topics for quite a while. It is very surprising to know that there are many cabin crew hopefuls out there.

Regarding the Diploma Programme which has been mentioned, it is a very good opportunity.

Singapore Girl, how was your interview? You have not tell us how was the 2nd interview.

Thank you.
I hope to hear from you soon!

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 11:33 am

Heyz it's been a few days since I last post. Been rather busy. 8-) So yeah the other day was my interview with Sass Atlantic. Like other interviews, I tried to keep calm so that I won't panic. My interviewer was a lady. She asked alot of questions and at the end of it she told me that I wasn't smiling throughout the interview although I believe I did and said that I didn't show much enthusiasm. Even though I was rather nervous, I showed alot of interest during the interview. Probably she saw it in a different way. I don't think I'll be called up for an interview with Jetstar Asia as today is the 2nd day of interviews after yesterday and Monday will be the last day. She made me and my friend rather demoralised but I guess there's much to learnt from that interview. Ouh well, better luck next time.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 11:44 am

Hello Singapore Girl,

Based on what the interviewer said, I think you are not prepared to be a flight attendant or maybe you have not done enough homework about the job.

By the way, the display picture of you look awkward. Doesnt look good.

Oops, my apology. :D

Good day!

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 12:42 pm

Matt10 wrote:Hello Singapore Girl,

Based on what the interviewer said, I think you are not prepared to be a flight attendant or maybe you have not done enough homework about the job.

Good day!
I think, of all other people in this forum... Singapore Girl have done alot more homework than any of us. She have give alot more information than any people in here about being a Flight Attendant. She is far way... ready to be a Flight Attendant.

If you think, you could look any better than her. Why don't you put your picture on the display picture?

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 12:45 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:Heyz it's been a few days since I last post. Been rather busy. 8-) So yeah the other day was my interview with Sass Atlantic. Like other interviews, I tried to keep calm so that I won't panic. My interviewer was a lady. She asked alot of questions and at the end of it she told me that I wasn't smiling throughout the interview although I believe I did and said that I didn't show much enthusiasm. Even though I was rather nervous, I showed alot of interest during the interview. Probably she saw it in a different way. I don't think I'll be called up for an interview with Jetstar Asia as today is the 2nd day of interviews after yesterday and Monday will be the last day. She made me and my friend rather demoralised but I guess there's much to learnt from that interview. Ouh well, better luck next time.
You can always look for more opportunities in the future.
In fact, there's alot more opportunities to be a Flight Attendant.
If you want to further your studies, might as well do so...
But if you have the opportunity to be a Flight Attendant, I would rather suggest that you quickly grab that opportunity before it's too late. This opportunities come once in a while. Don't miss any chances.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 1:41 pm

its really been a long time that you have last post here. By the way, guess you should have started flying already? Am i right? How was it?

queenie-me wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:Heyz it's been a few days since I last post. Been rather busy. 8-) So yeah the other day was my interview with Sass Atlantic. Like other interviews, I tried to keep calm so that I won't panic. My interviewer was a lady. She asked alot of questions and at the end of it she told me that I wasn't smiling throughout the interview although I believe I did and said that I didn't show much enthusiasm. Even though I was rather nervous, I showed alot of interest during the interview. Probably she saw it in a different way. I don't think I'll be called up for an interview with Jetstar Asia as today is the 2nd day of interviews after yesterday and Monday will be the last day. She made me and my friend rather demoralised but I guess there's much to learnt from that interview. Ouh well, better luck next time.
You can always look for more opportunities in the future.
In fact, there's alot more opportunities to be a Flight Attendant.
If you want to further your studies, might as well do so...
But if you have the opportunity to be a Flight Attendant, I would rather suggest that you quickly grab that opportunity before it's too late. This opportunities come once in a while. Don't miss any chances.

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 3:29 pm

queenie-me wrote:
Matt10 wrote:Hello Singapore Girl,

Good day!
I think, of all other people in this forum... Singapore Girl have done alot more homework than any of us. She have give alot more information than any people in here about being a Flight Attendant. She is far way... ready to be a Flight Attendant.

If you think, you could look any better than her. Why don't you put your picture on the display picture?
Hello QM,

What I meant by does not look good was, the size of her face and body doesnt look well. I can tell that it is edited and is not her body. I never mentioned that she is ugly. I said that the edited picture is not nice. That's about it.

Good day!

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 8:55 pm

hey singapore grrr... try again.. dont give up hope. . .i am sure you did alot of homework but sometimes luck helps as well. . . i've been through such situations, so dont give up try again!
probably they think you're not suitable for Jetstar Asia,probably they think you're not suitable to an FA. . . . try another airline. . .
just try try and try till you get it!! :D
"City of Ang3Ls"

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 9:14 pm

blancD wrote:hey singapore grrr... try again.. dont give up hope. . .i am sure you did alot of homework but sometimes luck helps as well. . . i've been through such situations, so dont give up try again!
probably they think you're not suitable for Jetstar Asia,probably they think you're not suitable to an FA. . . . try another airline. . .
just try try and try till you get it!! :D
I have to agree with BlancD. Although you may think that you have done enough homework, doesnt mean that you are suitable for the job.
Interviewers have seen many candidates and I think there are alot more better ones than you.

Goodbye!

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 10:31 pm

Matt10 wrote:I have to agree with BlancD. Although you may think that you have done enough homework, doesnt mean that you are suitable for the job.
Interviewers have seen many candidates and I think there are alot more better ones than you.

Goodbye!
Wow that's motivating. Thanks! People, if you need motivation and advices, especially when you turn to this forum coz you think this is the right place, turn especially to Matt10. He's the best motivator around here.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 11:15 pm

Hello,

Thanks I'm new here and I only post what I feel. I bet you are being sarcastic regarding the previous post.

Being sarcastic is definitely what airlines doesnt want and you have proved everyone that you have that minus quality. It is no surprise that you didnt make it to the next round.
You seem to be unsuitable for this job.

Goodbye!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 11:37 pm

Matt10 wrote:Hello,

Being sarcastic is definitely what airlines doesnt want and you have proved everyone that you have that minus quality. It is no surprise that you didnt make it to the next round.
You seem to be unsuitable for this job.

Goodbye!
That was rather uncharitable, singaporegrrl has been on this forum for some considerable time and who are you to say she has minus quality whatever that is supposed to mean? I would say you are somewhat judgmental. Sinaporegrrl is only 19 years old and as she will likely tell you herself is still going through a learning process (i.e. attending an educational course). Since you seem to find her reply sarcastic then I have to say you got what you asked for.

Plavt.