Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 1:47 am

i think the walk-in interview in singapore was some time ago, look at the previous posts
"City of Ang3Ls"

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 10:43 am

Twinklez27 wrote:Hi zoergal and fishballnoddles,

First of all, zoergal, from what i heard from the girls from our group, we had a total of 60 girls who went for the water confidence test and the kebaya rd. i am not too sure if anyone was eliminated during the water confidence rd, but we were split up in groups of 10 for the kebaya rd, and the number of gals who got in are as of the followings:

1 in 10; 2 in 10 (one was asked to put on weight); 3 in 10 (one was sent back until pimples recover); 3 in 10; 2 in 10; and the last batch had 6 in 9. :???: Total was 17 out of 59? i think so..

fishballnoodles, thanks for your reply as well..but i had another query in mind...was just wondering if we were kicked out cause we were too rowdy while waiting for our interview turn...haha..the staff who was with us for both rds was like staring at us after she warned us to keep our volume down..and she actually went in to the interview room when one gal went in..duno wat she did..but..the only gal who went in was number 1..haha..so she was not involved with us..haha..just some thoughts..or rather..i think i am just trying to find some reasons to console myself for not being selected... :?

anyway, lesson learnt, behave urselves at all times of the interview~ don't take too many pics...and get too excited..hahah... :wink:

hi Twinkle,

I think you are right, based on my frd who was in ur grp-60ppls. She told me that the 2 beauticians look kinda of stern during the process of selecting. She said that they were not smiling at all, think they are kinda of piss off or bad mood...hence only 17 out 60 got thru.. :shock:

Whereas for my grp which is 32 out of 48 got thru , the 2 beauticians were smiling all the way thru out the process of selecting and were joking happily with every candidates...errmmmm...Our grp was those quiet type , with ppls only whispering to each other.
guess it was indeed true that all candidates got to ensure that they muz not make too much noise during the kebaya fitting as I notice that the assistant lady was always there observing us while we were waiting. :)

So i guess it was luck that counts in as well, cos if u are in the grp which are well-behave , u might have a better chance of getting in. ...so dun worry ,so dun be dishearted that u are not up to the job is juz that the time is not right...jia you jia you :lol:

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Post by donno » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:44 am

Does the beauticians check on the guys??? LOL :D
10 April 2006

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Post by donno » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:43 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8AFpso1 ... 0attendant

Pam Ann sends up a Singapore Airlines flight attendant.
Quite stupid and funny.

Here is a very nice video about Singapore Girl. But some girls are scary. Like China Girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAoEn785Z2o
10 April 2006

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 2:01 pm

about guys and their complextion, i was told they must posses fairly good skin as well during the interview. . . .
"City of Ang3Ls"

erieo
Regular
Regular

Re: Not to get your hopes too high

Post by erieo » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 2:56 pm

redapple wrote:
erieo wrote:[quote="Cheesie]
Hi redapple,

Do you know if a cover letter and resume is required apart from the application form and when will their next opening?

The SIA website are still showing last month walk-in details and did not mention much abt sending via email.

Hey hi... actually i did try to email them my applications form.. but couldn't send it through.. dunno why! either their mail no space or they stop us from sending at this moment? i dunno... but i still trying to send it! so... hope we can send it through..
Hi Cheesie and redapple,

Are you gals able to email the application form and did SIA reply?..Hrmm no news at all...I know that they are conducting walk-in interview in Malaysia this coming weekend soon...wonder when will it be in SG.[/quote]

:) Redapple:hmm, i didnt try to email them now. i will wait for them to post another recruitment intake.:) i guess we should have some patience.. Meanwhile, just wait for them to finish the malaysia walk in.. :) no worries...[/quote][/quote][/quote]

IC, guess I'll juz have to wait patiently for them to reply..or perhap I am not shortlisted at all...haha

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 5:14 pm

erieo wrote:
ryanstarr wrote:
Plavt wrote:ryanstarr,
Don't want to put you off applying but hope you have given a lot of thought to your application as there will be an enormous cultural difference, some of which may come as a shock. Although maybe that's one of the reasons you chose to apply in the first place. Should be young enough and have the abilites you would at least get the possible oppurtunity of becoming a pilot, which it seems is an unlikely prospect with SIA. There are other things I could mention but not here for the moment. Take good care of yourself.

Plavt.
Thank you for all your support, Plavt & Paige. My interview is today at Suntec City here in Sunny Singapore. See some of you guys there. God bless you all. :-)
Good luck for ur interview :)

Thanks a bunch for your well wishes. I didn't make it pass the second round. Will try again for United. The interview process was a blast though. Met so many ex-crew. Mostly SQ... :)
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 5:38 pm

ryanstarr wrote:
erieo wrote:
ryanstarr wrote: Thank you for all your support, Plavt & Paige. My interview is today at Suntec City here in Sunny Singapore. See some of you guys there. God bless you all. :-)
Good luck for ur interview :)

Thanks a bunch for your well wishes. I didn't make it pass the second round. Will try again for United. The interview process was a blast though. Met so many ex-crew. Mostly SQ... :)

Hi,

I was wondering why so many ex-SQ crew wans to go into united???
Ppls are tryin so hard to get into SQ , whereas some of the SQ crews :are leaving for another airlines...wonder why is that so ? :roll:

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 5:47 pm

It's just like marriage sometimes : those who are in, want to get out, and those on the outside want to get in. You need to have been an SQ cabin crew to understand the real situation. Reality bites...really hard sometimes. And it hurt. :(

Twinklez27

Post by Twinklez27 » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 9:29 pm

zoergal wrote:
Twinklez27 wrote:Hi zoergal and fishballnoddles,

First of all, zoergal, from what i heard from the girls from our group, we had a total of 60 girls who went for the water confidence test and the kebaya rd. i am not too sure if anyone was eliminated during the water confidence rd, but we were split up in groups of 10 for the kebaya rd, and the number of gals who got in are as of the followings:

1 in 10; 2 in 10 (one was asked to put on weight); 3 in 10 (one was sent back until pimples recover); 3 in 10; 2 in 10; and the last batch had 6 in 9. :???: Total was 17 out of 59? i think so..

fishballnoodles, thanks for your reply as well..but i had another query in mind...was just wondering if we were kicked out cause we were too rowdy while waiting for our interview turn...haha..the staff who was with us for both rds was like staring at us after she warned us to keep our volume down..and she actually went in to the interview room when one gal went in..duno wat she did..but..the only gal who went in was number 1..haha..so she was not involved with us..haha..just some thoughts..or rather..i think i am just trying to find some reasons to console myself for not being selected... :?

anyway, lesson learnt, behave urselves at all times of the interview~ don't take too many pics...and get too excited..hahah... :wink:

hi Twinkle,

I think you are right, based on my frd who was in ur grp-60ppls. She told me that the 2 beauticians look kinda of stern during the process of selecting. She said that they were not smiling at all, think they are kinda of piss off or bad mood...hence only 17 out 60 got thru.. :shock:

Whereas for my grp which is 32 out of 48 got thru , the 2 beauticians were smiling all the way thru out the process of selecting and were joking happily with every candidates...errmmmm...Our grp was those quiet type , with ppls only whispering to each other.
guess it was indeed true that all candidates got to ensure that they muz not make too much noise during the kebaya fitting as I notice that the assistant lady was always there observing us while we were waiting. :)

So i guess it was luck that counts in as well, cos if u are in the grp which are well-behave , u might have a better chance of getting in. ...so dun worry ,so dun be dishearted that u are not up to the job is juz that the time is not right...jia you jia you :lol:
WOW....congrats zoergal~

Yup, me and my friends were thinking about this may be the problem why so many of us were out. Because we have so many potentials in the grp which did not get in..sad...

But the plumper beautician was the one who looks really unfriendly, well..guess is all pure luck ba..

So how did you fare for your management round? Got in SIA?

Cheerios~ :lol:

prince

Post by prince » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 9:39 pm

ryanstarr wrote:It's just like marriage sometimes : those who are in, want to get out, and those on the outside want to get in. You need to have been an SQ cabin crew to understand the real situation. Reality bites...really hard sometimes. And it hurt. :(
coz a lot of ppl got sick of being a cabin crew after flying for a few years.. n they quit. after they quit, they realise they cant find another job with that kind of start-out salary, or they can get use to the normal lifestyle outside. hence they wanna be a cabin crew again but SQ will never take them back.

XM

Post by XM » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 10:43 pm

I disagree that you can just blame it all on luck. Its unfair for you to say that all the gals who got in were based on PURE luck though I agree luck plays a role...but a minor one. My group of 60 gals where also only 16 got in...were all chatting away and taking fotos dat day too. I dun think the staff has any roles in decision making other than the beauticians who analyze you. The beauticians were smiling away when I went in...I believe datz becoz I kept smiling at them too. Its a reciprocal thing. =)

I have two really pretty gals in my group who din make it too..but I realise datz becoz they haf sum scars elsewhere. So you cant blame it on the beauticians when they din pick the pretty gals. Actually, what they wanted was a pleasant enuff looking gal who also meet their other criterias of education level, proper english, no scars..blah blah..
So it often turns out dat not all d gals who got in are the prettiest but i am sure they look pleasant enuff rite?

But if you know you have what it takes...then try again even after you fail..but come again with an improved change be it complexion, spoken english or attitude which I think you yourself will know better. Good luck and all the best to those who are goin to try at their next recruitment!! =)

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 06 Apr 2006 7:18 am

ryanstarr wrote:It's just like marriage sometimes : those who are in, want to get out, and those on the outside want to get in. You need to have been an SQ cabin crew to understand the real situation. Reality bites...really hard sometimes. And it hurt. :(
This is only too true, a good many are taken it with the glitz of wearing the kebaya or uniform and of adventures in far off places. The reality is the staff are probably never out of 'tired mode'. How much fun is it to arrive in London after a 13 hour flight exhausted, have one day off only to fly in the opposite direction the day afterwards. Stewards and stewardesses alike tell me the London route is one of the most tiring. True you get to do some shopping on Oxford Street but do the crew really see the country they are in? The answer is of course not they simply cannot have time and only visit those areas most prominent which are of course in the tourist areas. In addition many of the girls, not surprisingly, do not like the climate here in winter; in America the temperatures can be sub-zero in New York. I have heard more than one stewardess confess to spending all her lay over in her hotel room. How much fun is that? Not only this the time zone changes add to stress and any time I have been in Singapore I have checked out the doctors waiting room in the Airport and every time I see at least one stewardess there - too common to be a coincidence. For the many young ladies who eventually marry and produce children the job soon becomes a burden. These are just a few examples of the job which can often be a hassle and headache.

Plavt.

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Thu, 06 Apr 2006 10:58 am

prince wrote:
coz a lot of ppl got sick of being a cabin crew after flying for a few years.. n they quit. after they quit, they realise they cant find another job with that kind of start-out salary, or they can get use to the normal lifestyle outside. hence they wanna be a cabin crew again but SQ will never take them back.
Some very valid points. My friend, Simon Owen, who is ex-SQ, makes almost 4K a month as a teacher now, but he is still very much a FA at heart. Applied for UA too. Once a crew, always a crew. Did you read the Forum Page on 1 April? It's not an April Fool's joke, but my Instructor at Cabin Crew Training applied for a flight attendant post at age 60, after retirement from SQ. :)

zoergal
Regular
Regular

MgMt interview

Post by zoergal » Thu, 06 Apr 2006 3:14 pm

hi ,

There will be an upcoming SIA mgmt interview on the coming monday....
All the best to those going for the mgmt interview!!!!! :D