Singapore Expats

Jobs in Australia for 'N' Level???

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
caris

Jobs in Australia for 'N' Level???

Post by caris » Tue, 04 Apr 2006 4:46 pm

Hi, i would like to enquire what positiion will be available for 'N' Level grad?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 04 Apr 2006 6:21 pm

Very likely nothing! Most likely any employer would want you to have a degree and more often than not several years experience in a particular field. The qualifications you have I am sorry to say are as good as useless in respect of searching for employment in another country. However, presumably you are young enough to build on the these so take your time and investigate things thoroughly first.

Plavt.

elizabeth
Chatter
Chatter

Post by elizabeth » Tue, 04 Apr 2006 6:47 pm

Sorry to say that.. 'N' level is not much used in Singapore let alone in Australia.

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Post by donno » Tue, 04 Apr 2006 8:46 pm

I think there are company who accept N level but, with experience!
Dont give up. Singaporeans are smarter than Australians.. LOL

And by the way, try taking O level in other countries, not Singapore, Singapore's paper is the hardest. N level's difficulty level is almost the same as O level. I have 2 friends who did that. They got average, C6 in singapore, A2 in ********(in europe) country. Although the markers are the same, the questions are alot easier.... Trust me..
10 April 2006

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 04 Apr 2006 8:50 pm

donno wrote:I think there are company who accept N level but, with experience!
Not possible donno, no empoyler in a foreign country will consider either 'N' or 'O' levels. A degree alone will be minimum.

Plavt.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Tue, 04 Apr 2006 11:18 pm

I don't think you could get even a data entry job with only N levels. Probably you'd only get jobs at fast food or retail outlets in Singapore. If willing to commit, there'll be promotion after a few years. But all I can say is any average person would suggest a qualification upgrade.
Last edited by singaporegrrl on Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 04 Apr 2006 11:22 pm

singaporegrrl wrote: Probably you'd only get jobs at fast food or retail outlets.
Doubtful if you would even get that as this type of work is normally done by the locals with the exception of students working part-time possibly.

Plavt.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Tue, 04 Apr 2006 11:38 pm

Plavt wrote:Doubtful if you would even get that as this type of work is normally done by the locals with the exception of students working part-time possibly.

Plavt.
It is possible coz I knew of someone who did not finish her secondary school, had neither Ns nor Os. She worked in a cafe outlet full-time and it took her more than 2 years to get to Trainee Manager. Someone with at least O's would take probably a year.

brifusg
Regular
Regular

Post by brifusg » Tue, 04 Apr 2006 11:57 pm

Can you name a few?? or what types of job these companies are offering? I really cannot think of anything for N level holders.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:03 am

singaporegrrl wrote:
Plavt wrote:Doubtful if you would even get that as this type of work is normally done by the locals with the exception of students working part-time possibly.

Plavt.
It is possible coz I knew of someone who did not finish her secondary school, had neither Ns nor Os. She worked in a cafe outlet full-time and it took her more than 2 years to get to Trainee Manager. Someone with at least O's would take probably a year.
Then she may have had relatives in the country since I really do not see the Australian government allowing foreigners in to look acquire jobs that can be done by locals. There could of course be schemes which give people the opportunity of working there but no government allows foreigners to find jobs without some kind of criteria otherwise some places, Singapore being one would be overrun with unskilled and unwanted labour.
I have a relative in Australia myself but she was sent there by the BBC and now only remains owing to her marriage to an Australian.

Plavt.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:13 am

Ooops I'm so sorry. What I meant was in Singapore. Sorry for the confusion.

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiki » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:43 am

In all seriousness...

you could try picking fruits.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Post by Carpe Diem » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:55 am

Is kiwi-picking allowed? :P
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiki » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:59 am

Carpe Diem wrote:Is kiwi-picking allowed? :P
My 'fruits' are not meant for picking.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 9:55 am

And by the way, try taking O level in other countries, not Singapore, Singapore's paper is the hardest. N level's difficulty level is almost the same as O level. I have 2 friends who did that. They got average, C6 in singapore, A2 in ********(in europe) country. Although the markers are the same, the questions are alot easier.... Trust me..

Trust you? Not with my neighbours dog. Tell me something, donno; have you actually ever travelled? You are so sure that the Singapore schooling system is the 'hardest', so what happened to you?

Word of advice: my niece came over from NZ last year to go to school here - she is aceing her classes. Get over your inadequacies and accept that the system in Singapore is different, with more emphasis on Maths and Science related subjects.

Your nonsensical postings make you out to be a total and utter know-nothing.

Flipping hamburgers is what you can do with N's.
One in the hand is worth two of something