Singapore Expats

Have family forms changed?

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
simmy

Have family forms changed?

Post by simmy » Thu, 30 Mar 2006 5:53 pm

I am interested to know how changes have been made for men & women in family forms since the second world war? This includes gender identities, changing household forms, changing nature of families and relationships & also the changes in marriages.

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Have family forms changed?

Post by tiki » Fri, 31 Mar 2006 7:51 am

simmy wrote:I am interested to know how changes have been made for men & women in family forms since the second world war? This includes gender identities, changing household forms, changing nature of families and relationships & also the changes in marriages.
Are you doing a paper in the subject?

There are so many POVs and subtopics that you can go into. I have done an almost similar study but as it was too vast, I focused on certain points.

Since the second world war, gay marriages or marriages of the same gender has risen considerably. This might seem trivial but if you do some research on it, you will realise, the impact this had in shaping society from then till today. I could tell you more but I encourage you to do your own research as perhaps your take might be different.

Good luck and keep me posted.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

PhantomX

Post by PhantomX » Sun, 02 Apr 2006 12:56 am

tiki wrote:
simmy wrote:I am interested to know how changes have been made for men & women in family forms since the second world war? This includes gender identities, changing household forms, changing nature of families and relationships & also the changes in marriages.

There are so many POVs and subtopics that you can go into. I have done an almost similar study but as it was too vast, I focused on certain points.

Since the second world war, gay marriages or marriages of the same gender has risen considerably. This might seem trivial but if you do some research on it, you will realise, the impact this had in shaping society from then till today. I could tell you more but I encourage you to do your own research as perhaps your take might be different.

You sir must be surely jesting. Or speaking with a rather warped view of reality to say that gay marriages since the second world war have risen to a point where it has noticeably significant impact in shaping society.
That Gay marriages are no happening there is no doubt. But in significant numbers since world war 2? That's taking a stab at a guess that has no basis or foundation of anywhere near the truth.

You would be more accurate in saying that gay liaisons have had a noticeable impact. But gay marriages are a recent phenomenon. And yes no doubt this in itself will have an impact in the years to come. But now? Highly unlikely!

My dear sir..please try to be more precise in your statements... unless you are truly ignorant of the veracity of your own statements.

And pray tell...whyof all things the interest in the gay side of things on this issue? Do I sense a personal aspect that relates to the background you come from?
Anyway just an inconsequential observation of mine. Nothing personal
X

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiki » Sun, 02 Apr 2006 9:20 am

PhantomX wrote:
tiki wrote:

You sir must be surely jesting. Or speaking with a rather warped view of reality to say that gay marriages since the second world war have risen to a point where it has noticeably significant impact in shaping society.
That Gay marriages are no happening there is no doubt. But in significant numbers since world war 2? That's taking a stab at a guess that has no basis or foundation of anywhere near the truth.

You would be more accurate in saying that gay liaisons have had a noticeable impact. But gay marriages are a recent phenomenon. And yes no doubt this in itself will have an impact in the years to come. But now? Highly unlikely!

My dear sir..please try to be more precise in your statements... unless you are truly ignorant of the veracity of your own statements.

And pray tell...whyof all things the interest in the gay side of things on this issue? Do I sense a personal aspect that relates to the background you come from?
Anyway just an inconsequential observation of mine. Nothing personal
Thank you Phantom for your contribution but much like mine, yours is an observation too I reckon?

Interest in gays? You reckon it has something to do with my sexual inclinations?

Like I mentioned, I did a paper on the subject.

Warped? Don't know but it was based on facts.

I urged the threadstarter to do some research on it and see what he or she can dig up. I even encourage the person to share their views on it and keep me posted.

So you reckon gay marriages are a recent phenomenon eh? Or do you mean it's only recently that these marriages are legalised?

Based on what you read in the papers etc I reckon.

Don't believe everything you read mate...

sometimes they cloud your perception.

Nothing personal.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'