Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
erieo
Regular
Regular

Re: Not to get your hopes too high

Post by erieo » Wed, 29 Mar 2006 2:44 pm

trinkflasche wrote:Hi Plavt, thanks for the clarification regarding education qualifications. Yes I read the link, but I'm just saying that SIA just did accept a girl with O level quali only.

Well, not to get the hopes too high for some hopefuls out there... but there're always exceptions. I'm sure this girl had qualities that SIA wouldn't miss out on regardless of her qualifications.
Dear trinkflasche,

How do you know that SIA has made an exception? Is she someone you know?

Wow I bet tat ger muz possess the personality apart from all the stated requirements in order to get through all the interviews. Thumbs up for her. :D

Anyway, I am wondering if I could still send in the application form now, and what are the chances since there is no current opening stated on the SIA website..
:oops:

Thanks

redapple

Post by redapple » Wed, 29 Mar 2006 3:11 pm

erieo wrote:
trinkflasche wrote:Hi Plavt, thanks for the clarification regarding education qualifications. Yes I read the link, but I'm just saying that SIA just did accept a girl with O level quali only.

Well, not to get the hopes too high for some hopefuls out there... but there're always exceptions. I'm sure this girl had qualities that SIA wouldn't miss out on regardless of her qualifications.
Dear trinkflasche,

Wow I bet tat ger muz possess the personality apart from all the stated requirements in order to get through all the interviews. Thumbs up for her. :D

Anyway, I am wondering if I could still send in the application form now, and what are the chances since there is no current opening stated on the SIA website..

Thanks

hmm... erieo,

you can try sending in bcoz my friend had tried before. They called her up for the next coming recruitment drive. Btw, i will also try again as i failed for the last walk in interview. That was my 2nd try. :) But, i will wait for the opening on their website. :)

erieo
Regular
Regular

Post by erieo » Wed, 29 Mar 2006 3:28 pm

redapple wrote:
erieo wrote:

Dear trinkflasche,

Thanks

hmm... erieo,

you can try sending in bcoz my friend had tried before. They called her up for the next coming recruitment drive. Btw, i will also try again as i failed for the last walk in interview. That was my 2nd try. :) But, i will wait for the opening on their website. :)

Hi redapple,

Do you know if a cover letter and resume is required apart from the application form and when will their next opening?

The SIA website are still showing last month walk-in details and did not mention much abt sending via email.

Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheesie » Wed, 29 Mar 2006 3:51 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:
Plavt wrote:Just out of interest singaporegrrl do they SIA accept diplomas from private intstitutes? The reason I ask is in this country such qualifications would only be accepted from recognized institutions (those run by the state) making private endeavours a waste of time.

Plavt.
I'm not too sure about that coz I've heard of people with certain diplomas from private institutions getting their application accepted by SIA. I hope it'll be the same case for the diploma I'm pursuing.
singaporegrrl... no worries! tt time i went for the interview they accept me as i'm from a private institutions oso..i'm into dip. in com studies! so i think the educations dun really matter.. as long as we have a dip. smiles! hope to get in SQ soon and see you there soon!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 29 Mar 2006 4:06 pm

Trinflasche,
I don not know who or where you got such information but I doubt if you have been hearing the truth. See the link below which is written by a member of the Cabin Crew personnel who reads every page of this thread;

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/su ... ht=#157240

Plavt.

Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheesie » Wed, 29 Mar 2006 4:08 pm

erieo wrote:
redapple wrote:
erieo wrote: Dear trinkflasche,

Thanks

hmm... erieo,

Hi redapple,

Do you know if a cover letter and resume is required apart from the application form and when will their next opening?

The SIA website are still showing last month walk-in details and did not mention much abt sending via email.

Hey hi... actually i did try to email them my applications form.. but couldn't send it through.. dunno why! either their mail no space or they stop us from sending at this moment? i dunno... but i still trying to send it! so... hope we can send it through..

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 29 Mar 2006 4:10 pm

Cheesie wrote: educations dun really matter.. as long as we have a dip. smiles! hope to get in SQ soon and see you there soon!
Educational qualifications are accepted from private instutions but it may depend on the syllabus certificate taken.

Plavt.

redapple

Post by redapple » Wed, 29 Mar 2006 4:59 pm

erieo wrote:
redapple wrote:
erieo wrote: Dear trinkflasche,

Thanks

hmm... erieo,

Hi redapple,

Hihi erieo,

it will be really appropriate if you could send in a cover letter. In my personal opinion, i will feel it will be better to send in the application format they had provided to make things easier for them as they have thousands to fliter.. :) Do rem to send in your photo and a full lenght photo. :)

hmm, from the previous posts, they are clearing the management interviews for the sunday walk-in candidates. i guess we have to wait patiently.
From last year's recruitment's drive, the "pattern" is dec, feb, late apr, july and dec again.. maybe it will be coming soon??

But do focus on your current job and try at the same time. In that way, you will feel more relaxed, not causing unneccessary stress to yourself. i learnt my lesson so i would like to share with everybody. :)

redapple

Post by redapple » Wed, 29 Mar 2006 5:04 pm

Cheesie wrote:
erieo wrote:
redapple wrote:
hmm... erieo,

Hi redapple,

Hey hi... actually i did try to email them my applications form.. but couldn't send it through.. dunno why! either their mail no space or they stop us from sending at this moment? i dunno... but i still trying to send it! so... hope we can send it through..
Hi Cheesie,
Maybe there's also candidates sending in, causing their mailbox to be full? hmm.. maybe, you want to try snail mail? :)

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 29 Mar 2006 8:21 pm

I donno if this is true but I've came across a blog a few days ago belonging to a current stewardess. Yep she stated that SIA is accepting O Level holders for the moment. ONLY FOR NOW.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

erieo
Regular
Regular

Post by erieo » Thu, 30 Mar 2006 1:08 am

singaporegrrl wrote:I donno if this is true but I've came across a blog a few days ago belonging to a current stewardess. Yep she stated that SIA is accepting O Level holders for the moment. ONLY FOR NOW.
Thanks Cheesie and Redapple,

Let's try sending and hopefully we can get in together.Hhee hee :lol:

Hi singaporegrrl,

Well, no harm trying you'll never know unless you tried rite? I believe there is always an exception. At the same time, further your studies for personal advancement. Be it whether we get selected or not, at least you can still apply after obtaining your diploma rite?

redapple

Post by redapple » Thu, 30 Mar 2006 9:59 am

erieo wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:I donno if this is true but I've came across a blog a few days ago belonging to a current stewardess. Yep she stated that SIA is accepting O Level holders for the moment. ONLY FOR NOW.
Thanks Cheesie and Redapple,

Let's try sending and hopefully we can get in together.Hhee hee :lol:

Hi singaporegrrl,

Well, no harm trying you'll never know unless you tried rite? I believe there is always an exception. At the same time, further your studies for personal advancement. Be it whether we get selected or not, at least you can still apply after obtaining your diploma rite?
Hi erieo,
My pleasure. :) yes, we will try to send it.. :)

Hi singaporegrrl,
in my personal opinion, your personality and maturity had gone beyond your age :) And believe me, you can try and it 's really their loss if they reject ya.
i dunoe if you can try while ya take up your private diploma...just give it a bang.Rem, you are still young, there's better options out there for ya.. :) Work Hard!

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:03 am

Hi erieo and redapple. Thank you for the compliment though I don't think I'm up to the personality and maturity that you've mentioned. Yep, I'll probably just try sending in my application on the next recruitment round, but I won't hope much. Well, I haven't plan on starting my private diploma anytime soon coz I need to save up money. The diploma I aim for costs a bomb but I don't think I'm aiming other courses like the ones at MDIS or the likes which cost cheaper, coz this is for my next dream, after becoming flight attendant. ;)

redapple

Post by redapple » Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:37 am

singaporegrrl wrote:Hi erieo and redapple. Thank you for the compliment though I don't think I'm up to the personality and maturity that you've mentioned. Yep, I'll probably just try sending in my application on the next recruitment round, but I won't hope much. Well, I haven't plan on starting my private diploma anytime soon coz I need to save up money. The diploma I aim for costs a bomb but I don't think I'm aiming other courses like the ones at MDIS or the likes which cost cheaper, coz this is for my next dream, after becoming flight attendant. ;)
my pleasure. please dont think too lowly of yourself. be confident. :) Hmm.. yes, try to send in. You will never know sometimes there's miracle. :) Oic.. Maybe you take up something you like alt its costly? Bcoz you can work in that industry after you dont want to be a flight stewardess when you are older next time.. who knows..:) Or you are just thinking to get any courses 1st? If you keen to be a flight stewardess... i will recommend ya to try other airlines too. i have friends in emirates too... they are doing good too.. :0 just my 2 cents worth... :)

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:28 pm

redapple wrote:my pleasure. please dont think too lowly of yourself. be confident. Hmm.. yes, try to send in. You will never know sometimes there's miracle. Oic.. Maybe you take up something you like alt its costly? Bcoz you can work in that industry after you dont want to be a flight stewardess when you are older next time.. who knows.. Or you are just thinking to get any courses 1st? If you keen to be a flight stewardess... i will recommend ya to try other airlines too. i have friends in emirates too... they are doing good too.. :0 just my 2 cents worth...
Yep I chose to aim that course because I have future plans with it and I don't want to waste my money on cheaper course which don't interest me. I fear I won't do well in it. About Emirates, yep I have a friend there too and she did assure me that I can't apply anytime soon. I'm 19 remember? :lol: