Singapore Expats

Someone...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Cheekybeek
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Cheekybeek » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 10:44 am

Vaucluse wrote: Definitely not around my area.
Thank god! I couldn't stand living near your pretentious neighbours, I lived in Wahroonga for 6 mths and that was bad enough!

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 12:00 pm

Cheekybeek wrote:
Thank god! I couldn't stand living near your pretentious neighbours, I lived in Wahroonga for 6 mths and that was bad enough!

:lol: Quite right, but I actually meant that Vaucluse and Watsons Bay are so small that none of the buildings look familiar in the slightest.

Hmm, by definition are you calling me pretentious as well???? I am many things (ask around here) but pretentious is not one of them.

Hornsby is a nice area, just so far from town if the need arises - but then it's the old east vs north debate.

'nuff said Image

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 12:52 pm

Vaucluse wrote:I am many things (ask around here) but pretentious is not one of them.
actually he pretended to be a mad scientist once but most of us saw right through him. :wink:

Cheekybeek
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Cheekybeek » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 2:26 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
Cheekybeek wrote:

:lol: Quite right, but I actually meant that Vaucluse and Watsons Bay are so small that none of the buildings look familiar in the slightest.

Hmm, by definition are you calling me pretentious as well???? I am many things (ask around here) but pretentious is not one of them.

Hornsby is a nice area, just so far from town if the need arises - but then it's the old east vs north debate.
Not at all- you seem positively humble, as you'd have to be to give some of the people (tiny minority) the time of day on these boards.

Hornsby is OK, but to be honest I'm a country girl and really, living in the big city was getting me down. Can't stand all the traffic etc. Hornsby was good for access to blue mountains, central coast etc and with its rather large asian population I guess it acclimatised me a little to living in Asia. (had never even left Australia before moving here). My bosses were from Hong Kong, almost all of my co-workers were Malaysian not to mention most of the customers I dealt with were Asian and a lot couldn't speak english. It all turned out to be good practise.

I know when I go home I am not returning to Sydney. It was never home to me.

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Baron Greenback » Fri, 24 Mar 2006 12:59 pm

Cheekybeek I thought you might find this article of interest:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 838364.stm
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Fri, 24 Mar 2006 5:06 pm

Couple of questions for the Aussie minded.....

Are parrots affectionate?

And what sort of neighbourhood is Margaret River?

Thanks.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Cheekybeek
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Cheekybeek » Sat, 25 Mar 2006 4:09 pm

Bubbles wrote:Couple of questions for the Aussie minded.....

Are parrots affectionate?

And what sort of neighbourhood is Margaret River?

Thanks.
Parrots CAN BE very affectionate, they can be moody, curious, temperamental, naughty, intelligent and some like to be cuddled, others don't like to be handled it all depends on the species and the individual personality of the bird. If you want a particularly affectionate bird it's best to get one that is hand raised.

I've never been to margaret river but I think it is fairly quiet, very picturesque, nice wineries, not too far from the beach, nice food and restaurants, weather is very warm in summer, not too cold in winter.

Cheekybeek
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Cheekybeek » Sat, 25 Mar 2006 4:10 pm

Baron Greenback wrote:Cheekybeek I thought you might find this article of interest:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 838364.stm
Thanks for posting that Baron! Very nice story.