Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
prince

Post by prince » Sun, 19 Mar 2006 11:45 am

donno wrote:thanks prince...
you are welcome. :) hope it helps.

insight

Management Round

Post by insight » Sun, 19 Mar 2006 1:36 pm

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone who has went thr the management round? I heard that the management round is different from the olden days. Candidates do not hv to do a 2-3 mins presentation & it is not with a panel of interviewers, max is two. Is that true? It lasts about 10-15 mins, and definately they'll ask some situation questions, so get prepared!

As for the tea party, juz hv to mingle with the interviewers and the 11 candidates & its about half an hr. After that, selected ones will be called. Well... any kind souls would like to share their experience??

Insight :)

louisv

Post by louisv » Sun, 19 Mar 2006 7:24 pm

My galfriend has already started training in early feb this year and according to her there is no more speech presentation as it has used to be. For mgt interview, it really depends on the interviewer i think, to ask situational questions, but do prepare to answer them just in case. For me, the situational qns were asked during round two which is the one-to-one session.

there are many hurdkes to cross just be patient and be yourself. you still have the medical examination to pass.

anyway, there was this classmate who wanted to try for sq but she is uncertain about joining bec she thinks she will get booted out during kebaya fitting because her back is not that straight. I encouraged her nec i knew some stewardess who do slouch a lot too.

heard there will be another round of water confidence test next week. all the best! :)

insight

Post by insight » Sun, 19 Mar 2006 11:41 pm

louisv wrote:My galfriend has already started training in early feb this year and according to her there is no more speech presentation as it has used to be. For mgt interview, it really depends on the interviewer i think, to ask situational questions, but do prepare to answer them just in case. For me, the situational qns were asked during round two which is the one-to-one session.

there are many hurdkes to cross just be patient and be yourself. you still have the medical examination to pass.

anyway, there was this classmate who wanted to try for sq but she is uncertain about joining bec she thinks she will get booted out during kebaya fitting because her back is not that straight. I encouraged her nec i knew some stewardess who do slouch a lot too.

heard there will be another round of water confidence test next week. all the best! :)
Thanks louisv :) Me too was asked on a situation ques during my one-to-one interview... I think for those who had came to the mangement round already has a high chance of getting the job.

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Mon, 20 Mar 2006 8:50 am

prince wrote:i stumbled upon the blog of a steward. maybe u guys can have a read and see how is the life of an aircrew like.

http://pablofranko24.livejournal.com/

Tks Prince,

after browsing thru this guy blog I realized its someone I knoe, this guy have been flying with SQ almost 2 1/2yrs.

erieo
Regular
Regular

Post by erieo » Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:01 am

insight wrote:
louisv wrote:My galfriend has already started training in early feb this year and according to her there is no more speech presentation as it has used to be. For mgt interview, it really depends on the interviewer i think, to ask situational questions, but do prepare to answer them just in case. For me, the situational qns were asked during round two which is the one-to-one session.

Thanks louisv :) Me too was asked on a situation ques during my one-to-one interview... I think for those who had came to the mangement round already has a high chance of getting the job.
Hi all,

I am new to this forum,
congratulation to those that has been selected,
don't give up for those that didn't get through it.
Does anyone know when will they be conducting the next walk-in recruitment?

Thanks

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:35 am

For those people who really wants to be a flight attendant, consider watching the movie 'View From The Top". It really gave me an inspiration to be an air steward even though the movie is bout an air stewardess.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:03 pm

View From The Top, like many other movies that feature the flight attendant's job, only shows an overview on the job. If you want a deeper meaning into the job, The Aviary is a good film. I've read somewhere that there was short film featuring solely on SQ stewardesses entitled Singapore Girl. Seen the trailer once but I don't think the film is in production anymore.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:37 pm

The Aviary....Try to rent that..
The Chinese movie "Kong Jie" scares me.I don't think it's a good inspirational movie for us.
Btw,Singaporgrrl, which ITE were u from?What course?

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:41 pm

What other Flight Attendant movies can u recommend me?It is better if it's about a flight steward.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Mon, 20 Mar 2006 1:27 pm

Shreked wrote:The Aviary....Try to rent that..
The Chinese movie "Kong Jie" scares me.I don't think it's a good inspirational movie for us.
Btw,Singaporgrrl, which ITE were u from?What course?
Rent? Where in Singapore can you rent that? I'd wanna rent if there's anywhere I can do so. Anyway, I was from ITE College Central (Tampines Campus) with Higher NITEC in Information Technology. Why did you ask?

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiki » Mon, 20 Mar 2006 1:31 pm

Airport, movie series.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Post by donno » Mon, 20 Mar 2006 4:08 pm

Instead of taking ITE cert in IT, why didnt you take Service Skills in travel or tourism?... although it is not higher Nitec..

Or go SHATEC.. or private schools like Diploma in travel and tourism...

or take Diploma courses in Polytechnics (polytechnic diplomas are very recognised) such as hospitality, resort and tourism...
10 April 2006

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Mon, 20 Mar 2006 6:15 pm

donno wrote:Instead of taking ITE cert in IT, why didnt you take Service Skills in travel or tourism?... although it is not higher Nitec..

Or go SHATEC.. or private schools like Diploma in travel and tourism...

or take Diploma courses in Polytechnics (polytechnic diplomas are very recognised) such as hospitality, resort and tourism...
I do not want my future to be solely in hospitality and tourism. I was multimedia technologically inclined. That's why I took up IT. Now, with the cert, I applied for a course relating with Music Managements at a polytechnic because that is what I would like to do in the future as well. Besides, SIA do not look at what courses we pursue, only the minimum is required; Diploma or A levels.

prince

Post by prince » Mon, 20 Mar 2006 9:14 pm

wawa wrote:
prince wrote:i stumbled upon the blog of a steward. maybe u guys can have a read and see how is the life of an aircrew like.

http://pablofranko24.livejournal.com/

Tks Prince,

after browsing thru this guy blog I realized its someone I knoe, this guy have been flying with SQ almost 2 1/2yrs.
welcome, its interesting to read his blog as a flying crew.

its interesting to read the other blog i posted as a trainee crew. heeh plus he used to be actor/model.