Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Fri, 10 Mar 2006 5:07 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:
Xof wrote:Just to update you guys. SM Lee is now MM Lee.

Thanks. :D
LOL! That's rather embarrassing to know that some people still thinks that Mr Lee Kwan Yew is still the SM in this small island of ours.
Carpe Diem wrote:I was once told that politicians in Singapore travel via regular airlines to avoid comments about their spending... I don't know how true this is, however I once went to Hanoi in the same aircraft (SQ) as Mr Goh Chok Tong while he was Prime Minister.
Since Singapore is a very small country, politicians can play a part in contributing to its economy, instead of using private planes. Besides, travelling in commercial planes could give them a chance to interact with non-political passengers.
charkwayteow wrote:I wonder if they will ask questions like why do u wan to be a steward/dess?
This is the norm for any airlines be it major or regional, Asian or European or American, etc.
My apologies...at the time he was on our flight, Mr Lee KY was SM. He asked crew members if they were Singaporean, as we had a few Malaysians serving on our flight. But thanks all the same for the comments! :D
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Fri, 10 Mar 2006 6:21 pm

donno wrote:On board the aircraft, we have had SM Lee and also Coco Lee. So it is imperative that your spoken English is impeccable.

SM LKY really fly on SIA??
I heard that he only fly on a private plane..

Ryanstarr, did you serve him??

Tell me more, i'm so surprised.. You must feel honoured.

Ah, no lah...didn't serve him. Yes, he flies SQ. Only served Dr Goh Keng Swee once... but oh how I wished it was Michael James Owen of Liverpool Football Club(then) instead! :)
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

coldlass

Post by coldlass » Fri, 10 Mar 2006 7:50 pm

Yunz wrote:hmm ... i belong to the late afternoon batch of sun interview ..
all the 4 girls that got in from my group ..
had yet to received the mail for 2nd interview ..

Yunz to SimperBoi,
does it mean by tmr we should received else we should
call SIA for enquiries ? Congraduate that you got in le ..

thanks for helping ..
Luck to all those going for the test ..

cheers :wink:

until now, i hav yet to receive the mail for my 2nd interview. i wonder what's going on

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Re: interesting =)

Post by jerlyn » Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:07 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
jerlyn wrote:http://www.uniformfreak.com/
stewardess uniforms =)
interesting..

The women all look the same, and they're all white - even the Africans . . . Something's not right here. =;
haha.. :D :D
be optimistic but realistic...JAL

louisv

Post by louisv » Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:11 pm

I think by now the sunday batch who were selected for the second round should receive the email notification. :) i might be wrong but i received mine yesterday.

coldlass

Post by coldlass » Sat, 11 Mar 2006 2:50 am

oh my gosh... i m so positive that im being selected. even wrote down my email, hp no etc.............. haix....

charkwayteow

Post by charkwayteow » Sat, 11 Mar 2006 4:35 am

coldlass wrote:oh my gosh... i m so positive that im being selected. even wrote down my email, hp no etc.............. haix....
thats funny. all should have gotten their emails i think. i didnt think that they would select from that list again. perhaps u got to wait? unlikely that they can screen all from tat sunday on this sunday...

btw does anyone know whats the programme like? cos the email dont mention nothing, just 2nd interview...what abt the swimming and others?

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Sat, 11 Mar 2006 9:49 am

charkwayteow wrote:
coldlass wrote:oh my gosh... i m so positive that im being selected. even wrote down my email, hp no etc.............. haix....
thats funny. all should have gotten their emails i think. i didnt think that they would select from that list again. perhaps u got to wait? unlikely that they can screen all from tat sunday on this sunday...

btw does anyone know whats the programme like? cos the email dont mention nothing, just 2nd interview...what abt the swimming and others?

Hi,

its just strictly 2nd interview...water confidence test..fitting and pychometric test will be done on the next day or they might scheldule another day for you to come back for the rest. Hope this helps.

simperboi

Post by simperboi » Sat, 11 Mar 2006 10:34 am

jus to check anyone went for their last mgt mgt interview already?

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Post by donno » Sat, 11 Mar 2006 6:27 pm

Does SIA crew mix around wirh SilkAir crew??

Do they stay at the same hotel while abroad??
10 April 2006

Rosey

Post by Rosey » Sat, 11 Mar 2006 6:44 pm

donno wrote:Does SIA crew mix around wirh SilkAir crew??

Do they stay at the same hotel while abroad??
Ermm..I dun think so . 'Coz SIA dun fly to the destinations of Silkair . :D Correct me if I'm wrong . :P

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Post by donno » Sat, 11 Mar 2006 6:47 pm

Yes, SilkAir and SIA fly to the same destinations but not all... Only a few...
10 April 2006

misdemeanor

Post by misdemeanor » Sat, 11 Mar 2006 9:14 pm

Hi, can i just ask if during the 4 months of training, are the trainees paid? or its until you officially start flying then will you get paid?

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Post by donno » Sat, 11 Mar 2006 10:06 pm

I heard just the basic pay of SGD 1200 a mth.

Correct me if i'm wrong.. :wink:
10 April 2006

plyn

Post by plyn » Sat, 11 Mar 2006 10:06 pm

misdemeanor wrote:Hi, can i just ask if during the 4 months of training, are the trainees paid? or its until you officially start flying then will you get paid?
you're paid only the basic pay for the first 4 mths but when u start flying, you'll get allowances (for transport, location (overseas), meals etc)..