Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 5:45 pm

Indeed

'nuff said Image

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiki » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 7:39 pm

Vaucluse wrote:Indeed
Welcome back Vman.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 8:27 pm

Thanks, Tiki - I've come back a man of few words.

'nuff said Image

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Out of the blue...

Post by Plavt » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 9:20 pm

ryanstarr wrote:
You must mean out of the blue...blue moon means once in a long while, or seldom. Hope you did not speak like that at Management interview. Cause if you did...well, you draw your own conclusions. On board the aircraft, we have had SM Lee and also Coco Lee. So it is imperative that your spoken English is impeccable. :)
Thank you ryanstarr, I have mentioned this a few times not meaning any malice to anyone I might add.

Plavt.

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Post by donno » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 9:26 pm

On board the aircraft, we have had SM Lee and also Coco Lee. So it is imperative that your spoken English is impeccable.

SM LKY really fly on SIA??
I heard that he only fly on a private plane..

Ryanstarr, did you serve him??

Tell me more, i'm so surprised.. You must feel honoured.
10 April 2006

Xof

Post by Xof » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 10:01 pm

Just to update you guys. SM Lee is now MM Lee.

Thanks. :D

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Post by Carpe Diem » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 10:21 pm

I was once told that politicians in Singapore travel via regular airlines to avoid comments about their spending... I don't know how true this is, however I once went to Hanoi in the same aircraft (SQ) as Mr Goh Chok Tong while he was Prime Minister.
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

charkwayteow

Post by charkwayteow » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 10:56 pm

I wonder if they will ask questions like why do u wan to be a steward/dess?

what if one has not taken a flight before? ever? would that hold against u? pretty embarassing stuff.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 11:05 pm

Xof wrote:Just to update you guys. SM Lee is now MM Lee.

Thanks. :D
LOL! That's rather embarrassing to know that some people still thinks that Mr Lee Kwan Yew is still the SM in this small island of ours.
Carpe Diem wrote:I was once told that politicians in Singapore travel via regular airlines to avoid comments about their spending... I don't know how true this is, however I once went to Hanoi in the same aircraft (SQ) as Mr Goh Chok Tong while he was Prime Minister.
Since Singapore is a very small country, politicians can play a part in contributing to its economy, instead of using private planes. Besides, travelling in commercial planes could give them a chance to interact with non-political passengers.
charkwayteow wrote:I wonder if they will ask questions like why do u wan to be a steward/dess?
This is the norm for any airlines be it major or regional, Asian or European or American, etc.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

interesting =)

Post by jerlyn » Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:24 am

http://www.uniformfreak.com/
stewardess uniforms =)
interesting..
be optimistic but realistic...JAL

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Re: interesting =)

Post by Vaucluse » Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:32 am

jerlyn wrote:http://www.uniformfreak.com/
stewardess uniforms =)
interesting..

The women all look the same, and they're all white - even the Africans . . . Something's not right here. =;

'nuff said Image

simperboi

Post by simperboi » Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:39 am

jus wanna check, any boys failed the management round before?? seems like the converstaion here seems more for ladies. how abt guys, maybe you would wan to share with some of our friends here what you have experienced. or is the % for guys whom made to the last stage is pretty safe enough. share wit us what you know. thanks

Stress_Gal

Re: Creepy!

Post by Stress_Gal » Fri, 10 Mar 2006 2:46 pm

[quote="donno"][quote="Best"][quote="Anonymous"]here`s a creepy and a rumour ghost story...did all of u heard about the SQ006 accident at taiwan a few yrs back...here`s the true story...that was nvr reported..

SIA have removed SQ006 permanently from their timetable.
The flight number is now replaced to SQ030.
The return flight of SQ005 now SQ029

From now on, SQ006 is history.
The flight number was change after SIA investigation team and management found something spooky happened on SQ006 final flight.

Believe or not,if u recall,
exactly 1 year ago on the date that SQ006 crashed,
there was a Taiwanese SIA stewardess murdered in a hotel in LA.
The murder suspect was her fellow colleague.
Remember ?
Her naked body was dismembered and hidden in a cupboard.
Do you know that she was wearing red when her body was flown back to Singapore on SQ005 via Taipei and wore red when she was burried.

Her mother wore red too to recieve her body at Changi Airport.
Exactly 1 year (31 October) later on her death anniversary,the plane crashed in Chang Kai Shek Airport.
Coincidentaly, this was also the day the "murderer" steward was released from prison.
The SQ006 TPE-LAX sector was schedule to leave TPE at 10.55pm. As there was an approaching typhoon.

SQ006 captain & flight officers decided to board the plane and depart 15mins earlier. The L1 & L2 door were not closed till the 10.55pm (the original departure time)
Reason being the numbers of pax do not tally with the passenger lists in the economy section.
One of the junior stewardese counted 5 times and adviced her colleague that she cannot tally the pax in the economy section.
Both of them counted the pax again and confirmed on an xtra pax in the cabin.
When they re-counted the pax with the chief stewardese again the number of pax were correct.

Later the junior stewardese informed her chief stewardess that 1 of the lady pax sitting in 40A (in front section of the economy class) was not there and cannot locate her in the lavatory either.
The flight was pushed back as schedule.
The 2 junior stewardess were among the casualties in SQ006 and none of the pax in the front economy section survived the crash. As for the chief stewardess suffered slight injuries as she was sitting in the business class section.
While preparing the flight for LAX in the business class section, one of the male in-flight supervisor who can "see things" happened to see a lady flipping through the pax listing which was placed on one of the list class cabin table.
As there were cleaners in the cabin vacuuming, he did not shout at her but when he make to the 1st class section,there were no sign of this lady.
The male in-flight supervisor was among the survivors unscratched as he was sitting at the back section of the economy cabin.
This story was brought up during investigation interview with the SQ006 crews.
There was suspicision that the murder a year ago could have involved more then 1 person but they were let off.
It was belief that the accomplices could have been in the SQ006.
It was understood that one of the male in-flight steward who died in this crash is a buddy of the murderer.
The flight number was immediately changed after this interview.
Believe it or not ![/quote]

Very Interesting story!!!

Is this for real? Where u get this story from?[/quote][/quote]

Stress_Gal

Post by Stress_Gal » Fri, 10 Mar 2006 2:50 pm

[quote="voxvox"][quote="Cheesie"][quote="donno"]oh ya!! forgot!!

do SIA accept students from private school who take private diploma???

or they only want Polytechnic diploma??

If so, what kind of diploma does SIA PREFER???

i noe my questions are stupid to some of u.. but please reply... i really need to noe.. i'm curious...

SOrry.. and thanks..[/quote]

Yep, no worries.. they dun state on the requirment becos were to advoid too many people from coming, you know.. so just go for the interviews... :D[/quote]

[color=orange]Hi,

I am not sure if i am too late to reply on this. From my understanding, the basic requirements they posted previously in the newspaper and website, include a diploma from local polytechnic. This means that private diploma certs are not included. As for their preference for types of dipolma, i guess it doesn't really matter. As long as it is a diploma from local polytechnic in Singapore.

Hope this is useful. :D [/color][/quote]

Hi girls,as I know I saw the lastest SQ website they stated Diploma w/o stating from local polytechnic! Confusing

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Creepy!

Post by Plavt » Fri, 10 Mar 2006 4:34 pm

Stress_Gal wrote:
Very Interesting story!!!

Story the only true word, hardly interesting.

Plavt.
Last edited by Plavt on Fri, 10 Mar 2006 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.