Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
charkwayteow

Post by charkwayteow » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 9:29 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:
charkwayteow wrote:Did anyone receive the email yet and was interviewed on Sunday? It's a really long wait right guys? :shock:
Why don't you contact the cabin crew department to enquire?
oh, where can i get e number?

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 9:33 pm

charkwayteow wrote:oh, where can i get e number?
You can call this number: 65498041. I advice you to avoid lunch hours(1200-1400). Good luck!
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

charkwayteow

Post by charkwayteow » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 9:45 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:
charkwayteow wrote:oh, where can i get e number?
You can call this number: 65498041. I advice you to avoid lunch hours(1200-1400). Good luck!
wow. thanks very much!

i just wonder how come its so long. better call to confirm i guess. :)

charkwayteow

Post by charkwayteow » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 9:49 pm

i wonder wats the failure rate for stewards?

btw i heard after the 4 mth training, there is a test?

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 9:57 pm

charkwayteow wrote:i wonder wats the failure rate for stewards?

btw i heard after the 4 mth training, there is a test?
From what I know, there'll be a few tests throughout the 4 month traning, including foundation and first aid. The standard is 80% for a pass.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

simperboi

Post by simperboi » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 10:05 pm

jus wanna check, anyone goin for any interview this week??

plyn

Post by plyn » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 10:15 pm

louisv wrote:
Hi!

Thought I should share my experience when I did my jump in early January. We were told to change into our swimming costumes (bikini, tankini, full body suit acceptable) and after we put on our life-vest, we were lined up in the mockup plane and told to jump individually. Some pointers that you might find useful..

1) Just don't hesitate to jump - it'll be over very soon, serious! But DO cross your arms across your lifevest when you jump in so that it doesn't fly out at the impact.

2) When you jump down, you will sink BUT only for a mere one or two seconds. Do not panic! When you get to the surface, turn and face the mockup and start swimming backwards. I don't know if it's a must to swim backstroke but what I did was to just kick my legs and use my hands to propel me backwards. Just get yourself to the end of the pool and at the same time, watch out where you are heading!

3) Goggles is optional but during my water confidence interview, I don't recall any girl wearing them. I wear contact lens too but it did not affect me much. Wear waterproof mascara too - you wouldn't want to look like a wreck too huh?

Hope it's useful to those going for the water confidence interview in the near future! All the best!

Hi Plyn,

Thanks for this valuable advice. After we get out fromt he pool, do we remove the life jacket for them to check our body for scars or tatoos?
hi :)

Yes of course you have to remove your lifejacket so that they can check for scars or tattoos. If you are able to conceal your tattoos/scars, I think it shouldn't be a problem.

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 10:53 pm

hey any guys out there who went for the interview...
care to share your experience?
I was wondering since its most of the girls who relate them.. . i like some feedback from the guys so I'll know what to expect if i try out. :o
what do they expect from guy candidates?

cheers
"City of Ang3Ls"

louisv

Post by louisv » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 11:14 pm

last but not least, sorry for being so long-winded. i understand we guys goes thru 2 stages less than girls, but is it true they really need stewards that much to the extend where they even open up to people with tattoos too or even conversate in a shy manner? it seems like those who got kicked out are really those who are really introvote as in really sit all by themself instead of mixing around, and the amount been kicked out so far , i would say out of 30, only 1 or 2 was kicked out since day 2
Hi Simpleboi

which are the 2 stages guys do not need to go through. I know one of them is kebaya fitting, the other one? :)

simperboi

Post by simperboi » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 11:46 pm

what i know is , its a stage where they check your skin and face. i dont think guys have it, the only one is the one been held in the pool area.

so anyone goin for the final interview this week or next?

nafnaf

Post by nafnaf » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 11:48 pm

people from the sunday batch you should have received your emails by now if not i think the latest is tmr :D

misdemeanor

Post by misdemeanor » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 11:56 pm

yeah, I rec'd mine already. this saturday...

charkwayteow

Post by charkwayteow » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 11:58 pm

nafnaf wrote:people from the sunday batch you should have received your emails by now if not i think the latest is tmr :D
i hope so! i was early on sunday too... :)

simperboi

Post by simperboi » Wed, 08 Mar 2006 12:39 pm

so that means most of the sunday ppl will be goin for the 2nd interview this week. but any guys around here whom ade to the second interview??? all the best, it isnt that hard for guys, i dont know abt girls. but as for guys jus smile and PLEASE be your self, the interviewers can tell whether r u putting a front or r u being your true self. dont forget they have seen more acting than us do, so wat do ya think.

simperboi

Post by simperboi » Wed, 08 Mar 2006 12:41 pm

to all stewards or stewardess,

do SIA normally ask you to fill up the employment form, bring bank account no, edu. certs, all this before the mgt interview?? jus wanna check wat was your procedure was that time round for u

thanks for the advice