Singapore Expats

how can i make a singaporean passport?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
wysnaa

how can i make a singaporean passport?

Post by wysnaa » Sun, 05 Mar 2006 4:11 pm

hi everyone in forum

i would like to know , is it possible for me ( i am an indonesian passport holder, working in singapore using employment pass) to apply a singaporean passport?
1. how much do i have to spend to make this passport?
2. what are the requirements to make this passport?

thank u very much...i appreciate every single reply that comes to me :)

aus_xpat

Post by aus_xpat » Sun, 05 Mar 2006 4:49 pm

You could probably get one made through the black market, but I hear that it's getting far more difficult because of the way they do the photo's in them now. Your other option is to steal a singaporeans identity.. but you lose your own identity if you do that.

If both of the above fail, and you're not in jail yet, you could apply for citizenship. Not an easy task in any country.

Why would you want a singaporean passport anyway?

wysnaa

thank u

Post by wysnaa » Sun, 05 Mar 2006 5:05 pm

thank u for your advice

is it illegal to make a singaporean passport while i am an indonesian passport holder? i thought there would be a legal way to make singaporean passport. i would like to have this one in order to visit USA, due to if i visit usa with my indonesian passport then i should go back to my own country and apply visa in u.s embassy in jakarta.

does anyone know where or whom to be contacted to make a singaporean passport?

thank u

Siong2
Regular
Regular

Post by Siong2 » Sun, 05 Mar 2006 5:23 pm

Wah, here also can trade black market stuff arh?
Anyone know where can I get a M16 rifle? Real interested in owning one. :P

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiki » Sun, 05 Mar 2006 5:41 pm

I believe but correct me if I'm wrong, that you need to have a PR or Citizenship status before you can apply for a Singapore Passport. Also, I do not think you're allowed to hold any other if you have a Singapore passport. I don't think Singapore allows for dual citizenship.

I could be mistaken.

You could call the Immigration dept up for further clarification.

SMS or Strong Eagle would be able to address this issue better given their experience. What do you reckon guys?
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 05 Mar 2006 6:46 pm

On the off chance that the OP is serious, the answer is no, you cannot make a Singaore Passport unless you are a dual citizen under the age of 21 and one of your parents was Singaporean. Otherwise, if you are an adult you have to apply for Citizenship in Singapore. An employment pass holder cannot apply for citizenship. You would have to apply for Permanent Residence first and after about a minimum of two years as a PR you could then apply for Citizenship.

Out of curiosity, what type of employment pass are you here on? If anything other than a Work Permit (WP) you would need at least a degree if I'm not mistaken (S/Q/P holders). Even an Indonesian Degree will give you enough education to be able to research that question.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kk_lass
Reporter
Reporter

Re: thank u

Post by kk_lass » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 12:13 pm

wysnaa wrote:thank u for your advice

is it illegal to make a singaporean passport while i am an indonesian passport holder? i thought there would be a legal way to make singaporean passport. i would like to have this one in order to visit USA, due to if i visit usa with my indonesian passport then i should go back to my own country and apply visa in u.s embassy in jakarta.

does anyone know where or whom to be contacted to make a singaporean passport?

thank u
Only Singapore citizens will have the privillege to have Singapore passport.
You can try applying for Singapore citizenship, but criterias apply and it takes few mths for process.
Once your citizenship is approved, you have to give up your Indonesian Citizenship, that includes passport etc..

If your issue is just to visit USA, then go to US embassy in singapore to apply for your visa.
LEVERAGE ~ The ability to do MORE and MORE with less and less